Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pixel 2 VOLTE

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    T-Mobile now has a reciprocal VoLTE roaming agreement with US Cellular in Wisconsin AFAIK. This is a recent change. Not sure how far south it goes though?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...ve_map_update/
    Well damn. Nice to see they finally got that going. USCC was dragging their feet with VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    Some folks over at XDA found out that VoLTE DOES work on AT&T with the Pixel 2/2XL now! You must call AT&T and give them the IMEI of the phone and ask that it be provisioned for "HD Voice", but multiple people have confirmed it working.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by balleron24z View Post
    Some folks over at XDA found out that VoLTE DOES work on AT&T with the Pixel 2/2XL now! You must call AT&T and give them the IMEI of the phone and ask that it be provisioned for "HD Voice", but multiple people have confirmed it working.
    Good news.
    Anyone see that new Verizon and Google commercial? T probably started activating hd voice the first day it aired.

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Nice! Is this for any unbranded VoLTE-capable device, or just the Pixel 2 specifically? And what about WiFi Calling?
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Could be for any unlocked VoLTE device, but I've only heard of the Pixel 2 working with it. It would be worth calling about, so if one has an unlocked VoLTE capable device, then I'd say try it.

As for WiFi calling, it'd be worth having a rep try to add the billing code for it. I've heard of someone having the code manually added on a line, and it worked, but that was for an international S7 edge.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Ah i did this today. They said it could take up to 10 business days for the IMEI to be added and the VOLTE to be added so its a start will keep everyone updated. As for the wifi calling this can be manually added via a phone call also? They also say they didnt even haven any IMEI close in range to my pixel 2 xl in the master list yet.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7, iPhone 6+, Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm interested in this. I've got an Axon 7 and some have said they got VoLTE working on it but when I asked AT&T to enable VoLTE they said Nope.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    VZW has had VoLTE for the pixel for quite some time now

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    VZW has had VoLTE for the pixel for quite some time now
    Nahhhhh, a Verizon "exclusive partner" phone supporting VoLTE and WiFi Calling? You don't say! :P just giving you a hard time. Of course the original and 2nd gen Pixels support VoLTE on Verizon, the Nexus 5X and 6P also did, as well as on T-Mobile.
    Last edited by balleron24z; 11-01-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellfreak View Post
    I'm interested in this. I've got an Axon 7 and some have said they got VoLTE working on it but when I asked AT&T to enable VoLTE they said Nope.
    Well, you're gonna run into reps who think it's not possible because they don't know any better. I'd just call back until you find someone who can help. I had to do that for an issue with video calling over WiFi using data on my plan when I had 0 native cell coverage but WiFi calling. Long story short, after a few calls in and numerous tickets, someone finally got it fixed.

Just gotta be persistent, respectful, and stand firm.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Ah i did this today. They said it could take up to 10 business days for the IMEI to be added and the VOLTE to be added so its a start will keep everyone updated. As for the wifi calling this can be manually added via a phone call also? They also say they didnt even haven any IMEI close in range to my pixel 2 xl in the master list yet.
    Based on what a gentleman with an international S7 edge did, it is possible to have WiFi calling added manually, but whether or not it'll work on the Pixel 2 (like, show up and activate) is a different story.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Ok they called me back this morning the engineers will Not add my pixel 2 xl imei into the master list database because it's non branded andriod att device third call to them and they refuse to add it. This a deal breaker for me..... Seriously would like to know how others on XDA forum got these enabled I have been persistent and courteous if all else fails this will have to go back to Google it's sad any feedback is appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Ok they called me back this morning the engineers will Not add my pixel 2 xl imei into the master list database because it's non branded andriod att device third call to them and they refuse to add it. This a deal breaker for me..... Seriously would like to know how others on XDA forum got these enabled I have been persistent and courteous if all else fails this will have to go back to Google it's sad any feedback is appreciated

probably persistence and HUCA

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Just keep trying man, you may even try on chat vs calling in. I'd use as much firepower as you have, and tell them you "know someone" who called for the exact same thing, and the request was fulfilled. Sometimes if you create more of a story with your request, the reps let down their guard and will see what they can do.

I'd try with online chat though, and make sure you mention it as "HD Voice", as that's what reps will refer to it as (since VoLTE is the technical term).
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    What I really want to know about is VoWiFi, which expands coverage a lot more than VoLTE. I wouldn't go without VoLTE though, only because I'm familiar with New Hampshire, and AT&T's coverage expanded a LOT up there when they rolled out B17 LTE versus their previous PCS HSPA+. When in range of HSPA+, VoLTE is cool, but not really essential.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast