Thread: Most Rugged Smartphones For Verizon

Feedback Score

Most Rugged Smartphones For Verizon

I am interested in hearing from others here on what the most rugged smartphones are foir Verizon. I know that there are articles on this, but I am interested in hearing end users personal experience on this.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5, iPhone SE, lG 290c, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Sonim XP7 hands down. Although I’m not sure you can get it directly through Verizon, it can be had through Sonim direct. So I’ll say the XP5 abvailable for Verizon, is the most rugged though it’s not a smartphone. I’ve had it on AT&T service for about a year and it’s taken a beaten!

Xp7 has a dated version of android and it’s pretty damn buggy! I’m waiting for them to bring a successor to that model. The thing is a monster!

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    There's a chance that the S8 Active could come to Verizon, but I haven't seen anything on that yet. It is coming to T-Mobile, so there's hope. IMO, it would fit Verizon's brand and network well. The battery is insane. IMO, basically any water resistant phone like the iPhone 8 or Galaxy S8 could be a good rugged phone if put in an Otterbox Defender.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Force
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Kyocera Duraforce Pro is probably the most rugged of Verizon branded phones. It is dust and water resistant and designed to Military standard 810G. The sapphire screen is supposed to be virtually scratch proof and resists breaking.

Specs wise and price wise it falls into the midlevel range. Adequate processor, adequate memory, adequate battery. It lists at $408, which is almost half the cost of the Z2 Force.

Feedback Score

Elephone Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by crkeehn View Post
    The Kyocera Duraforce Pro is probably the most rugged of Verizon branded phones. It is dust and water resistant and designed to Military standard 810G. The sapphire screen is supposed to be virtually scratch proof and resists breaking.

Specs wise and price wise it falls into the midlevel range. Adequate processor, adequate memory, adequate battery. It lists at $408, which is almost half the cost of the Z2 Force.
    You should check out latest announced Elephone Soldier with Helio X25 chipset. The price of the phone is not confirmed yet, but probably it will come around $400.
    rear 21MP camera, 16MP front, 5000mAh battery, FHD+ display and more.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Force
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rahul951 View Post
    You should check out latest announced Elephone Soldier with Helio X25 chipset. The price of the phone is not confirmed yet, but probably it will come around $400.
    rear 21MP camera, 16MP front, 5000mAh battery, FHD+ display and more.
    But will it support the Verizon radio bands?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    There's a chance that the S8 Active could come to Verizon, but I haven't seen anything on that yet. It is coming to T-Mobile, so there's hope. IMO, it would fit Verizon's brand and network well. The battery is insane. IMO, basically any water resistant phone like the iPhone 8 or Galaxy S8 could be a good rugged phone if put in an Otterbox Defender.
    I think you are hinting at what I think is a good answer to this. The best "rugged phone" might be "any phone".... with a very rugged case around it.