Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 200

Thread: Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,100
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Are you using At&t version?
    Yes sir.........

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,100
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Is the device ID G973U ?
    This what I found about SM G973U:
    https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ledFromFrame=Y
    Especially this about CBRS (B48):
    https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicat...tml?id=4166403
    And Exposure values (that include B48):
    https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicat...tml?id=4166404
    SM G973
    Attachment 161951

    PS: Pixel 3 is also supposed to get CBRS (B48) via a software update: https://fccid.io/A4RG013A/Letter/FCC...letter-4073464
    Yep. The S10/973U. It definitely supports it but AT&T has a history of not enabling it until they're ready to start deploying it. Just like they did with B46 and 66. It also supports 6 and 7CA

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    342
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Yep. The S10/973U. It definitely supports it but AT&T has a history of not enabling it until they're ready to start deploying it. Just like they did with B46 and 66. It also supports 6 and 7CA
    Yea i research on FCC about the phone and it does support B48 but I believe carriers will use this band as midrange 5G but that might be next year.. They can be use along with B46 both unlicensed.. But I am more intrigue how would AT&T change their system now that they announced to shutdown 3G for 5G coverage lots of people will get disconnected if they dont allow Unlocked devices to have VoLTE.. AT&T says they're currently updating their towers for RCS universal and maybe VoLTE for all =).

    I just checked my updated S10+ and no Band 48 yet. I wanna try if tmobile enables it. S10 supports up to 8CA but that depends if the carrier supports those 8CA LTE bands. So far I am only getting 5CA on my S10+

    My Note 9 hasn't updated to Pie yet and I highly believe Verizon will activate wifi calling on pie update and we'll see if LTE Bands change as well.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,100
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Yea i research on FCC about the phone and it does support B48 but I believe carriers will use this band as midrange 5G but that might be next year.. They can be use along with B46 both unlicensed.. But I am more intrigue how would AT&T change their system now that they announced to shutdown 3G for 5G coverage lots of people will get disconnected if they dont allow Unlocked devices to have VoLTE.. AT&T says they're currently updating their towers for RCS universal and maybe VoLTE for all =).

    I just checked my updated S10+ and no Band 48 yet. I wanna try if tmobile enables it. S10 supports up to 8CA but that depends if the carrier supports those 8CA LTE bands. So far I am only getting 5CA on my S10+

    My Note 9 hasn't updated to Pie yet and I highly believe Verizon will activate wifi calling on pie update and we'll see if LTE Bands change as well.
    I hope they start allowing VoLTE and Wifi calling on all capable devices soon!

    You'll only see 5CA on the S10 unless you find an area where they have LAA deployed or when/if CBRS is deployed. I think they'll start using it for LTE, or possibly both but we'll see. Where did you see the S10's do 8CA? I've only found SCC 6 in the combo charts which is 7x CA. The S10 does support 66+2+46+46+46+46.

    Name:  20190309_200231.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  57.6 KB

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    342
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I hope they start allowing VoLTE and Wifi calling on all capable devices soon!

    You'll only see 5CA on the S10 unless you find an area where they have LAA deployed or when/if CBRS is deployed. I think they'll start using it for LTE, or possibly both but we'll see. Where did you see the S10's do 8CA? I've only found SCC 6 in the combo charts which is 7x CA. The S10 does support 66+2+46+46+46+46.

    Name:  20190309_200231.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  57.6 KB
    Yea my bad i triple check it is only 7CA. And S10 isnt 5G ready right? And only the S10 5G version gets the 5G antennas.. we did not see the fold snd 5G version at the launch because some report say due to government shutdown the FCC hasnt certify those yet or else we would be able to try those devices at the event.

    I keep tracking on At&t if they are currently certifying unlocked phones for atleast volte.. verizon decided the need to certify wifi calling on their network maybe coz after the cdma shutdown customers might have issues with coverage inside building.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    My Note 9 hasn't updated to Pie yet and I highly believe Verizon will activate wifi calling on pie update and we'll see if LTE Bands change as well.
    My S9 unlocked got the Pie, but no WiFi calling on my provider (Tracfone/TotalWireless on Verizon). I had VoLTE since my previous S7 Edge with them.

    PS: Maybe a mod can split this thread?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,100
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skyethur View Post
    Yea my bad i triple check it is only 7CA. And S10 isnt 5G ready right? And only the S10 5G version gets the 5G antennas.. we did not see the fold snd 5G version at the launch because some report say due to government shutdown the FCC hasnt certify those yet or else we would be able to try those devices at the event.

    I keep tracking on At&t if they are currently certifying unlocked phones for atleast volte.. verizon decided the need to certify wifi calling on their network maybe coz after the cdma shutdown customers might have issues with coverage inside building.
    Correct no 5G. The snapdragon 855 is the same baseband but the 5G models will require addition components for 5G-NR.

    The folding Samsung does look neat for sure. Gotta be a nice price too.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    342
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, S9+, Motorola E5 Spra
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    i posted a new thread about S10 and its features you guys let's continue talking there.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...1#post17061531

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    682
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh my god why are you people incapable of staying on topic? EVS! Can we get a mod to clean this crap up?
    Last edited by DebiLee; 03-11-2019 at 06:22 AM.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,100
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Oh my god why are you people incapable of staying on topic? EVS! Can we get a mod to clean this crap up?
    And a new thread was started and carried on there so this comment was nonproductive.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    682
    Feedback Score
    0
    It was not intended to be productive. It was intended to be an indication of annoyance and frustration.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,068
    Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I noticed that EVS is now SWB 13.2Kbps. Confirmed with service mode on my S10+ to Verizon users. Does T-Mobile or AT&T use the same bitrate for EVS? I'm so glad they support that now, wonder how long before they increase the bitrate.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,784
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    I noticed that EVS is now SWB 13.2Kbps. Confirmed with service mode on my S10+ to Verizon users. Does T-Mobile or AT&T use the same bitrate for EVS? I'm so glad they support that now, wonder how long before they increase the bitrate.
    AT&T does not support EVS.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AT&T: 2008, 2012-2014, 2016-Present
    T-Mobile: 2011-2012, 2015, 2017-2019
    Verizon: 2010 via Straight Talk for 2 months, 2018
    Sprint: Couldn't pay me to use them

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,100
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    EVS is active here. Funny that WB 12.65 sounds better than 13.2. Didn't sound bad but kinda tinny.

    Name:  Resized_Screenshot_20190826-132221_Service_mode_RIL.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  47.3 KB

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Posts
    845
    Device(s)
    Note2(RIP)Note 9,S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Airtouch Cellular), AT&T(LA Cellular)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Had a call with my wife today. It sounded pretty damn good on speaker phone.
    IN an electronic coma.
    [

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile US Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) Devices
    By buckspaul in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 04:06 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2016, 05:50 PM
  3. Enhanced Voice Services
    By Steve B in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2016, 10:09 AM
  4. Enhance Voice Services
    By Shakezula84 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2016, 10:46 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks