Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: WCS/Band 30 Shutdown/Bandwidth Decrease Markets

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    AT&T is managing traffic in a way that guarantees those minimum speeds something like 99.999% of the time. This is because the feds (FCC?) monitors this due to the CAFII funding AT&T received to build the FWI network.
    Very nice. Doing a bunch of narrow beam sectors at high modulation to make sure everyone gets the speeds?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Very nice. Doing a bunch of narrow beam sectors at high modulation to make sure everyone gets the speeds?
    Yep, you got it.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 3 (with FM Radio), LG Phoenix 2, iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed that some of the towers in Jefferson County Missouri are getting new Pannels... POSSIBLY multi-band Pannels. Band 2/4/30 1710-2400 MHz? The one on Hyfield Road possibly has Band 4 Deployed because of PCI 82 being seen when on Band 4 LTE.

Sent from my LG-M150 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Honestly I wouldn't base a DSL on guarantee either.. And probably only believe a business based fiber with a small SLA window too as it is all oversold. Seen residential gig fiber slow down in peak times before.
    That's a good point, in that poorly engineered DSL with a lack of backhaul isn't guaranteed, but well engineered DSL is, since you'd only be limited by your own line.

Verizon's GPON is guaranteed to at least 75mbps if you do the math out, since they put up to 32 subs on 2.4gbps. That's pretty good speed wise, even though not the full gig.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

WCS/Band 30 Shutdown/Bandwidth Decrease Markets

Seen residential gig fiber slow down in peak times before.
    Yeah after 24 hours with fios. I’m not impressed. First off, our download somehow is screwed up (they also drilled a hole through my effing floor—nightmare they said they’d fix) and speeds are ALL over the place. Comcast was slow at 30/5 but it was 100% consistent. My gig fios ranges from on 5ghz is 80mbps to 120 down and 300-500 up (yes I know Wi-Fi won’t ever get the true speeds).

Oh also, it’s sort of a scam because Verizon’s “Speedtest” says 950/950. Everything else says 80-120. Hmm who to believe?!
    Last edited by Airb330; 12-24-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Yeah after 24 hours with fios. I’m not impressed. First off, our download somehow is screwed up (they also drilled a hole through my effing floor—nightmare they said they’d fix) and speeds are ALL over the place. Comcast was slow at 30/5 but it was 100% consistent. My gig fios ranges from on 5ghz is 80mbps to 120 down and 300-500 up (yes I know Wi-Fi won’t ever get the true speeds).
    You need to test with hardwired gigabit and then judge it. Using Wi-Fi is going to be a crapshoot. You just didn't notice it on Comcast as your speeds were low in the first place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Yeah, you have to have an Unlimited plan for your phones. FWI isn't terrible, but it doesn't seem very compelling. They should adjust the caps so that they only apply between 1700 and 0000 hours or something like that, or do what satellite does, and give another bucket for hours that are off-peak.
    Having AT&T fixed wireless available is a relief for me. I live in a rural area not served by any wired internet (not even DSL). The options are slim - satellite, mobile carrier, and dial up. Although satellite is getting a lot better with the new satellite launches I hope I am never forced down that path. I've used a grandfathered Verizion unlimited account for a while but Verizon eventually shut me down. I've now been using "AT&T blast" service from 4GAS which has been very good to me - although a bit pricey. I've considered going to AT&T unlimited plus with a hot spot, but giving up my AT&T blast account seems risky. I'm not sure I could get it back if I give it up. Knowing that fixed wireless is available is a relief in that I know that if all other options disappear (which I fully expect) I can fall back to fixed wireless.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Houe View Post
    Having AT&T fixed wireless available is a relief for me. I live in a rural area not served by any wired internet (not even DSL). The options are slim - satellite, mobile carrier, and dial up. Although satellite is getting a lot better with the new satellite launches I hope I am never forced down that path. I've used a grandfathered Verizion unlimited account for a while but Verizon eventually shut me down. I've now been using "AT&T blast" service from 4GAS which has been very good to me - although a bit pricey. I've considered going to AT&T unlimited plus with a hot spot, but giving up my AT&T blast account seems risky. I'm not sure I could get it back if I give it up. Knowing that fixed wireless is available is a relief in that I know that if all other options disappear (which I fully expect) I can fall back to fixed wireless.
    It's an interesting offering, and I'll be interested to see reports of actual performance, but the Unlimited Hotspot on an Unlimited AT&T plan just seems like a better deal. What is AT&T blast?

EDIT: That being said, with FWI, I think AT&T is going to make a killing on this thing. The government is subsidizing them to install the equipment for something that is very cheap to deploy compared to fiber, and a lot of people without other good options will sign up for it. The operating costs for this should be very low, given that the towers and fiber are there anyway, plus they have a lot of revenue upside on overage fees.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    It's an interesting offering, and I'll be interested to see reports of actual performance, but the Unlimited Hotspot on an Unlimited AT&T plan just seems like a better deal. What is AT&T blast?
    Agreed, unlimited hot spot is better while it exists. Probably little reason to use fixed wireless when hot spot is cheaper and has more data. If you are not willing/able to install an outdoor antenna then you might opt for a professionally installed fixed wireless service.

AT&T blast is/was a service from 4gantennashop.com (formerly 4GHS?) which I don't see advertised as such anymore. They resell both t-mobile or at&t bandwidth for rural internet. I believe its a legit partnership with t-mobile and at&t. I use a mofi4500 with this service for my internet. Its unlimited and has worked very well for our rural area.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Houe View Post
    AT&T blast is/was a service from 4gantennashop.com (formerly 4GHS?) which I don't see advertised as such anymore. They resell both t-mobile or at&t bandwidth for rural internet. I believe its a legit partnership with t-mobile and at&t. I use a mofi4500 with this service for my internet. Its unlimited and has worked very well for our rural area.
    Gotcha. Some areas would need external antennas, others wouldn't, depending on how strong the signal is. A lot of rural areas have great cell service and nothing else.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    Hey Terry when you porting to AT&T?
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Hey Terry when you porting to AT&T?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    Unfortunately this has nothing to do with what we’re seeing here.

B2+B66+B30+B5 (20 MHz + 10 MHz + 10 MHz + 5 MHz)
    Minneapolis, MN

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 3 (with FM Radio), LG Phoenix 2, iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My LG-M150 (Phoenix 3) actually saw Band 30 for at least 25 seconds on eNB 242128 sector 149 today and you guys said it doesn't support Band 30. I didn't hit the screenshot button fast enough to get proof.

Sent from my LG-M150 using HoFo mobile app

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast