Thread: iPhone bill credit

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

iPhone bill credit

I was informed by ATT loyalty dept that people who are receiving iPhone bill credits from last year are going to continue receiving them even if they paid their device off and upgraded to iPhone X

has anyone else been told this?

I was always under the impression that if you paid you device off early you would no longer get the credits. The rep I spoke to brought it up I didn't even ask about it and she said it was just approved a day or so ago.

the day before iPhone X pre sales i paid the remaining $300 I owed on my iphone 7 and she said I will continue getting my monthly bill credits until they reach that amount.

If this is true that means my 256 iPhone X is costing me just $850

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Issuance of the credits should be independent of how much you owe on the telephone. A corollary would be a cash back deal that the manufacturer might give you when you purchase a new car. It should not matter whether you finance the car or pay cash for it.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well i think the idea of tying the bill credits to not paying the device off is to keep you as a customer as long as possible.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you had no bill, there would be nothing to which to apply the credit. So getting the credit is a wash. You would save the entire value of the bill if you had no bill.

Feedback Score
    There is a monthly bill and a balance for the iPhone for past free iPhone promotions. I have 3 iPhones which are free after monthly credit but all 3 are subject to ETF’s.

Don’t know anything about a trade in promotion with continued credits.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    oh i paid my iphone 7 off i decided to keep it
    what I was told is that if you moved into a new next installment plan with iPhone X you'd continue to get the credits from your previous device

in reality that is how it should be. you should not be penalized for paying your device off early

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i can confirm this

my bill credit of $21.67 was applied on my account as per usual

and that goes for the next 13 months. I'm pleased with how they did this. i am especially happy because I was given a $250 trade in credit for my iphone 6 last year plus iPhone 7 credits

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazMonster View Post
    i can confirm this

and that goes for the next 13 months. I'm pleased with how they did this. i am especially happy because I was given a $250 trade in credit for my iphone 6 last year plus iPhone 7 credits
    Does your most recent bill show the first payment for the iPhone X? I agree that it makes sense to do it this way since they still have you as a customer, but that isn't what many people have been told. I ended up trading in (and up) to the iPhone X, so I'll be able to confirm come my new billing cycle on 12/2.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazMonster View Post
    i can confirm this

Are your credits still showing up?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbch View Post
    Are your credits still showing up?
    Yes they are. I didn't even know this post existed and was very surprised to still see credits on my bill for the last two months..I did the same...paid off my 6s plus then switched to the iPhone X and was bummed because I thought I would lose the credits. So I was surprised to see them on my bill. So essentially I'm paying like $9 a month for my X since my credits are a little over $20 a month.