Thread: need Suggestions?

Feedback Score

need Suggestions?

i need to buy a new android smartwatch, i have never used smartwatch before so need help. How to select a best smartwatch and what features should we consider when buying it?
    Can we customize the watch face in all smartwatches?

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the late reply I would not buy anything that does not support Android Pay. Manufactures are idiots .... people do not use it well I do but there are currently only two choices LG Sport or Huawei 2

To me Andoid Pay is the killer app, no reaching the cards or the cell phone just tap with the wrist. It is very cool.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesy Grace View Post
    i need to buy a new android smartwatch, i have never used smartwatch before so need help. How to select a best smartwatch and what features should we consider when buying it?
    Can we customize the watch face in all smartwatches?
    Check into any actual "Android Wear" watch that strikes your fancy and look at the extremely poor battery life. It's discouraging to anyone who'd like to wear their watch more than a few hours a day.
    "Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property." - Milton Friedman.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Check into any actual "Android Wear" watch that strikes your fancy and look at the extremely poor battery life. It's discouraging to anyone who'd like to wear their watch more than a few hours a day.
    What are you talking about a few hours a day?.... What an over the top and useless comment.
    Yes Android Wear watches there are compromises to be made, but I have owned 5 different Android Watches over the years and all of them get me through the day.... from 6am to about 10pm and that is good enough for now.

Also I always use a full Ambient Display.

My latest watch and it maybe my last unless if somebody releases a new watch supporting Android Pay is the LG Sport.
    Compromise ... yes I do not turn the cell phone on, WiFi is off, gestures is off and the display is not set to Max but like I say Ambient Display is on and NFC is on for Android Pay.

Most days I go from 6am to 10pm and have 40% when it goes into the charger at night.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I find the Samsung Gear S3 watch is very functional and useful. The watch uses Samsung Pay that is their proprietary version of Android Pay.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    What are you talking about a few hours a day?.... What an over the top and useless comment
    Not useless at all. I have owned two, and the battery life was terrible: no more than 8 hours. Is that a "few"? Well, maybe "few" is an exaggeration. "Several" would be more accurate.

It's a complete fail as far as battery life goes. Maybe it is not a coincidence that the "Android Wear" watches, with several-hour battery life have fallen by the wayside, while watches with a few DAY battery life, like the Apple Watches and the Samsung Gear S* series, have continued to thrive.
    '
    I wish it weren't that way. I'd prefer to have a good Android Wear watch than the Gear S3 I have now. If you DO know of one with two-plus day battery life, and runs Android Wear 2, let me know....

---------------

More advice for Jesy: BEWARE of so many of the watches you see on eBay and dubious mainland China direct mail sites... There are many that advertise as Android watches, but they aren't Android at all! They are simply nominal "smart watches" with a few functions that can connect to Android via bluetooth. It's not an Android watch unless it runs Android Wear.

Here is one of these: It mentions Android, but is not an Android watch, and is real cheapo:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T8-Bluetoot...0rDcuUxuE8gpDw

Another type, which you probably won't want, is an watch running full blown Android. This is technically an "Android watch", but I don't know of anyone who owns these, and the hardware and provenance seems suspicious.

This watch is an example of this. It runs Android 4.4. IT looks great. but is it as good as it sounds?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-1-D5-And...WTxCoxt6yHqHYQ