Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Does Rogers get higher priority than Fido customers in speeds/coverage

Does Rogers get higher priority when the network is busy?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    I am shocked that Fido and Rogers was honest. Telus agents like through their teeth and say that Koodo isn't a premium brand and the coverage is not the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 LE
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    I am shocked that Fido and Rogers was honest. Telus agents like through their teeth and say that Koodo isn't a premium brand and the coverage is not the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    Fyi, Telus has VoLte, and Koodo has no VoLte yet. Other than that, they're the same.
    ""Wine'm, dine'm, sixty9'm""

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Does Rogers get higher priority than Fido customers in speeds/coverage

Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_mitch View Post
    Fyi, Telus has VoLte, and Koodo has no VoLte yet. Other than that, they're the same.
    Don’t forget about Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi). TELUS has it but my brother with Koodo is still waiting. He lives in a 30th floor condo and only gets good reception if his iPhone is near his balcony. He’s really waiting for Wi-Fi Calling.
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8+9 GB Data
    chatr: Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah I guess Telus has a point when they say Koodoo has worse speeds. Fido already has voiceoverlte and Wifi calling

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    Don’t forget about Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi). TELUS has it but my brother with Koodo is still waiting. He lives in a 30th floor condo and only gets good reception if his iPhone is near his balcony. He’s really waiting for Wi-Fi Calling.
    Just tell him to switch to Android. Lol j/k.
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S4, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Data-Only)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have the Fido 3-GB-for-$15 plan, and I've been on Fido (from Rogers) for almost 3 years now. Coverage is identical, and I've never seen any evidence to suggest that Fido users are treated as second-class citizens when it comes to network availability or speed.

However, there is a caveat to that: It does not appear that Fido users (well, those on the $15 plan at any rate) get CARRIER AGGREGATION. For those who aren't aware of what this is, it's when multiple LTE bands are combined for much faster transfer rates than is possible on any single band. I have a Galaxy S7, which supports CA, and when I check the band specs with *#0011# when I'm using Fido, there is no CA. However, when the phone has a Rogers SIM in it, CA does work.

I don't have any collaborating evidence here, just my personal observation on this matter.

Update (28-Jan-2018): The restriction I mentioned in this message no longer applies. I still have the same plan, and CA is now supported. I've seen as many as 3 channels aggregated, but I'm not sure if this is a limit of the sites, or a limit on Fido users. Nonetheless, with just 2 channel aggregation on my local site (Band 7 and Band 4) I've been able get download speeds of up to 167.54 Mbps on Fido.
    Last edited by Steve Punter; 01-28-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The catch being that you only get these features if you buy your phone from Fido?

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    The catch being that you only get these features if you buy your phone from Fido?
    What feature Voiceoverlte and wifi calling? You don't have to buy a phone from Fido, I got my Iphine x from Apple and voiceover and wifi calling work. I had to tell Twitter support to add the imei for my phone to my account and it works.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    What feature Voiceoverlte and wifi calling? You don't have to buy a phone from Fido, I got my Iphine x from Apple and voiceover and wifi calling work. I had to tell Twitter support to add the imei for my phone to my account and it works.
    Thanks, that's good to know. I think it was in an RFD thread that I read people mentioning Fido's VoLTE and WIFI Calling were only useable on phones bought from Fido.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks, that's good to know. I think it was in an RFD thread that I read people mentioning Fido's VoLTE and WIFI Calling were only useable on phones bought from Fido.
    Along with iphones, samsung phones bought from anywhere will work on Volte and vowifi - there is a setting on the phone to choose your CSC.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Along with iphones, samsung phones bought from anywhere will work on Volte and vowifi - there is a setting on the phone to choose your CSC.
    So any other phones, purchased not from Fido, other than the big 2 will have issues?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Punter View Post
    I have the Fido $15-for-3 GB plan, and I've been on Fido (from Rogers) for almost 3 years now. Coverage is identical, and I've never seen any evidence to suggest that Fido users are treated as second-class citizens when it comes to network availability or speed.

However, there is a caveat to that: It does not appear that Fido users (well, those on the $15 plan at any rate) get CARRIER AGGREGATION. For those who aren't aware of what this is, it's when multiple LTE bands are combined for much faster transfer rates than is possible on any single band. I have a Galaxy S7, which supports CA, and when I check the band specs with *#0011# when I'm using Fido, there is no CA. However, when the phone has a Rogers SIM in it, CA does work.

I don't have any collaborating evidence here, just my personal observation on this matter.
    Fido users absolutely do have CA, which is a RAN feature. From the RAN's point of view, the users are the same.

It's probably the Samsung customizations on your phone that are preventing CA combos from triggering.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah I was confused when I got my iPhone x why it had 3G calling and when you search up online it says you have to buy it from Fido. Even some of the reps I talked to from Fido told me it won't work. Then I had a good rep on Twitter who said let me check your account and he told me he sees no iPhone x. He asked for imei and told me to restart my phone and it worked. I feel like a lot of people don't know that, even some Fido reps don't.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast