Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you worried about the future of Boost Mobile?

Feedback Score
    I hope you're right. I'm grandfathered in to the old pay as you go plan which I really like. I just hope I get to keep it after merger.

Feedback Score
    If the merger is approved I think what will make a difference is what conditions are required such as selling boost to make a 4th carrier that has its own spectrum.

If they approve the merger with few conditions then I expect prices to go up immediately for new customers and existing customers eventually.

I would be worried about losing my current plan because I have a promo plan that is cheaper.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    If the merger is approved I think what will make a difference is what conditions are required such as selling boost to make a 4th carrier that has its own spectrum.

If they approve the merger with few conditions then I expect prices to go up immediately for new customers and existing customers eventually.

I would be worried about losing my current plan because I have a promo plan that is cheaper.
    From what has been reported, Boost will be sold to Dish, with the idea that Dish will become the 4th national network. I'm guessing little will change immediately, since Boost will continue to be hosted on the Sprint (and eventually T-Mobile) network, the terms I've seen state that Dish must be hosted by T-Mobile for seven years.

In the longer term, I guess we'll see what Dish ends up doing -- and what partner they may bring in, as they are rumored to do. It would seem smart, to me, to keep Boost mostly "as is," as an MVNO and build a separate postpaid division.

Feedback Score
    https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/201...ger-could.html

Sprint and t-mobile say they need to merge to compete.

But dish thinks it can compete and will be smaller than sprint and t-mobile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dish_Network

Dish is a satellite TV company and also owns sling TV so I assume they are going to try and force TV service with their plans at a higher cost.

I don't want to pay extra for TV service on my phone. I have an unlimited plan on boost now and can watch unlimited TV on the internet for free on websites like youtube and others without a subscription to a pay TV service like sling TV.

If I wanted to pay for internet TV I would probable get netflix or amazon prime.

Feedback Score
    Justice Department has approved T-Mobile / Sprint merger

https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/26/...nt-of-justice/

"The companies will have to sell the prepaid parts of Sprint's business -- Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Sprint prepaid -- to Dish, while that company will gain certain spectrum assets."

It sounds like Sprint is forced to sell Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Sprint prepaid so all of its prepaid but T-mobile gets to keep all of its prepaid.

"The merger isn't done and dusted quite yet. The Justice Department's proposed settlement is open to public comment for 60 days. Meanwhile, the department's antitrust division, along with five state attorney general offices (Nebraska, Kansas, Ohio, Oklahoma and South Dakota) have filed a lawsuit to block the proposed merger."

The merger still might not happen but it looks likely it will now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2