Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Credit Score Drop [Thread Split]

Feedback Score

Credit Score Drop [Thread Split]

So Iím very confused here. Got the Quebec $49 plan and everything went smooth. Waited until billing cycle changed, ported my number over... no hiccups. I got a $64 bill and paid it the same day (27th of Sept) I check my credit score today and itís dropped almost 100 points!!!! and says Koodo $64 reported Oct 2!!! and if I go to the Koodo site it says paid in full... wtf?! Can someone help me here, thanks

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WAxlRose11 View Post
    So Iím very confused here. Got the Quebec $49 plan and everything went smooth. Waited until billing cycle changed, ported my number over... no hiccups. I got a $64 bill and paid it the same day (27th of Sept) I check my credit score today and itís dropped almost 100 points!!!! and says Koodo $64 reported Oct 2!!! and if I go to the Koodo site it says paid in full... wtf?! Can someone help me here, thanks
    How did you narrow down that your credit score change was due to Koodo? My score went down several points last month because Rogers screwed up and said I had an amount owing despite being enrolled with preauthorized CC. Of course, I am assume it's Rogers but I have no proof.

Feedback Score
    Checked my credit report and nothing else changed on it other than the ďKoodo reported balanceĒ it makes no sense. It says they opened it on the same day I signed up with them to start the process of obtaining the Quebec plan. So every month when I get the bill itís just going to ding my credit score 80 points despite paying it on time? WTF??? lol

Feedback Score
    I want to call them really badly and ask what they messed up but I canít without jeopardizing my plan. So Iím stuck asking for help on what to do. Obviously itís not normal for Koodo to ding your credit score 80 points every month for paying your bill on time lol

Feedback Score
    Iím confused as to why koodo automatically opens up an account that gets constantly reported on your credit report the day you sign up...? I was with Bell for years and never saw them open an account on my credit report

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I’m confused as to why koodo automatically opens up an account that gets constantly reported on your credit report the day you sign up...? I was with Bell for years and never saw them open an account on my credit report
    Every Postpaid service you have (Including Credit Cards / Mortgage / Loans / Leases) show up on your credit report.

Your credit dropped not because of Koodo reporting your payment to the credit bureau, but because of other factors.

Every Time I have opened up any service that I get a bill for, It has showed up on my credit report that I obtain for my own review 2 times per year.

I can see the day the account was opened and if the account is still open, also if any payments were 30/60/90 day late etc for each each account and it also shows the last payment account that was made on that particular account (Credit Card / Mortgage / Loan / Lease / Phone Bill etc) that is in my name.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Every Postpaid service you have (Including Credit Cards / Mortgage / Loans / Leases) show up on your credit report.

Your credit dropped not because of Koodo reporting your payment to the credit bureau, but because of other factors.

Every Time I have opened up any service that I get a bill for, It has showed up on my credit report that I obtain for my own review 2 times per year.

I can see the day the account was opened and if the account is still open, also if any payments were 30/60/90 day late etc for each each account and it also shows the last payment account that was made on that particular account (Credit Card / Mortgage / Loan / Lease / Phone Bill etc) that is in my name.
    Thanks Samshares, I guess Iím just confused because nothing else has changed on my credit karma report except that account opening up and saying I have a ď$64 balanceĒ even though itís already paid off. Also I was with Bell for over 4 years and never had an open bell account on there...

Feedback Score
    So youíre saying even though it says ď$64 reported by Koodo on October 2ndĒ that didnít affect my credit score? How does a company reporting that you owe money not affect your score?

Feedback Score
    Itís was 775 the day I signed up with Koodo and then magically dropped 80 points and nothing else changed on my report other than me owing less on my credit card which should have raised it even higher if anything... itís just really frustrating

Feedback Score
    I guess Iíll just see if it goes back to where it should be within a month. If not, I donít see any option besides calling them. As a student my credit report is crucial

Feedback Score
    Please elaborate on how my credit score is pointless. That sounds like a creative way of saying you donít know the answer. If they messed up, theyíll pay for it

Feedback Score
    They report the balance on your bill. That is how it works. If you want to give your money to Koodo earlier than they want you to and don't want any rewards by paying with a credit card, send a bank payment at least 2 business days before the end of your billing cycle.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    They report the balance on your bill. That is how it works. If you want to give your money to Koodo earlier than they want you to and don't want any rewards by paying with a credit card, send a bank payment at least 2 business days before the end of your billing cycle.
    That's a great tip to improve your credit rating.

There's info online on how Canadians can improve their credit scores.

Let's go back to tips and info on how to get the QC plan now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    That's a great tip to improve your credit rating.

There's info online on how Canadians can improve their credit scores.

Let's go back to tips and info on how to get the QC plan now?
    So they report the balance on your bill even if you pay it a month before the due date and it tanks your credit score each time they report it? lmao, guess Iím leaving Koodo then. Thanks for the obvious tip, I understand the general practices behind improving a credit score. When the Koodo report is the only thing that changed on my credit report and my score drops 80 points, itís obviously what caused it.

Feedback Score
    So they report the balance on your bill even if you pay it a month before the due date and it tanks your credit score each time they report it? lmao, guess I’m leaving Koodo then. Thanks for the obvious tip, I understand the general practices behind improving a credit score. When the Koodo report is the only thing that changed on my credit report and my score drops 80 points, it’s obviously what caused it.
    Credit card issuers and cellphone providers report the balance on the statement. Good luck finding any kind of credit that reports the account balance on the due date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast