Thread: Moto E4

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Looks like a new System Update was released last night via VZW. version NDQS26.69-64-11-13. So far, no issues after update.

Still amazed $15 Pre-paid phone still getting security patches while $300+ Flagship phones are EOL.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hapollo8 View Post
    Looks like a new System Update was released last night via VZW. version NDQS26.69-64-11-13. So far, no issues after update.
    Are you sure the update came from VZW? Usually Moto phones get these directly from Motorola Mobility.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Seem to remember someone saying on PPC that the account info get's changed to reflect the IMEI of the receiving phone after a SIM swap.
    That was me a couple times. When I wanted to swap phone numbers between phones I was told by PPC to just swap the SIM. I asked "what about the IMEI/SIM match" and they said their system will auto update it. This was between a Tracfone branded phone, an assumed unlocked Verizon K4, and a factory unlocked E4. No issues. (to date)
    This was several months ago so maybe things changed.
    Sounds like it could be the unlock of the prepaid E4. I half recall some discussion in here about unlocking those only gives you GSM, and if you did get onto a VZW MVNO those may not do VoLTE ? Was warned against buying a Verizon unlocked model versus a factory unlocked model which I have.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Are you sure the update came from VZW? Usually Moto phones get these directly from Motorola Mobility.
    It was pushed last night and shows up under System Update within About Phone? It's the same source as all past security updates. If those updates were from Moto directly and not VZW then that's where it's from. Does the source matter?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just checked my Verizon Prepaid E4 for available updates and it was there. There had been no notification a security update was available. The last security update was done on May 6. There is no indication who sent it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I just checked my Verizon Prepaid E4 for available updates and it was there. There had been no notification a security update was available. The last security update was done on May 6. There is no indication who sent it.
    You might have to install the update to see the source. I doubt it came from VZW, as normally they would not know that SIM swapped phone was on their service.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I half recall some discussion in here about unlocking those only gives you GSM, and if you did get onto a VZW MVNO those may not do VoLTE ?
    No, you can use VZW MVNO SIM, you just can register it (IMEI fails). SIM swap only.
    Or could until recently ...

You can't use VoLTE/VVM at all because the Verizon Advanced Calling app needs a Verizon account to login to. That could change, but I doubt it will.

I doubt you could use VoLTE/VVM with a "GSM" carrier for the same reason.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I went to swap SIMs in my E4 yesterday, and noticed a swelling battery. Luckily batteries are fairly cheap so one is on order.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Sounds like it could be the unlock of the prepaid E4. I half recall some discussion in here about unlocking those only gives you GSM, and if you did get onto a VZW MVNO those may not do VoLTE ? Was warned against buying a Verizon unlocked model versus a factory unlocked model which I have.
    Yes, locked Verizon prepaid phones are too difficult to deal with. The lock down started with the Moto G4 Play about 3 years ago. 3rd party unlock codes did work on those, but there was no GSM option like the E4. I sure like having an all carrier unlocked phone now!

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94