Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pixel 2 VOLTE

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    What I really want to know about is VoWiFi, which expands coverage a lot more than VoLTE. I wouldn't go without VoLTE though, only because I'm familiar with New Hampshire, and AT&T's coverage expanded a LOT up there when they rolled out B17 LTE versus their previous PCS HSPA+. When in range of HSPA+, VoLTE is cool, but not really essential.
    It must be noted that with AT&T, VoLTE is a requirement for VoWiFi by nature of implementation. VoLTE and VoWiFi are very similar in the sense they use Packet-switched voice as opposed to legacy/Circuit-switched voice. So being that VoLTE is a thing with unlocked handsets, and seems to be available to Pixel 2 owners who have tried to get it provisioned, VoWiFi would only require carrier provisioning and device-side configuration.

I'm not 100% certain that Google has implemented the IMS configuration to support VoWiFi on AT&T, but one could try contacting AT&T and seeing if they can manually add WiFi calling to the account, as I understand it's a SOC code (and on my wife and I's lines, it shows as a "feature" that's been "added"). Of course, the whole HUCA process if a rep won't add it, maybe even try online chat.

I mean this in the most non-offensive way, but I tend to run into non-American reps via Online Chat who tend to be more helpful than ones over the phone, but it's completely circumstantial, as there is most always a language and/or understanding barrier that can make or break how helpful online chat really is. If after so many phone calls no progress has been made, I say try online chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Ok they called me back this morning the engineers will Not add my pixel 2 xl imei into the master list database because it's non branded andriod att device third call to them and they refuse to add it. This a deal breaker for me..... Seriously would like to know how others on XDA forum got these enabled I have been persistent and courteous if all else fails this will have to go back to Google it's sad any feedback is appreciated
    Hey man, I don't know if this gives you any hope, but based on how your call went, sounds like maybe AT&T's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, or they're trying to make this too difficult. Based on an XDA post from someone who got VoLTE working, here's how they described what got them to that point.

So I asked them about HD Voice (ATT version of VoLTE) again said he didnt have the resources, so I suggested that my account/phone needed to be provisioned for it, he took my IMEI, changed it in the system, and after rebooting the phone, I now have LTE (instead of H) when calling.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by balleron24z View Post
    Hey man, I don't know if this gives you any hope, but based on how your call went, sounds like maybe AT&T's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, or they're trying to make this too difficult. Based on an XDA post from someone who got VoLTE working, here's how they described what got them to that point.
    Ok problem is solved you must have 8.1 Oreo to get volte on pixel 2. Updated and now have it no phone calls needed I'll work on wificalling later which I think is a lost cause

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok problem is solved you must have 8.1 Oreo to get volte on pixel 2. Updated and now have it no phone calls needed I'll work on wificalling later which I think is a lost cause
    LOL my bad man, I could've told you that. Yep, 8.1 DP1 is required for VoLTE, as that's when the modem configuration for AT&T was changed to enable VoLTE/IMS. I'm told Advanced Messaging/RCS works too, which is way less important. As for WiFi Calling, it could be that device-side configuration still hasn't been done for WFC specifically, but it'd be worth calling AT&T and seeing if they can manually add it.

Glad that you got VoLTE on your 2 XL though, definitely solidifies that I'm getting one for my wife!
    Last edited by balleron24z; 11-03-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Removed image

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+, LG G6+, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    It must be noted that with AT&T, VoLTE is a requirement for VoWiFi by nature of implementation. VoLTE and VoWiFi are very similar in the sense they use Packet-switched voice as opposed to legacy/Circuit-switched voice. So being that VoLTE is a thing with unlocked handsets, and seems to be available to Pixel 2 owners who have tried to get it provisioned, VoWiFi would only require carrier provisioning and device-side configuration.
    Yeah, I know VoLTE is a pre-requisite for VoWiFi, but that doesn't mean that if AT&T decides to throw the switch for the Pixel 2 that they will also allow VoWiFi. This is the company that has purposely blocked the first Pixel, Moto G4 (VoLTE only), Moto G5, OnePlus, and a bunch of other devices from getting VoLTE.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I know VoLTE is a pre-requisite for VoWiFi, but that doesn't mean that if AT&T decides to throw the switch for the Pixel 2 that they will also allow VoWiFi. This is the company that has purposely blocked the first Pixel, Moto G4 (VoLTE only), Moto G5, OnePlus, and a bunch of other devices from getting VoLTE.
    Ridiculous ah just a side note Nokia 6 is VOLTE enabled out the box wifi calling doesn't work

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hence the bit I put about carrier provisioning also, I seem to be talking to a brick wall with tons of folks, but did anybody notice that VoLTE on the Pixel 2/2 XL is only available on 8.1 DP1, and wasn't on 8.0? Wanna know why? Because engineers working on those devices included the modem configurations to support it on AT&T. And if you open up the .mbn file for it, there's no special wizardry in there, it simply outlines the IMS configuration for AT&T's network. Same thing happened with the OnePlus 5, someone browsed around on the partitions of the phone, and found the VoLTE/IMS config for AT&T's network, and sure enough, there are some folks who have got it working, despite AT&T "blocking" it.

I know that AT&T has a whitelist for these "advanced features" so that only approved (ahem, AT&T-branded) Android handsets can access them, but if the IMEI on the billing side is set as a compatible device, I've seen a plethora of folks getting unlocked devices working on AT&T, IF the device has the proper IMS profile. It even seems that some ATS folks at AT&T have the ability to manually add "HD Voice". Hell, a dude got his OnePlus 3T working with VoLTE on Cricket by performing a similar trick in their system.

Ridiculous ah just a side note Nokia 6 is VOLTE enabled out the box wifi calling doesn't work
    My guess is that the IMS profile doesn't contain the necessary information for VoWiFi to work. VoWiFi is essentially a IPSec VPN tunnel created between the device and AT&T's network, which then passes Packet-Switched data back and forth. So if AT&T isn't sharing the information for that (VoLTE IMS config is readily available from an S7 edge, for example), then it'd be hard for manufacturers to implement it.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    I know that AT&T has a whitelist for these "advanced features" so that only approved (ahem, AT&T-branded) Android handsets can access them, but if the IMEI on the billing side is set as a compatible device, I've seen a plethora of folks getting unlocked devices working on AT&T, IF the device has the proper IMS profile. It even seems that some ATS folks at AT&T have the ability to manually add "HD Voice". Hell, a dude got his OnePlus 3T working with VoLTE on Cricket by performing a similar trick in their system.
    Interesting. They really need to stop trying to block devices from getting it and making people jump through all sorts of weird hoops, and just offer it as an option in OLAM for unknown IMEIs. Either that, or they're just going to wait until all the Android enthusiasts have left AT&T for T-Mobile or Verizon if they haven't left already.

Feedback Score
    For those who want to have Volte, video call and wifi calling works you have to manually turn the switch on under settings you have to download shortcut master lite and look for IMS settings and you will see volte settings and all to switch on. It works with AT&T branded phone using tmobile volte if you dont switch the volte on under IMS settings it will not work even though the setings is on on your phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    For those who want to have Volte, video call and wifi calling works you have to manually turn the switch on under settings you have to download shortcut master lite and look for IMS settings and you will see volte settings and all to switch on. It works with AT&T branded phone using tmobile volte if you dont switch the volte on under IMS settings it will not work even though the setings is on on your phone
    I.....I don't think it's that easy. This is a threat for the Pixel 2. Can you show proof that this enables WiFi Calling/Video Calling for the Pixel 2 on AT&T? I understand it may work for other phones, but you didn't mention the Pixel 2, which is what this thread is about. You don't have to use Shortcut Master Lite, for what it's worth, any app that lets a user create a shortcut that links to an activity will work (I use Nova Launcher's ability to add a widget that links to the IMS Settings activity, for what it's worth).

I don't believe the Pixel 2 uses the same IMS Settings application that, say, Samsung uses, but I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. If this works on the Pixel 2, do show screenshots please.

Feedback Score
    I'm not seeing the screen you posted on my Pixel 2 that has Oreo 8.1 (on AT&T)?

edit: Ok, figured it out that the screenshot was from the network app.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE and HD Voice work great on the Pixel 2 XL as it should. AT&T still needs to step it up when it comes to unlock devices on their network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPPIMPC View Post
    VoLTE and HD Voice work great on the Pixel 2 XL as it should. AT&T still needs to step it up when it comes to unlock devices on their network.
    You do realize that Google (and HTC and LG) had to add the proper IMS configuration to the Pixel 2 for the AT&T network, right? It's not all AT&T. I will admit, AT&T needs to quit this whitelist garbage, but it's not all them. It's up to manufacturers to implement the IMS configuration for carrier networks. The only reason T-Mobile is so "open" about it is because VoLTE is required for band 12 accessibility on their network, and the only reason Verizon is so "open" to it is because 1) you can't do simultaneous data and voice without VoLTE on their network and 2) Verizon requires devices to be certified for their network, and it's mandatory (now) that IMS/VoLTE be implemented for phones to use their network (since they're decomming CDMA in the near future).

Feedback Score
    I.....I don't think it's that easy. This is a threat for the Pixel 2. Can you show proof that this enables WiFi Calling/Video Calling for the Pixel 2 on AT&T? I understand it may work for other phones, but you didn't mention the Pixel 2, which is what this thread is about. You don't have to use Shortcut Master Lite, for what it's worth, any app that lets a user create a shortcut that links to an activity will work (I use Nova Launcher's ability to add a widget that links to the IMS Settings activity, for what it's worth).

I don't believe the Pixel 2 uses the same IMS Settings application that, say, Samsung uses, but I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. If this works on the Pixel 2, do show screenshots please.

okay it may or may not work with at&t network because with samsung devices that sold in the USA the IMS settings under shortcut master is blocked but those with other carrier branded phones or international unlocked will able to use IMS settings on at&t network it did work with galaxy s7 unlocked international version using HD voice at&t but you have to turn the hidden settings on.. IMS carrier configuration is the same thing as APN settings if your device can automatically choose the APN then it may also automotically set the IMS settings but it is turn off.. What carriers do is that if not listed they turn off the IMS switch off even though the settings are already there I know because I saw it on the phone it shows provision on at&t network but the switch is off has to manually turn on.. Again, it may or may not work with any phones or any carrier theres nothing bad if you try it..

AT&T branded galaxy s6 phone works with Tmobile network HD voice and video call it does not work if you just turn it on via settings menu you have to use the app hidden menu to turn it ON..

ALL android devices with same version should work exact same thing with pixel unless the manufacturer blocks some certain features of the Operating system.. I heard that in future android OS at&t will include in the OS configuration for their VOLTE settings.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast