Thread: AT&T Network Extender

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

AT&T Network Extender

A friend of mine that lives up in the Pacific NW is pretty much in a dead zone at home with his AT&T Prepaid service, and was asking me about options. I told him about the Network Extenders that carriers have, but wasn't sure if the AT&T one will also work with the prepaid service. Has anyone used an AT&T Extender with the Prepaid?
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    I think you have to have someone
    With a post paid account in order for the network extender to work.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The area where the MicroCell device will be used must be in a location showing native service on the AT&T Coverage Map even if there is no actual coverage. The device will not be activated at a location with no AT&T Mobility licensed service.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    A friend of mine that lives up in the Pacific NW is pretty much in a dead zone at home with his AT&T Prepaid service, and was asking me about options. I told him about the Network Extenders that carriers have, but wasn't sure if the AT&T one will also work with the prepaid service. Has anyone used an AT&T Extender with the Prepaid?
    It looks like AT&T has a combination of roaming and native coverage in the pacific northwest. I would recomend switching to an AT&T Postpaid plan to be able to use roaming and a network extender.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ and Ipad Mini 4 + Iphone SE + Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked on Oreo
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile by Comcast-VZW, T-mobile :{ , Cricket :[ , Verizon Prepaid, Metro Pcs, US MOBILE
    Feedback Score

AT&T Network Extender

Does the att prepaid include hotspot?
    "Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"
    Metro PCS $60
    Unlimited 4G LTE
    Unlimited T & Txt
    VOLTE
    Wifi Hotspot
    35 GB of LTE
    Wifi Calling

US MOBILE - SUPER LTE (VZW) $61Unlimited inet,t,txt, HS, wifi calling coming soon
    "Service has been amazing and easy to setup, it runs on native vzw"
    AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 - Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, X-Mobile 6/17 - 12/17 - US Mobile 12/17 & M.PCS 12/17 - Pres.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    My friend at stopped at an AT&T Corp store, and they told him the only way to use their MicroCell extender is to be on the PostPaid plan.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you get a postpaid customer to add you as an authorized user on a 3G MicroCell, a telephone number of the post paid customer must be the primary user of the 3G MicroCell. That telephone number cannot be unauthorized unless replaced by another telephone number of that postpaid customer. Changing the primary number requires deactivation and reactivation of the device.
    Last edited by efparri; 12-04-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecsohc View Post
    Does the att prepaid include hotspot?
    Yes. Using it for the last 6 months. Pretty decent.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Can someone recommend a third-party signal booster? I have AT&T pre-paid and am actually considering moving to Verizon--which I don't want to do for several reasons but mainly because our iphone 5S won't work on Verizon. (Our other 3 Nexus devices will). Despite the coverage map finally showing full coverage at our house (for years, we were in a tiny spot that had minimal coverage), the signal has decreased to the point where we have no reception--even at a window (we have a metal roof so I know that affects signal penetration). I haven't contacted AT&T; I will but have little faith anything will change.
    Because of the cost difference of moving to Verizon prepaid, I would consider $200. for a booster to be a great deal. I don't need data as we have Comcast BLAST which works for our needs. Even if the prepaid gets wifi calling (I can use Google voice/Hangout but not with my number), I'm not sure it would be available to our current phones.
    Any ideas for a 3rd party signal booster not over $200. to improve call reception at my home?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    Can someone recommend a third-party signal booster? I have AT&T pre-paid and am actually considering moving to Verizon--which I don't want to do for several reasons but mainly because our iphone 5S won't work on Verizon. (Our other 3 Nexus devices will). Despite the coverage map finally showing full coverage at our house (for years, we were in a tiny spot that had minimal coverage), the signal has decreased to the point where we have no reception--even at a window (we have a metal roof so I know that affects signal penetration). I haven't contacted AT&T; I will but have little faith anything will change. Because of the cost difference of moving to Verizon prepaid, I would consider $200. for a booster to be a great deal. I don't need data as we have Comcast BLAST which works for our needs. Even if the prepaid gets wifi calling (I can use Google voice/Hangout but not with my number), I'm not sure it would be available to our current phones. Any ideas for a 3rd party signal booster not over $200. to improve call reception at my home?
    try here - https://www.weboost.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Soon at&t prepaid will have wifi calling

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Thanks, I had looked at these but found them very pricey. However, I looked again and found one 3g one for 1500 sq ft area for $215.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Soon at&t prepaid will have wifi calling

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    That seems to be forum chatter. I agree it will be offered eventually which is almost as relative a time frame as soon. Will it be available for BYOD's?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    i have a 3g microcell bought years ago. it used to work on legacy aio/cricket numbers and then in 2016 they stopped. so i ported to att gophone/prepaid and now all prepaid phones can get registered on the microcell again. its only 3g but was free so its handy for voice calls.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam