Thread: iPhone X compatible with Boost

Feedback Score

iPhone X compatible with Boost

BYOD (Verizon, unlocked) iPhone X are now able to be used on Boost Mobile. Not sure about Sprint models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    BYOD (Verizon, unlocked) iPhone X are now able to be used on Boost Mobile. Not sure about Sprint models.
    That is one expensive phone to use on prepaid. iPhone X is consumerism at its worst.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    That is one expensive phone to use on prepaid. iPhone X is consumerism at its worst.
    That is an understatement
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    It's an expensive phone to begin with. If I was going to buy a $1000+ phone, I would rather buy it outright and use it on a prepaid plan than finance it over a long period of time on an expensive postpaid plan.

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    It's an expensive phone to begin with. If I was going to buy a $1000+ phone, I would rather buy it outright and use it on a prepaid plan than finance it over a long period of time on an expensive postpaid plan.
    Likewise. I don't understand why anyone would think it's "an expensive phone to use on prepaid". Like huh? Because it's an expensive phone I'm supposed to use it on a pointlessly more expensive plan?

Anyway that's really cool Sprint's letting you bring your own phones now! I never thought I'd see that.

Honestly I might try an iPhone X on Boost if I could actually buy one unlocked. (And assuming Boost allows VPN support, which I need for work.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post

Honestly I might try an iPhone X on Boost if I could actually buy one unlocked. (And assuming Boost allows VPN support, which I need for work.)
    Well $1k for a phone is BEYOND obsurd to begin with .. I have NEVER paid over $100 for any smartphone or non smartphone for that matter ... prepaid or postpaid is irrelevant imo !
    Considering i use the phone for calls and texting ONLY ... i rarely use my phone to browse the web, im not on social media of any kind. My 1st smartphone was the 4S and got it Jan of 2012 and after it locked me out of all my apps and mail and safari due to its limited iOS of 7.0 due to its hardware .. i finally got a 5C which i paid $80 on eBay .. which is what im using now. This one has iOS 10.3 the latest and it works great ... all apps work, my mail works im happy .. and ill probably have this one for another 6 yrs if it holds up hardware & software wise :-)
    And this one does have a VPN .. not sure why boost has any affect of using a VPN, i have another 5C on Boost with active VPN :-)

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well I THINK some carriers block VPNs, which I'd be especially worried about considering it's their "budget" carrier. Hopefully not the case but I do need it daily for work :-/

And LOVE that the iPhone just has built in IPSEC VPN support that's lacking from Windows and Android.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    And assuming Boost allows VPN support, which I need for work.)
    http://ppl.ug/ExxYrLGujCQ/

VPN with boost :-)

Device(s)
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Sweet! Thanks!

I guess other than having 2GB less for the hotspot, Boost is $10 less than Virgin, so yay.

Feedback Score
    I use a 256 GB iPhone X on an AT&T prepaid plan. I'm a huge iPhone fan and usually like having the newest model, and I sell my old phones before the new ones come out so I only take $200-300 hits on depreciation.

Also, Sprint iPhone X are compatible with Boost as well, just activated one the other day.
    Last edited by SMFD21; 11-18-2017 at 05:32 PM.