Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Mobile shutting down (T-Mobile)

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Harbor Mobile shutting down (T-Mobile)

Here's the notice I received today.

Attention account holder: nnnnnnnnnn

Hey there,

Firstly, the staff at Harbor Mobile would like to thank you for your business and loyalty, and for allowing us to provide your business with its critical communications. As a reseller, Harbor has enjoyed a strong and solid relationship with T-Mobile over the years. Like many good things in life, our resell agreement with T-Mobile is coming to an end on December 1st, 2017 and the time has come for our business clients to transition to bigger and better, with all transitions completed in 30 days by December 8th, 2017. We would like to therefore offer the following options to you:

Primary Option: Harbor has identified a preferred business solution which we believe our business clients will love. Teltik Communications, a T-Mobile business reseller, is offering a business PBX communication platform service allowing you to manage your mobile communications from just about anywhere. A special offer has been put together for Harbor clients and we have worked on a simple way to migrate your service. [NOTE: There will be NO interruption of service on your plans and Teltik will honor your existing rates.] Simply reply with the following:

1. Company name
    2. If a corporation, supply business tax ID (Inc, LLC etc)
    3. Additionally, you may send in any official documentation (provided by state or official entity) that verifies your business. i.e. certificate of incorporation, DBA form, business license, sales and use form etc.
    4. If you are self employed, a sole proprietor, contractor or similar in nature and do not have an EIN, respond with a document from an official entity stating the name of your business. This may include a business registration, DBA form, sales and use form, business license or business permit etc.
    5. Once we receive business documentation your Harbor lines will be transitioned over to Teltik Communications and you will also be receiving access to their FREE PBX platform solution.
    Additional Options:
    a) You can also sign up as a customer directly on Teltik’s platform at teltik.com, which includes business verification in the signup process, and receive access to their PBX solution, while transitioning over to their rates and keeping your line on the T-Mobile network.
    b) Alternatively, T-Mobile direct has been pumping out some amazing promotions in terms of monthly plans, Sync-drive for your fleets, hotspot devices for your office data backup or tablet plans for when you are on the move.
    b) (Although we believe that T-Mobile has the best service), you may port out to the carrier of your choice. We will support you through the process and there is no need to call T-Mobile directly.

Kindly respond with your choice at your earliest convenience. For any questions and to ensure the simple transition of your line(s) please get in touch 24 hours a day:
    Harbor Mobile: 888-701-8816 or [email protected]
    Teltik Communications: 888*-406-2838 or [email protected]

Sincerely yours,
    The Harbor Mobile team
    888-701-8816

Feedback Score
    Strange as I thought harbor shut a while ago. Also teltik and harbor are owned by the same people.

Feedback Score
    So what does the "special offer has been put together for Harbor clients" language mean? What's the offer and where can it be located?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Basically it means that either Harbor Mobile and Teltik are the same company or are at least sister companies and that they will just move all of your data over to the new company so they can avoid having to pay the large chunks of money that are probably owed to T-mobile and get out of debt by declaring bankruptcy. I'm not trying to be crass or anything, but it's why I avoided signing up with Teltik in the first place because it was my first option until I read about what happened to all of the Harbor Mobile customers (the website shut down but members continued to receive service as long as they paid their bills on time) and they're finally being booted off of HB's network and will be transplanted into Teltik's computers. As long as you keep your number with Google Voice and rely on these services there's no way you could lose your cell number and continue to get great rates...not to mention anyone can sign up for a sole proprietor's license just by applying for an EIN online and when the document comes in send it over to Teltik and that's proof enough for them. Is it illegal? Perhaps, but if the fake company doesn't make any money and you're paying for the service out of your own pocket and don't pay taxes on your business then it's kind of a toss. I belive that if Teltik were more serious about receiving proof that their customers were legitimate business owners and not just people sending in EINs they signed up for only to get cheap cell service then they might stand a better chance of being around longer, and I mean no disrespect to Teltik or any of the aforementioned companies. It's just business as usual.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Harbor Mobile fell afoul with AT&T(?). T-Mobile was never an issue.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Harbor Mobile fell afoul with AT&T(?). T-Mobile was never an issue.
    There was SOME kind of an issue, because no new customers were allowed to sign up!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    There was SOME kind of an issue, because no new customers were allowed to sign up!
    True. I had no issues with Harbor Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Per the email, their reseller contract is expiring. There's no indication they're going bankrupt or were booted by T-Mobile. Never signed up for the ATT offer, but my T-Mobile service has been worry-free from the day I signed up and if I choose the Teltik option, it will continue without any alterations to my plan.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Per the email, their reseller contract is expiring. There's no indication they're going bankrupt or were booted by T-Mobile. Never signed up for the ATT offer, but my T-Mobile service has been worry-free from the day I signed up and if I choose the Teltik option, it will continue without any alterations to my plan.
    Do you own a business?

Feedback Score
    Yeah no problems here on TelTik and Harbor was always smooth sailing. Glad they are making the transition smooth for HM customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Do you own a business?
    TelTik requirements for business verification are fairly lax, so just having an eBay/Amazon Store may be enough to make them happy unless they've made any recent changes.

Device(s)
    BM iPhone 5S (Carrier Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier(s)
    netTTALK, Harbor Mobile (T), Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream, Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score

Harbor Mobile shutting down (T-Mobile)

Hm plans were outdated and not that competitive other than the unlimited plan. Teltik is the way to go now.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The fact that T-Mobile doesn't want to renew HM's contract is essentially getting booted off the network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    The fact that T-Mobile doesn't want to renew HM's contract is essentially getting booted off the network.
    Doesn't seem like it since all the Harbor Mobile customers can just move their lines to TelTik without any changes to pricing or port their lines for mostly better pricing on TelTik.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicski View Post
    Hm plans were outdated and not that competitive other than the unlimited plan. Teltik is the way to go now.
    Well except for the 5GB LTE Tablet Plan. I'm keeping that! All the other plans are definitely cheaper, and they're also doing a $5/Month discount for three billing cycles.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedpotato View Post
    Doesn't seem like it since all the Harbor Mobile customers can just move their lines to TelTik without any changes to pricing or port their lines for mostly better pricing on TelTik.

Well except for the 5GB LTE Tablet Plan. I'm keeping that! All the other plans are definitely cheaper, and they're also doing a $5/Month discount for three billing cycles.
    I know it's not available for new users, but out of curiosity, how much are you paying for that 5GB LTE Tablet Plan, including taxes/fees? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I can't imagine why anyone would trust Teltik. I had Harbor for 3 months on AT&T. I got the email on a Friday at 13:00 telling me I had until Sunday midnight to port or risk losing my number. Since then my number has been with MetroPCS, Cricket, T-Mobile and AT&T. I don't believe any of these outfits are going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast