Pixel 2 VOLTE

Hi, Is VOLTE supported AT&T?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Probably not. AT&T has been extremely nasty with enabling VoLTE on unbranded devices, only a couple of Android phones have made their list. AT&T is the new Verizon with this stuff.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Yes exactly it's sad. Surprised Nokia 6 actually had VOLTE enabled. Will see if it has it when it arrives if it doesn't it's deal breaker and will return it.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Yes exactly it's sad. Surprised Nokia 6 actually had VOLTE enabled. Will see if it has it when it arrives if it doesn't it's deal breaker and will return it.

Please do report back. I have been interested in possibly switching to AT&T, but I don't want an iPhone or an AT&T branded device. In my area VoLTE is a must because there are some areas to my west without any fallback to 4G for voice. It is VoLTE or nothing.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uecker87 View Post
    Please do report back. I have been interested in possibly switching to AT&T, but I don't want an iPhone or an AT&T branded device. In my area VoLTE is a must because there are some areas to my west without any fallback to 4G for voice. It is VoLTE or nothing.
    You're probably SOL in that case. I wouldn't hold my breath on the Pixel 2, AT&T is still not focused on Android, they are iPhone, iPhone, iPhone. Maybe the HTC U11? I believe they are enabling VoLTE on that. Where are you located?

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If T-Mobile works in your area try them or Metro PCS. Everything will work: WiFi Calling, VoLTE etc.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    You're probably SOL in that case. I wouldn't hold my breath on the Pixel 2, AT&T is still not focused on Android, they are iPhone, iPhone, iPhone. Maybe the HTC U11? I believe they are enabling VoLTE on that. Where are you located?
    Southern Wisconsin. About 20 miles north west of Madison in what has been one of AT&T's biggest coverage gaps east of the Mississippi River. They have started to fill in where I live with LTE and HSPA, but if I go even 5 miles west there it is LTE only where AT&T is leasing their L700 licenses to a little local operator named Bug Tussel Wireless.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    If T-Mobile works in your area try them or Metro PCS. Everything will work: WiFi Calling, VoLTE etc.
    Yeah - T-Mobile is awful in my area (southern Wisconsin). They won't have the spectrum to compete in our area until they start lighting up their 20x20 chunk of B71.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Southern Wisconsin. About 20 miles north west of Madison in what has been one of AT&T's biggest coverage gaps east of the Mississippi River. They have started to fill in where I live with LTE and HSPA, but if I go even 5 miles west there it is LTE only where AT&T is leasing their L700 licenses to a little local operator named Bug Tussel Wireless.
    Interesting. I guess their map is out of date, it only shows 3rd party 3G, not 4G or LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Northern Wisconsin on HWY 13 is pretty awful as well. ;-)

B2+B66+B30+B5 (20 MHz + 10 MHz + 10 MHz + 5 MHz)
    Minneapolis, MN

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Interesting. I guess their map is out of date, it only shows 3rd party 3G, not 4G or LTE.
    Yeah it is. I don't think they have updated their maps in like 6 months.

I mapped some new LTE coverage on Sensorly around where I live.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So maybe VoLTE on the Pixel 2 is coming in Android 8.1?

See this article: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...te/?comments=1

In the article there is a portion that says the following:
    I'll go out on a limb and say that while Voice over LTE (VoLTE) on AT&T did not work on the Pixel 2 on Android 8.0, it should now it will work on 8.1. In the vendor image, I see an MBN configuration file has moved from ".../ATT/Non_VoLTE" to ".../ATT/VoLTE."

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935A), GNote 4 (SM-N910A), OnePlus One (US Edition)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Current), VZW (2014), Boost Mobile (2010)
    Feedback Score

Just shared this on a recent Reddit post as well! Sounds like great news to me!

So.....basically, what this means is that, just like I thought, it's not only AT&T restricting IMS provisioning based on IMEI on the account, but the handset must have the proper modem and IMS configuration as well. Which is great news, because we at least have the handset end in this dev preview. Wonder if T will whitelist IMEIs for IMS provisioning for the Pixel 2/2XL?

Either way, this is promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    CSD was rarely used, and was before they started referring to cell phone technology in G's. This G stuff really started with 3G coverage and its because the 2nd iPhone was called the iPhone 3G. That's where cell phone tech got the G's from. The G stands for Gigs and the number is the number of Gigs the signal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Oh boy....
    Quote Originally Posted by AttData View Post
    My thoughts exactly...

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Interesting, but I'm still very skeptical based on AT&T's previous behavior with VoLTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah - T-Mobile is awful in my area (southern Wisconsin). They won't have the spectrum to compete in our area until they start lighting up their 20x20 chunk of B71.
    T-Mobile now has a reciprocal VoLTE roaming agreement with US Cellular in Wisconsin AFAIK. This is a recent change. Not sure how far south it goes though?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...ve_map_update/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast