Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: new netgear hotspot router being released 10.27.17

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    on 5 acres in the woods
    Posts
    109
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    0

    new netgear hotspot router being released 10.27.17

    http://about.att.com/story/5g_mobile...ot_router.html

    I have unite pro that is getting old. I just got a unite explore to replace the pro. Apparently after reading the netgear forums, the explore cannot tether to my MacBook pro so it's being returned.

    I'm going to try this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,568
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks awesome. Liking that ethernet jack right on it. Glad I canceled my pending Amazon order for the router/cradle.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,007
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yea i just got my explore like 2 months ago..is this the upgrade of the explore? the explore has TONS of issues...wonder if the $50 price is for new users or and customer can get it for $50

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    430
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    yea i just got my explore like 2 months ago..is this the upgrade of the explore? the explore has TONS of issues...wonder if the $50 price is for new users or and customer can get it for $50
    I haven't had a single issue with my unite explore. I have it tethered to a surf soho. It gets better signal than my WHPI does with the same antenna and slightly better speeds (still no CA for me and best speeds are when I connect to the 4G tower instead of the LTE).

    I'm still upgrading to this. Gonna check the AT&T store after work to see if they have any early like the guy on reddit got.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    on 5 acres in the woods
    Posts
    109
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    I haven't had a single issue with my unite explore. I have it tethered to a surf soho. It gets better signal than my WHPI does with the same antenna and slightly better speeds (still no CA for me and best speeds are when I connect to the 4G tower instead of the LTE).

    I'm still upgrading to this. Gonna check the AT&T store after work to see if they have any early like the guy on reddit got.
    I was so hoping the explore would work in my home configuration. I'm deeply invested in an Apple eco system. 2 macbook pros, 2 airport extremes, 1 airport express, 3 apple tvs and various iphones and ipad pros.

    I was disappointed the explore would not usb tether to my macbook pro. After hours of trying to figure it out, I discovered on the netgear forums that mac os isn't supported.

    Using the airport express i can join the unite pro and then ethernet the express to airport extreme and create another network. Yes it does work and has its disconnecting hiccups sometimes. I can also do this with the explore but the speeds were the same so i can't see spending money on it if it doesn't increase my speeds.

    I'll wait a few days/weeks to see how it works for y'all before I decide to get one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    430
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not upgrading now... the damn thing is $89 WITH a two year agreement PLUS $45 activation. I'll just pay up front and swap SIMs after the reviews come out. Besides, it won't be any better for me than my explore or WHPI since I'm in such a crappy location.

    Edit: I lied. Discount is at checkout and placed the order...shouldn't have though since I won't get any of the benefits this unit has to offer.

    Feel like a freaking idiot. I just paid $45 activation for my Explore last week and now replacing that with another $45 activation...
    Last edited by MadSquabbles; 10-27-2017 at 08:42 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm thinking of trying it out...if it's good then I'll sell my unite explore+docking cradle+mimo antenna.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just ordered one online! Looking forward to trying this out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is there an option to buy outright?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    430
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan31 View Post
    Is there an option to buy outright?
    Yes, when you add it to cart you can make the choice. Or buy at a store.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    Yes, when you add it to cart you can make the choice. Or buy at a store.
    Can you but it without providing account info? I have an iPad unlimited plan but don't wanna provide info.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    492
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hopefully one of you early adaptors will post your experience with the nighhawk vs the unite explore. We average around 20Mb/sec downloads with the UE in a cradle, I'm curious to see if there is much of a difference.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    377
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    Hopefully one of you early adaptors will post your experience with the nighhawk vs the unite explore. We average around 20Mb/sec downloads with the UE in a cradle, I'm curious to see if there is much of a difference.
    Depends on your area.

    If you area has ca enabled or just straight band 17.

    At my house we just have 10mhz of band 17. No ca.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    71
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    Hopefully one of you early adaptors will post your experience with the nighhawk vs the unite explore. We average around 20Mb/sec downloads with the UE in a cradle, I'm curious to see if there is much of a difference.
    Mine has done really really well. I never had any issues with my Unite Explore besides never getting USB tethering to work but that is probably on me. Ethernet built into the nighthawk was worth it alone for me. Speeds are consistently higher, zero buffering that I can think of and haven't had the same issues I did with my Unite Explore where it would "hang" when multiple streams were going at once. The true test will be tonight. Going to a friends for Halloween and he has more Alexa devices and other connected plugs and what not in his house than a Amazon warehouse. I read somewhere the Nighthawk is hardwired to only except 20-25 ip addresses. I don't know if that only means directly or through the ethernet port but tonight we will find out. If I had to guess it will be somewhere north of 50 ip addresses in his house. We will also be testing 4k streaming as I do not have 4k at my house.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,007
    Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    Not upgrading now... the damn thing is $89 WITH a two year agreement PLUS $45 activation. I'll just pay up front and swap SIMs after the reviews come out. Besides, it won't be any better for me than my explore or WHPI since I'm in such a crappy location.

    Edit: I lied. Discount is at checkout and placed the order...shouldn't have though since I won't get any of the benefits this unit has to offer.

    Feel like a freaking idiot. I just paid $45 activation for my Explore last week and now replacing that with another $45 activation...
    $45 activation fee is one time only..which is dumb on a 2 year plan, tho i got my mobley for free and a $45 activation but sold the mobley for $200 so that made up for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 09:26 AM
  2. According to Sprint the, i930 will officially be released 10/06...
    By ElementalV0 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 12:27 PM
  4. Web site of what new Telus phones are being released
    By HighTech in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
  5. New PPC Phone Edition Being Released in China
    By Marscity9 in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 10:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks