Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cricket suspended my 5 lines in the middle of my billing cycle.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-vze rugby 3,z892
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I think that is what they attempted to do to close the loop hole. The problem is they reset your billing cycle and demand immediate payment which is why the account gets suspended. In my case I paid the prorated difference in the plan change at the time of the change. But then they reset the cycle and show an additional amount due.

But now after the 5/$100 deal is history - I won’t change a thing. The next and only change I’ll make if I do is to port to ATT prepaid, there isn’t any real compelling reason for me to stay with Cricket now the 5/$100 deal is no more.
    That'll really show att a thing or two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The upgrade/downgrade wasn't free and did not require a billing cycle reset. One line may need extra data for the month with an upgrade/downgrade to start the new month with the original plan. The downgrade to the same plan has been removed as an option which makes all the lines more expensive.
    You aren't understanding the conversation. Someone was upset that they couldn't do the loophole anymore to get more data. And yes it was free. They charged you a prorated amount and then credited it the moment you downgraded this having to pay that much less on your bill the next month. This was changed recently when they put a warning that downgrading would not take effect until the next billing cycle.

What has happened here is the guy made an upgrade that changed the grandfathered plan and because the system had to recalculate his new amounts it changed his billing cycle as well.

2 different things being talked about.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    That'll really show att a thing or two.
    Touché... however I guess my point was the main reason I’ve been with Cricket so long is they have the best mix of product offerings at great prices. ATT prepaid has a better product offering (no 8 Mbps throttling, tethering, rollover, etc) albeit at a higher price, but now Cricket really no longer has the large price advantage it had for the product offering I want.

Yes,I agree all profits help bolster the overall ATT stock price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by william83 View Post
    I have been with cricket 5 lines $100 for 3 years. Yesterday, I switched 1 line from $40 to $60. My bill cycle has 2 more weeks. $13.31 credit balance was in my account, more than enough to cover the change for remaining of this cycle. Everything went smoothly.

This morning, all my 5 lines were shut down. Cricket demanded an immediate payment of $81.35 or my account will remain suspended. I had no choice but paid this ransom. I am now on a new billing cycle. Customer service supervisor didn't know what happened and can't issue refund. Is this a billing clitch?

Anyway, I am porting my lines to Metropcs and fight for my refund through my credit card bank.
    Update: A high level Cricket executive called me Monday morning and apologized for the suspension. She restored the $100 group discount and issued an one-time refund of my $81.35. Now, that refund is finally on my credit card account. My case is closed.

We are likely switching to Metropcs at the end of current cycle. Here in the Northeast, especially in NYC, coverage is a non-issue. We will pay more. Considering 5 new phones, more and faster data, it will be worth it.

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear that they can reset the discount back to $100 if a mistake is made. Not that I plan on making any changes.

Yesterday I stopped by a cricket store and asked the employee about adding a new line (which would be my 6th line) and could I add it to my current account (with 5/$100 already) or should I created a new account. The employee knew that adding a line to my existing account, even if it didn't touch the existing 5 lines, would impact my discount. She advised to setup the new line as a new customer, not tied to an existing account. Only hassle will be that I guess I have to use two logins to manage all 6 lines. Small inconvenience for $360 a year. At least this one store employee seemed to know what they were doing.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by william83 View Post
    Update: My case is closed.

We are likely switching to Metropcs at the end of current cycle. Here in the Northeast, especially in NYC, coverage is a non-issue. We will pay more. Considering 5 new phones, more and faster data, it will be worth it.

Good for you, I wish we had that luxury of great coverage from every network here in Orlando like NYC. 9 years and 2 years have passed with Metro/T-Mobile, they still have not penetrated big buildings here in Orlando, buffering is normal way of life but people don’t say much...still praising the service.
    I guess you have to do what works and fits you mostly financially and coverage-wise. No such luxury here, I ain’t pay for buffering most of the day and dropped calls in my office. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post
    You aren't understanding the conversation. Someone was upset that they couldn't do the loophole anymore to get more data. And yes it was free. They charged you a prorated amount and then credited it the moment you downgraded this having to pay that much less on your bill the next month. This was changed recently when they put a warning that downgrading would not take effect until the next billing cycle.

What has happened here is the guy made an upgrade that changed the grandfathered plan and because the system had to recalculate his new amounts it changed his billing cycle as well.

2 different things being talked about.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

In the end it was a wash but there was a charge upfront which was credited back later. I know how the old process worked since a friend would unlock the iPhone SE through an upgrade/downgrade from the cheapest plan. Cricket closed the loophole.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I'm bringing up this old thread, as some of the mentioned issues are at the least confusing if not something else, yet to be determined.

I would advised anyone making plan changes,etc, to make screen snaps of their cricket online account, before and after and continue to monitor for at least a, few weeks.

I've got a share group, and members have both left and joined in the past month, which is nothing new. I always kept a credit balance, thankfully, or probably my account would probably have been interrupted last night.

Monday I ported out a line and immediately on same call, ported in a line, rejecting l expecting a prorated charge which I guess they did, but with little or no explanation, but not enough difference to justify a phone call.

Then last night, happened to check, my monthly charges were indicated at $179.23 vs $125 month, and $60 of my existing credits had disappeared, hum?

So I called regular cs, and tried to understand in sort of broken English, cs saying there was a mistake, but I still have no idea what the mistake was and how it occurred 5 or so days after the changes. I asked could they email deaths m details of my billing. No, but suggested I go to cricket store, which I may still do. I'd had the online page open while talking with cs, it repopulate with totally new info, with more realistic numbers, but who knows.

This is probably much ado about something which will auto correct, as it has before, but when the numbers are off by $100, it's a concern.

Keep records make changes at end of month.

Feedback Score
    I'm bringing up this old thread, as some of the mentioned issues are at the least confusing if not something else, yet to be determined.

I would advised anyone making plan changes,etc, to make screen snaps of their cricket online account, before and after and continue to monitor for at least a, few weeks.

I've got a share group, and members have both left and joined in the past month, which is nothing new. I always kept a credit balance, thankfully, or probably my account would probably have been interrupted last night.

Monday I ported out a line and immediately on same call, ported in a line, rejecting l expecting a prorated charge which I guess they did, but with little or no explanation, but not enough difference to justify a phone call.

Then last night, happened to check, my monthly charges were indicated at $179.23 vs $125 month, and $60 of my existing credits had disappeared, hum?

So I called regular cs, and tried to understand in sort of broken English, cs saying there was a mistake, but I still have no idea what the mistake was and how it occurred 5 or so days after the changes. I asked could they email deaths m details of my billing. No, but suggested I go to cricket store, which I may still do. I'd had the online page open while talking with cs, it repopulate with totally new info, with more realistic numbers, but who knows.

This is probably much ado about something which will auto correct, as it has before, but when the numbers are off by $100, it's a concern.

Keep records make changes at end of month.
    They messed mine up too originally. By the time we got finished I had almost an extra $60 in credits.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    They messed mine up too originally. By the time we got finished I had almost an extra $60 in credits.
    So how was it fixed, did it just self fix or what? I've got a feeling mine will work out, but who knows. It was hard enough to figure out occasionally with a postpaid statement.

Feedback Score
    So how was it fixed, did it just self fix or what? I've got a feeling mine will work out, but who knows. It was hard enough to figure out occasionally with a postpaid statement.
    I dealt with Twitter. In the end they messed it up so much I had more credit than I should've.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Does cricket still pro rate plan changes? Or is this where issues are occurring?

Edit:

So I finally got an explanation of the discrepancy (in my words), and don't believe I've seen it explained here.

If you currently have 5 ul2 lines, and need to drop/add a line they are going to charge $50 for that added line, pro rated, because they temporarily consider that a 6th line.

I'm not really upset by this as I'm very happy with my service, and I've saved several thousand dollars over the past three years, but I wish this had of been explained up front.
    Last edited by plane; 01-22-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    Mine happened when I swapped from the 4/$100. I had to do it 1 at a time online and it wiped out my credits. Then I asked to get them reapplied and they were bad at math. Then I got them to fix my previous credits and again they were bad at math and ended up leaving the first set of credits they gave me. There was also proration issues. Best to set the changes to happen at bill cycle. I didn't complain about the extra credits being left. That is their job to notice, just like not having enough credits was mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4