Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IPnone SIM swaps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
    Seems the only difference would be with the plans, prepaid = no credit check. I have my Credit Bureaus frozen, and can't tell which one they'll pull. If Equifax the unfreeze is free for another month.

With prepaid the phone are unlocked as well. Are they identical to the unlocked ones at Apple?

Any better use of $800 Verizon GCs? I guess I could wait for the X, but how long will the wait be buying for prepaid?

I'd probably have to let them think it's postpaid and get a plan for a month.
    With prepaid SOME of the phones are locked. The prepaid Verizon box phones are locked. Like the ones you see at Best buy, Target Walmart, those are locked because those are sold at a subsidy price. Ie. 40-60 dollars for the Moto e as opposed to 129 or whatever retail is on the device. So those have a sim lock and a service requirement to be met to be unlocked. Your iphones, Moto z's s8's, none of them do because you aren't buying those at a subsidy, they are charging the same (or close to the same) price they charge postpaid users for the device. Yes sometimes you can find say an iPhone se on sale for Verizon prepaid, that's a sale price though not a subsidized price. So those phones are unlocked out of the box, as they don't have a subsidy attached to them.

As far as identical to the ones from Apple, I'm not sure, never used an iPhone on Verizon, but, if Verizon does add bloatware apps to the iphone then that would be a difference. Apps such as my Verizon, go90 stuff like that. The apple version won't have those. Also there is different processors some iPhones use (at least the for the 7 there was, again not huge on iPhone knowledge) and from all reports the Qualcomm iPhones are better than the Intel ones. I'm not sure what carrier gets what chip and what unlocked version from Apple gets what chip so that's something to look into.

For the iPhone x I haven't got a clue. I believe that's been pushed back even for an apple release let alone a carrier release. So have no clue. Once it's released on Verizon you can walk into a store, buy it, and put it on a prepaid plan. Again there is zero difference between the postpaid iPhone and prepaid iPhone. You are paying full price for the device you just want to put it on a no credit check prepaid plan.

Feedback Score
    I know that Apple prohibited AT&T from putting bloatware on the iphones when they had the exclusive. I have an 6, 6s Plus from AT&T and a 6s Plus from T-Mobile, they don't have anything from AT&T or T-Mobile that I can see as bloatware.. When you first set them up you only see Apple apps.

If Verizon tried that I guess a factory restore would solve that.
    I may look at a Pixel XL 2 while I'm there. But I do think I remember Google phone from others are not bloat free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
    I know that Apple prohibited AT&T from putting bloatware on the iphones when they had the exclusive. I have an 6, 6s Plus from AT&T and a 6s Plus from T-Mobile, they don't have anything from AT&T or T-Mobile that I can see as bloatware.. When you first set them up you only see Apple apps.

If Verizon tried that I guess a factory restore would solve that.
    I may look at a Pixel XL 2 while I'm there. But I do think I remember Google phone from others are not bloat free.
    The Verizon pixel will have my Verizon and go90 installed. The Verizon version of the pixel also has a locked bootloader if that's important to you. All a locked bootloader means is the phone can't be rooted basically. Those are the 2 differences between the Verizon and Google variants of the pixel 2.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I bought an inexpensive backup phone for verizon a month ago. Once I activated it on my account (it showed up on the VZ web site for my prepaid account), I added $75 to my account then used chat to unlock my phone immediately.

Now my account is good through November and 1/2 payment made toward December's
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank yo lookololoopo9lll

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2