Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's the second time this week I've seen a reference to Verizon having dual 20x20 MHz AWS-1 carriers deployed. Did Verizon double its Band 4 holdings without any of us hearing about it?? I thought they could only ever deploy a single 20x20 Band 4 carrier in a given market, tops.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    That's the second time this week I've seen a reference to Verizon having dual 20x20 MHz AWS-1 carriers deployed. Did Verizon double its Band 4 holdings without any of us hearing about it?? I thought they could only ever deploy a single 20x20 Band 4 carrier in a given market, tops.
    Just depends on the market. According to Spectrum Omega, I've got 2 20x20s in my market.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    The other reference was yourself and I had corrected you because you were comparing two different market types (CMA and BMA) which is just a different way of the license being split geographically. There is not one market where Verizon owns 80 MHz of AWS-1.

Verizon’s Gigabit strategy has been proven time and time again to be 1 20 MHz B4 carrier + 3 LAA channels. The author of the article either misread the menu or Verizon was just showing proof of concept.

Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Just depends on the market. According to Spectrum Omega, I've got 2 20x20s in my market.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app
    AWS-1 and PCS I would assume.

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    The other reference was yourself and I had corrected you because you were comparing two different market types (CMA and BMA) which is just a different way of the license being split geographically. There is not one market where Verizon owns 80 MHz of AWS-1.
    Ah. I misunderstood this reply when I first read it:

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I think that this is one of the limitations of Google Maps... you’re comparing CMA to BMA.

For example, here are T-Mobile’s spectrum holdings for your area.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So after speaking with the Spectrum Omega developer, he set me straight on CMA vs BEA, et. al. Keep in mind that the map still can't accurately tell you what actual spectrum a carrier has, because its data does not take into account certain geographic or frequency spectrum swaps/splits.

However, CMA, BEA, etc. only defines the shape of the geographic area. You'll notice that all CMA designated blocks share the same geographic boundaries. But when you flip over to BEA, those blocks all have the same shaped boundaries with one another. Sometimes it's a county, other times it's something else. Some of the areas cover more than one state.

If your city appears to have certain blocks on a given carrier, then it really does have them (again, subject to spectrum sharing/splitting that we can't see on the map). But simply seeing one block marked CMA and one marked BEA does not necessarily mean you don't have them both.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone use voice anymore? The millenials don’t know how to talk but they can text 100WPM.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Does anyone use voice anymore? The millenials don’t know how to talk but they can text 100WPM.
    Ha! I do. VoLTE is great. I'm not sure how much of a rip I give about CD quality voice, though.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Milennials and hipsters, yeesh lol Go Gen X! We're aka the bridge between the analog past and the digital future

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Milennials and hipsters, yeesh lol Go Gen X! We're aka the bridge between the analog past and the digital future
    I am on the older end of Gen X, and my voice usage has gone from roughly 1000 minutes a month about 15 years ago, to typically less than 10. Most of my usage is data. There are much better ways to communicate for most purposes now.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I am on the older end of Gen X, and my voice usage has gone from roughly 1000 minutes a month about 15 years ago, to typically less than 10. Most of my usage is data. There are much better ways to communicate for most purposes now.
    46 here. I'm the same way, but I've never been a huge phone talker, beyond my high school years (86-90) anyway lol

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    46 here. I'm the same way, but I've never been a huge phone talker, beyond my high school years (86-90) anyway lol
    39 and I get straight up annoyed when people call me. I'm almost never the guy *placing* calls.

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Call me. Don't text.
    You need to send 20 texts to clarify something that would have taken 20 seconds on a call.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    28, huge talker. Call the landline haha

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That’s great news to hear that EVS is live with Verizon. I know when I was trialing t-mobile I could tell the difference between Verizon HD voice and T-Mobile EVS. I have really bad hearing so at least to me it makes a huge difference.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)

I'm 23, I like to talk on the phone or prefer to text all depending on my mood or who it is. I've used around 1,900 minutes in a month several times before. I used to hate talking on the cell before HD voice, and preferred the landline then.

And I figured Verizon must've launched EVS by now but of course they don't mention it like T-Mobile does along with every other little thing they do.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast