Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Unlock Sprint iPhone 5C

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,989
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unlock Sprint iPhone 5C

    Any TRUSTED on-line web sites that i can go to get this iPhone unlocked for use on AT&T...?? Sprint will NOT unlock for me until i find the person who used it last on their network which i have NO clue because i purchased this phone on Ebay..... & i purchased this phone on Ebay for use with Boost Mobile pre-paid account which i used for 6 months & has been shut off. Boost will NOT unlock either..
    Without complicating this situation about who is supposed to unlock (sprint or boost) because i have called several stores and spoke with several boost and sprint reps and i am getting NO-WHERE... All directions lead me to the last person who had Sprint service active on this phone which i cannot find .... its impossible !!!
    I am NOT buying a new phone.. This phone works perfect and i just want it UNLOCKED.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,062
    Feedback Score
    0
    did you try activating the iphone on sprint themselves ??
    you may have to use the phone on sprint network for so many months before it can be unlocked.
    also, are you sure the iphone isn't locked ?? did you try hooking it up to i tunes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try activating the iphone on sprint themselves ??
    you may have to use the phone on sprint network for so many months before it can be unlocked.
    also, are you sure the iphone isn't locked ?? did you try hooking it up to i tunes.
    I went to the sprint store and they told me i must activate the phone and use it for 6 months before they will unlock it...
    the phone IS locked because i have tried my ATT sim, t-mobile sim and i get the message about the sim is not authorized and please insert a sim of the provider that is authorized... which is sprint..
    6 months on sprint at ~$60 per month plus the $30 activation fee is ~$390 .... Its cheaper to pay an on-line dealer ~$120 that can unlock the phone in about 15 days. But i need a place i can trust.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    177
    Feedback Score
    0
    iPhone SE is $150 for AT&T! Why pay $120 to unlock a 4+ year old phone?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMPhonePhreak View Post
    iPhone SE is $150 for AT&T! Why pay $120 to unlock a 4+ year old phone?
    So I spend another $150 for another phone and make this perfectly working phone a door stop ..
    This phone works and there is nothing wrong with it, it just needs to be unlocked so that I can utilize it until it dies off ..
    I am not going to spend another $150 for another phone .. I would rather pay $120 to unlock it and not have another phone laying around doing nothing but look pretty ..
    Yes it's a 4+ yr old phone but it functions (talk, text & web) just as good as an iPhone 8 which nobody can deny
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,721
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Online unlocking services have always been hit or miss for me with Sprint devices. It isn't worth the trouble in my honest opinion.

    I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but spending $120 to use a phone with 2012 technology (the 5c is essentially an iPhone 5 in a color case) doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint. Just having a 4-year newer battery is worth the $30!

    Since the 5c is now unsupported by Apple due to its 32-bit CPU and won't be receiving updates, spending a few extra dollars for a one-year warranty and a few more years of support makes more sense.

    Also, I've used an iPhone 5 recently, and I can definitely deny that it's just as good as an iPhone 8. It could barely surf the web and got hot from constantly pegging the CPU because it was so underpowered. It also won't support Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE like the SE. It's worth the extra $30 in my opinion just to have 3 generations more advanced CPU and more RAM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post

    I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but spending $120 to use a phone with 2012 technology (the 5c is essentially an iPhone 5 in a color case) doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint. Just having a 4-year newer battery is worth the $30!

    Since the 5c is now unsupported by Apple due to its 32-bit CPU and won't be receiving updates, spending a few extra dollars for a one-year warranty and a few more years of support makes more sense.

    Also, I've used an iPhone 5 recently, and I can definitely deny that it's just as good as an iPhone 8. It could barely surf the web and got hot from constantly pegging the CPU because it was so underpowered. It also won't support Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE like the SE. It's worth the extra $30 in my opinion just to have 3 generations more advanced CPU and more RAM.
    1st off ...
    I dont give 2 ***** about the differences in technology between the 5C and the 8
    2nd off ...
    I use my phone to make and take calls, text people and browse the web OCCASIONALLY ... NO social media garbage of any kind ... No special apps of any kind...

    Which brings back to the fact of the 5C and the 8 function identical for my needs ...

    $120 to unlock this 5C is worth the $$$
    Anyone who pays several hundreds of $$ for any cell phone needs mental help (no offense) but thats how i feel ...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,721
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0

    Unlock Sprint iPhone 5C

    To each their own! Just trying to help you make an informed decision. The fair market value of an iPhone 5c isn't even $120, but it's your money!

    I would spend an extra $30 and just get a better phone but if that's what you want to do, just head over to eBay and find someone who can unlock it.
    Last edited by clonehappy; 10-21-2017 at 12:34 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,989
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    To each their own! Just trying to help you make an informed decision. The fair market value of an iPhone 5c isn't even $120, but it's your money!

    I would spend an extra $30 and just get a better phone but if that's what you want to do, just head over to eBay and find someone who can unlock it.
    I paid $80 for a mint condition 5C .. cannot complain, it looks damn near brand new ..
    i found a web site that claims $28 to unlock it ..

Similar Threads

  1. unlocking sprint iphone 5c
    By rubberman in forum Sprint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 12:30 PM
  2. Unlocking Sprint Iphone 5c
    By anarnold22 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 07:12 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 05:59 PM
  4. Is there any way to unlock a Sprint iPhone 5C?
    By themitydr in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 05:49 AM
  5. How to unlock Sprint iPhone 5C ??
    By Admi in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks