Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $55 plan unlimited data

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rview View Post
    Someone commented on a video that on the 9th the $55 plan would be unlimited for any phone. It appears live on Straight Talk's site right now, called "ultimate unlimited". There is also a picture of the card in Walmart's Black Friday ad, and it mentions the 32 GB in the fine print.
    For sure, I see it on their web site right now, too.

I find this both awesome as well as hilarious: awesome, because it seems like a great deal and I hate jumping through stupid hoops in order to take advantage of deals, but hilarious because the "unlimited with purchase of Samsung phone" offer has a listed expiration date of 11/20, and it sure seems like offering it to everyone who buys the $55 refill undercuts such an "expiration" or any urgency to try to get in before the "special" and "limited time" offer ends.

If they actually cared about selling more Samsung phones, they should have at least waited to offer the deal to all comers until a week or two AFTER the 20th, not offer it nearly 1.5 weeks before that "deal" is supposed to end. I really don't understand their strategy here...although don't misinterpret my confusion here as a complaint!

-- Nathan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post
    For sure, I see it on their web site right now, too.

I find this both awesome as well as hilarious: awesome, because it seems like a great deal and I hate jumping through stupid hoops in order to take advantage of deals, but hilarious because the "unlimited with purchase of Samsung phone" offer has a listed expiration date of 11/20, and it sure seems like offering it to everyone who buys the $55 refill undercuts such an "expiration" or any urgency to try to get in before the "special" and "limited time" offer ends.

If they actually cared about selling more Samsung phones, they should have at least waited to offer the deal to all comers until a week or two AFTER the 20th, not offer it nearly 1.5 weeks before that "deal" is supposed to end. I really don't understand their strategy here...although don't misinterpret my confusion here as a complaint!

-- Nathan
    so wait now the 32 GB is standard if you buy 55 plan? You dont need to buy a samsung phone???

Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by megahertz-prime View Post
    so wait now the 32 GB is standard if you buy 55 plan? You dont need to buy a samsung phone???
    That is indeed what it seems, any phone and no need to be a new customer. Amazing deal, especially considering Verizon on Straight Talk isn't throttled anymore.

Device(s)
    LG
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (Verizon), Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile U.S.)
    Feedback Score
    I added a $55 plan to my Reserve yesterday and it displayed Ultimate Unlimited High Speed Data.

Feedback Score
    Can I switch from the $45 plan to this right away, or do I have to wait until the next bill cycle?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7, iPhone 6, Nexus 7 2013
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Cricket, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wafflecoptor View Post
    That is indeed what it seems, any phone and no need to be a new customer. Amazing deal, especially considering Verizon on Straight Talk isn't throttled anymore.
    Is ST ATT still throttled?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBoxieZ View Post
    Is ST ATT still throttled?
    AT&T Straight Talk was never throttled. Maybe given less priority at peak times. Tethering not allowed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wafflecoptor View Post
    but is this something thats a holiday deal or does it expire?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2