Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Great post. Why does it matter on T-Mobile but not any other carrier? You can use an iPhone 5S and have a good experience on AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint.
    Not sure about Sprint but AT&T and Verizon have maintained their low-band 2G or 3G footprint as a fall-back. An iPhone 3GS has pretty much the same coverage on AT&T as it ever did because they kept UMTS-850 running. I have an old Motorola flip phone on PagePlus and it gets good voice and text service because Verizon maintained at least that much CDMA on low-band. T-Mobile has been piecing together a network without consistent low-band holdings. Also, their network design philosophy is at odds with long-range.

P.S. Yesterday I was with my sister in an area where she claims her iPhone on Verizon has poor service. She had one bar. My old Motorola flip phone on PagePlus had 4 bars. Go figure.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Noticed a new app that gives more info on byod and stuff. Hopefully they'll tweak it over time to give more information.

Will have to test it out

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    You might as well say that unless you have an engineering test receiver with a 50' antenna, you shouldn't say anything about coverage. The fact is that T-Mobile sells a lot of different phones and their coverage map does not indicate that it only applies to the top 10% of the phones they sell. In fact, until recently, you had a drop down to pick the phone you were using and picking a cheap Samsung produced exactly the same map as picking an expensive one. The only difference in the maps was with and without band-12. So, if T-Mobile provides a map when you select a specific model phone, shouldn't that map be accurate for that model phone?
    I've had this argument with T-Mobile more than once... and their maps were still inaccurate. Even if it was a device sporting band 12 - unless it was 'their' branded device, they were 'sorry about your luck'. Their maps have also gone from being default of 'select your device to see your coverage - band 12 or not' to assuming all devices on T-Mobile have band 12, and now 'see if your area benefits from band 71. I personally find it a bit dishonest of T-Mobile promoting their coverage maps this way. Even though I don't use Sprint, I find that at least they have the different maps for coverage based on features (bands). I agree with your statement that T-Mobile's coverage maps should be accurate for devices that they sell.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    You might as well say that unless you have an engineering test receiver with a 50' antenna, you shouldn't say anything about coverage. The fact is that T-Mobile sells a lot of different phones and their coverage map does not indicate that it only applies to the top 10% of the phones they sell. In fact, until recently, you had a drop down to pick the phone you were using and picking a cheap Samsung produced exactly the same map as picking an expensive one. The only difference in the maps was with and without band-12. So, if T-Mobile provides a map when you select a specific model phone, shouldn't that map be accurate for that model phone?
    My opinion is if they got a out of date phone that is missing the bands that T-Mobile is using then their post isn't as accurate as that map they are criticizing. Nothing use to tick me off more than that guy a year ago with a old Verizon Droid phone that started dozens of threads here criticizing T-Mobile when his Moto Droid only had Band 4 that was used by T-Mobile. He could have got a better phone on MetroPCS for free than what he was using.

I want to know what phones people are using or their test results to see if it is valid or it is a waste of time reading their post. I have sat right next to a friend with a iPhone 6 or 7 that was on T-Mobile more than once when that iPhone couldn't get data when I could pull up that same data for them in seconds with my outdated 2015 LG G4 that is even missing some Bands T-Mobile in my area.

Is it too much to ask for someone to put their Cell phone in their Device profile or in the post giving signal reports so I can judge how accurate their report is?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post

Is it too much to ask for someone to put their Cell phone in their Device profile or in the post giving signal reports so I can judge how accurate their report is?
    I️ don’t remember T-mobile electing or appointing you judge. Gtfo of here with that

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger32 View Post
    I️ don’t remember T-mobile electing or appointing you judge. Gtfo of here with that
    Really then why are you judging me or telling me what I can say or what to think? All I am asking for is people post what phone they are doing their test on. Then I can judge if their reports are accurate. BTW since your profiles say AT&T and Verizon who are you to tell me to Gtfo when I have T-Mobile?

T-Mobile announced that LTE Advanced, the next generation of LTE, has expanded to more than 920 markets, with a combination of three speed-boosting technologies – carrier aggregation, 4X4 MIMO and 256 QAM – now live in 430 of those markets. 4x4 MIMO with four antennas do improve reception.

I sure don't think T-Mobile is using cell phones that are missing T-Mobile bands or a phone known to have weak reception or missing 4x4 MIMO when they are testing their network to make these maps.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 11-10-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I assume Shilohcane really is a judge also. I have a magenta certificate of of my appointment to a judgeship in T-Mobile Court from John Legere. After I received it, he invited me and the rest of the judges over for some stew.

There, Legere swore us into office. And yes, as you might imagine, when he swears someone into office, he really DOES swear. He showed us the ropes, and we were all relieved that we didn't have to wear magenta judge wigs are part of our official duties. Whew!

So far, we have been busy in cases involving issuing LTE speeding tickets.

So, yeah, Kneedragger, from now on you need to call Shilohcane "Your Honor".

Name:  johnlegereslowcooker.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  136.9 KB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I assume Shilohcane really is a judge also. I have a magenta certificate of of my appointment to a judgeship in T-Mobile Court from John Legere. After I received it, he invited me and the rest of the judges over for some stew.

There, Legere swore us into office. And yes, as you might imagine, when he swears someone into office, he really DOES swear. He showed us the ropes, and we were all relieved that we didn't have to wear magenta judge wigs are part of our official duties. Whew!

So far, we have been busy in cases involving issuing LTE speeding tickets.

So, yeah, Kneedragger, from now on you need to call Shilohcane "Your Honor".

Name:  johnlegereslowcooker.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  136.9 KB
    FTFYT. Have a beautiful day deciding over whether or not other people's experiences are valid or not

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't know what FTFYT means, but it is part for the course with me being older than 19 and all.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    FTFYT. Have a beautiful day deciding over whether or not other people's experiences are valid or not
    After a while you figure out who actually offers insightful opinion here and who is basically a TMobile paid shill, ironically enough they likely dont even get paid, so they are terrible at their job. Me personally, if I'm going to shill for a company they better be sending me a check. You get the same in other carrier forums but their shills are generally less argumentive as they are here. For some reason the cricket forum and the TMobile forum have this issue mainly. Oh well

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    After a while you figure out who actually offers insightful opinion here and who is basically a TMobile paid shill, ironically enough they likely dont even get paid, so they are terrible at their job. Me personally, if I'm going to shill for a company they better be sending me a check. You get the same in other carrier forums but their shills are generally less argumentive as they are here. For some reason the cricket forum and the TMobile forum have this issue mainly. Oh well
    I have lines with t-mo, att and Verizon, I can't imagine proselytizing for any of them. I don't get the denigration of other users experiences when they don't align with their own perceptions or the hubris involved to set one's self up to "judge" the validation of someone else's expierence. The T-Mo forums are full of self congratulatory prophets, it's funny. It's a telecommunications company, chill.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Coverage maps seem exaggerated?

I don't know what FTFYT means, but it is part for the course with me being older than 19 and all.
    Ouch man you got me with that one. /s (that means sarcasm). Also, it's par for the course
    Last edited by kneedragger32; 11-11-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have lines with t-mo, att and Verizon, I can't imagine proselytizing for any of them. I don't get the denigration of other users experiences when they don't align with their own perceptions or the hubris involved to set one's self up to "judge" the validation of someone else's expierence. The T-Mo forums are full of self congratulatory prophets, it's funny. It's a telecommunications company, chill.
    I have a TMobile line, but interested in all the carriers really, have no issues with any of them so pop in on all carrier forums, see what each one is up to see what they have to offer. It's always good to keep your options open. It is amusing though how many people are so insecure of their own choices they feel the need to validate their choices on an online forum. I mean TMobile is great everywhere, I'm right guys, right? I mean am I right???? Lol it is funny.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ksych1 View Post
    I have a TMobile line, but interested in all the carriers really, have no issues with any of them so pop in on all carrier forums, see what each one is up to see what they have to offer. It's always good to keep your options open. It is amusing though how many people are so insecure of their own choices they feel the need to validate their choices on an online forum. I mean TMobile is great everywhere, I'm right guys, right? I mean am I right???? Lol it is funny.
    Very true, we use whichever works best in the location we'll be working in. My trucks have att and Verizon hotspots in them, my guys carry cspire cellphones and we keep a couple of t-Mo hotspots at the office for the one or two places they travel where the other three don't work or have data issues. Where we work and play sprint is the least built out (roams on cspire) followed by t-Mo. Where we play in New Mexico it's Verizon then t-Mo for best coverage. 1000 miles apart and totally different experience

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    When I was there using AT&T, it was terrible (like the experience of using Sprint everywhere else: no signal most of the time, or very slow in a few places). I wonder if Band 71 will fill this in more for T-Mobile.
    Verizon is king in SW Florida although AT&T worked well for me as well. Sprint is actually better than T-Mobile where I frequented.

B71 will help I’m sure, but when?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast