Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1404

Thread: Moto E4

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I was surprised that somebody actually was still able to purchase the E4 XT1768 from WM. But I just checked and still see two WM stores with two each in stock in NW Ohio, according to BrickSeek. However, since I already have two, one in use and one NIB, and really don't need any more, I'm not going to go out of my way to check to see if they are really available at those stores.
    Thanks to Boz1's previous alert on this deal, I also have 2. One in use, one NIB. If you go looking keep these things in mind based on my experience.
    1. The public WM website may not show them for the store Brickseek shows them for.
    2. They likely won't be displayed upfront in the department.
    3. Have the WM associate check their "in house" computer system for the availability. If they show in their system they're somewhere.
    4. They're in the upfront cage or in the back somewhere. In my case they were locked in the managers office with high end and left over older phones.

However Brickseek gets it's info they're updated pretty quick. When I left for the store Brickseek was showing 2, but not on the public WM website. When I got to the store they were showing on the WM in house system. After some persistence they found them (2). Till I got home (a couple hours), Brickseek was not showing them anymore.

Being persistent "but polite" with the associate will go a long way. This is a great unlocked phone at a great price for the features it has.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I took an activated VZ tf sim from a tf rebel 3 and put t into an unactivated moby unlocked moto E4 (5th gen?). Everything seemed to work fine until I tried to make a call. I got a message that said something to the effect that "the call could not be completed because the sim had been activated in another phone. Please put the sim in the phone it was activated in."
    In settings> about phone the phone number showed as it did in the rebel 3.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I took an activated VZ tf sim from a tf rebel 3 and put t into an unactivated moby unlocked moto E4 (5th gen?). Everything seemed to work fine until I tried to make a call. I got a message that said something to the effect that "the call could not be completed because the sim had been activated in another phone. Please put the sim in the phone it was activated in."
    In settings> about phone the phone number showed as it did in the rebel 3.
    That's interesting. But what does "moby unlocked moto E4 (5th gen?)" mean?

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It is a moto E4 unlocked by moby un-locker

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So it a Vzw Prepaid Moto E4. That message you received is still an interesting development.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did another SIM ever work correctly in that phone?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I took an activated VZ tf sim from a tf rebel 3 and put t into an unactivated moby unlocked moto E4 (5th gen?). Everything seemed to work fine until I tried to make a call. I got a message that said something to the effect that "the call could not be completed because the sim had been activated in another phone. Please put the sim in the phone it was activated in." In settings> about phone the phone number showed as it did in the rebel 3.
    try an AT&T or T-Mobile sim in the phone, usually only the GSM side is unlocked and the Verizon side is still locked to Verizon.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try an AT&T or T-Mobile sim in the phone, usually only the GSM side is unlocked and the Verizon side is still locked to Verizon.
    No, I used a prepaid VZW E4 unlocked with a code for over a year on TW (recently switched that line to get VoLTE). Many others used it on various VZW MVNOs.

It not working is a new development.

Even now, my Moto E4+ is using a swapped SIM.

I'd test the old E4, but the touchscreen went dead so can't enter PIN.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Be interesting to see if the SIM out of a TF AT&T or T-Mobile phone would currently do that.
    You should be able to eliminate that problem with an AT&T or T-Mobile TF BYOP SIM as they never log a phones IMEI.
    It may just be Verizon matching phones and SIM`s and then denying swaps.
    This may be a new development for which we will need to work to understand the details.
    There have been inconsistent hints of this originating with Page Plus.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It may just be Verizon matching phones and SIM`s and then denying swaps.
    This may be a new development for which we will need to work to understand the details.
    There have been inconsistent hints of this originating with Page Plus.
    Yes, SIM swaps can be detected on the Verizon network. Seems to be selective though. Happens often on Page Plus, and may on Straight Talk. The difference here is the swaps were not denied before. Not sure why Verizon is getting huffy now, as they have allowed SIM swaps with their own customer phones for a long time.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't have a current activated AT&T nano sim

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The difference here is the swaps were not denied before. Not sure why Verizon is getting huffy now, as they have allowed SIM swaps with their own customer phones for a long time.
    And is it Verizon doing it in their own or a flag TF us setting?

Could be because it's a prepaid phone that's technically not eligible for use with an MVNO (not properly cleared/unlicked by Verizon).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

Could be because it's a prepaid phone that's technically not eligible for use with an MVNO (not properly cleared/unlicked by Verizon).
    Could be the prepaid phone. When I was testing RCS in the last few days, I swapped the VW sim that was in a J7 Sky Pro (HSN bundle) into a Factory unlocked (or should that be unlicked? ) Moto with no problem.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

It is because it's a prepaid phone without carrier unlocking, but the 3rd party unlock codes used to counter that. Apparently there is now a further probe by the network to see if the account/SIM matches the IMEI. Seem to remember someone saying on PPC that the account info get's changed to reflect the IMEI of the receiving phone after a SIM swap. Hard to say what involvement there is between TF and VZW on this.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Somewhat related, there were a few reports in this thread of people swapping in an active TF/VZW from another phone into the Ebay-unlocked E4, then the SIM didn't work when swapped back into its original phone. The owner had to get TF to do something to restore service.

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast