Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cricket suspended my 5 lines in the middle of my billing cycle.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. One of the friend on my line is now considering leaving. So I guess I better add some $$ to the account to cover whatever charge.
    Jmo, I sent my share partners two texts, about the new policy, if they wanted out, to do so before a certain date. In that I've decided not to let them leaving later mess up my 5 line discount. If they leave, I'll just keep their lines as spares, as that is what they were before I shared them anyway. Besides, where are they going to get a better deal, at least for the present time.

Feedback Score
    How can you keep their lines while they need port out to keep their numbers?

Just curious.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by william83 View Post
    How can you keep their lines while they need port out to keep their numbers?

Just curious.
    You can't, which is what I explained, ie do it now or your numbers are gone. On the other side, they did not port their numbers in. Unlike cricket I sent out my notices as soon as I saw the rumor on the forum, what three weeks ago, offering refunds for service. Really, there ain't no better deal. And should they have left, I'd have just moved on two lines to replace theirs, as those last two lines only cost $10/mth.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Same thing happened to me in mid-October. Upgraded one line to the Smart Plan mid billing cycle, paid the extra difference (like $8) and the next morning woke up and had no service. My account had been suspended and showed I owed about $48! I called and the Agent was very friendly and restored everything. It reset my billing cycle and that is why they wanted the extra $48. In the end it was not a big deal but I was POed that they suspended my line and extended my billing cycle!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Same thing happened to me in mid-October. Upgraded one line to the Smart Plan mid billing cycle, paid the extra difference (like $8) and the next morning woke up and had no service. My account had been suspended and showed I owed about $48! I called and the Agent was very friendly and restored everything. It reset my billing cycle and that is why they wanted the extra $48. In the end it was not a big deal but I was POed that they suspended my line and extended my billing cycle!
    Pro rated, right?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I'm not understanding why are they allowing the plan change and then the next day suspending the accounts until additional payment is made?
    Usually when you change your plan you're supposed to immediately pay the pro-rated amount due. But now if they have to recalculate your new group discount it seems to be happening the next day which causes a negative balance and thus suspending the account.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. One of the friend on my line is now considering leaving. So I guess I better add some $$ to the account to cover whatever charge.
    That was my first thought too, but the problem there is that $6 will go on forever, unless they resend the change, or another carrier had a better deal. I would exclaim the economics to whoever, assuming their important enough to matter.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I'm not understanding why are they allowing the plan change and then the next day suspending the accounts until additional payment is made?
    Usually when you change your plan you're supposed to immediately pay the pro-rated amount due. But now if they have to recalculate your new group discount it seems to be happening the next day which causes a negative balance and thus suspending the account.
    Exactly, I did two in the days prior to these t&c changes, and I'll bet you've done this same thing numerous times, and that's what happens. Probably built in computer routine. With these odd complaints something is almost always left out of the story..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Cricket took away the option to upgrade the plan for a line and to downgrade the line plan while keeping the 5 for $100 plan. Once a line has been upgraded, the plan is apparently gone for all lines. Cricket has stopped the upgrade/downgrade scheme.
    That was always a loophole and a scheme like you said. It was never intended to be a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Nor, was there a big advance notice then or this time. The only advance notice was thru this and other forums.

I agree that the plan change without notice is pretty shady. Some people say it warms you know when you go to switch plans.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post
    That was always a loophole and a scheme like you said. It was never intended to be a feature.

I agree that the plan change without notice is pretty shady. Some people say it warms you know when you go to switch plans.
    It does....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    You were like the boy who cried wolf. Now that there really is a wolf, it’s too late.
    No wolf. Tracfone can never be surpassed as the worst.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    Cricket took away the option to upgrade the plan for a line and to downgrade the line plan while keeping the 5 for $100 plan. Once a line has been upgraded, the plan is apparently gone for all lines. Cricket has stopped the upgrade/downgrade scheme.
    So they closed a loophole that was allowing their customers to get double their amount of data for free. Nothing wrong with that.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I think that is what they attempted to do to close the loop hole. The problem is they reset your billing cycle and demand immediate payment which is why the account gets suspended. In my case I paid the prorated difference in the plan change at the time of the change. But then they reset the cycle and show an additional amount due.

But now after the 5/$100 deal is history - I won’t change a thing. The next and only change I’ll make if I do is to port to ATT prepaid, there isn’t any real compelling reason for me to stay with Cricket now the 5/$100 deal is no more.

Feedback Score
    A similar thing happened to me. I changed one plan through the MyCricket app and do not recall a warning on any of the changes. My bill went from 120 for 5 lines to 140 for 5 lines. I immediately owed 20 bucks or so ( 19.XX). They shut my service down on all 5 lines during the night. I guess I would have paid the 20 bucks but I thought it was due the next month. I also did not realize the impact of the changes I was making until I had clicked ok.
    I first realized something was wrong when I went to edit the second line set up in the app. At that time I got a clear message that changing anything would have impact - just did not get or do not recall the message on the first line.
    I just ordered a mintsim sim to give them a try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    So they closed a loophole that was allowing their customers to get double their amount of data for free. Nothing wrong with that.

The upgrade/downgrade wasn't free and did not require a billing cycle reset. One line may need extra data for the month with an upgrade/downgrade to start the new month with the original plan. The downgrade to the same plan has been removed as an option which makes all the lines more expensive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast