Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Rewards Ending Soon....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathcab View Post
    He's been trying to troll since the changes to the group discounts but it took him until yesterday to find somewhere with enough T-Mobile signal to actually be able to post
    What constitutes a troll?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I never cared for the rewards program; I only received credits twice. I am using the the $30/2GB plan... works fine for the usage (paying for another person). I was on the $25 plan for nearly 2 years with a flip phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    And the trolls are out. I am actually surprised you've been so quiet for the past month or two. I was bracing for a lot of trolling when the price went up.

I am feeling deja vu. Before I joined Cricket, I was on Virgin Mobile from 2011-2015. VM had a plan of 300 minutes, unlimited text/data (3G) for $25. When they introduced 4G (aka wimax), they raised the rate to $35. Eventually, I got fed up with VM service and came over to Cricket. At least Cricket's service has been consistent.

Same here, I held onto my grandfathered VM $25 plan far too long before coming over to Cricket.

Feedback Score
    So I see a page on the Cricket Rewards app that mentions everything is ending on Feb 28. No new participants after TODAY Nov 28. Existing can still earn points thru Jan 2.

They have a q+a page and this is my favorite line from it

Why is the Cricket Rewards program ending?*
    We are discontinuing Cricket Rewards so we can do more of what our customers want — offering the latest devices with affordable, no-annual-contract plans on our great, big nationwide 4G LTE network.

Feedback Score
    Well, at least I got $4 in target gift cards before i deleted the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    So I see a page on the Cricket Rewards app that mentions everything is ending on Feb 28. No new participants after TODAY Nov 28. Existing can still earn points thru Jan 2.

They have a q+a page and this is my favorite line from it

Why is the Cricket Rewards program ending?*
    We are discontinuing Cricket Rewards so we can do more of what our customers want — offering the latest devices with affordable, no-annual-contract plans on our great, big nationwide 4G LTE network.
    If they were truthful it would say "Why is the Cricket Rewards program ending?"
    A: We here at AT&T have decided that Cricket has been draining customers from our own AT&T Prepaid line and have decided to phase out Cricket (shhhh, don't tell anyone ;-) . Discontinuing Cricket rewards is just one step that we are taking to make Cricket less attractive. More steps will be coming in upcoming months. Our sincere hope is that Cricket will be so unattractive by the time late next year when we finally pull the plug on Cricket that most people won't care."

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just go the email.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1511884986.809135.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1511885004.076946.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  57.2 KB

Feedback Score
    http://mycricketrewards.com/

This has more info if any one needs read further details ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greatgoogly View Post
    If they were truthful it would say "Why is the Cricket Rewards program ending?"
    A: We here at AT&T have decided that Cricket has been draining customers from our own AT&T Prepaid line and have decided to phase out Cricket (shhhh, don't tell anyone ;-) . Discontinuing Cricket rewards is just one step that we are taking to make Cricket less attractive. More steps will be coming in upcoming months. Our sincere hope is that Cricket will be so unattractive by the time late next year when we finally pull the plug on Cricket that most people won't care."
    Eh. Markets change, roll with it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-410
    Feedback Score
    ...We here at AT&T have decided that Cricket has been draining customers from our own AT&T Prepaid line and have decided to phase out Cricket (shhhh, don't tell anyone ;-) .
    I know this comes up in this forum on a semi-regular basis, but it seems like Cricket and AT&T Prepaid are about as close as they can get without being identical. Although there's a huge balance on my account, which will keep the three lines on there for awhile, it wouldn't be _much_ more to move to AT&T Prepaid and we'd get a bit more data, Mexico/Canada coverage, and a hotspot. With the 8GB plan gone, to jump from the basic 5GB plan to something that would support those, you're looking at $25-$30 extra per line (upgrade to Unlimited 2 or Unlimited and then add hotspot) - that gap seems a bit much right now?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Eh. Markets change, roll with it.
    Corporate consolidation rarely benefits the customer long term.

Feedback Score
    Corporate consolidation rarely benefits the customer long term.
    What consolidation, At-t already owns Cricket.

Feedback Score
    AT&T doesn't need to have both AT&T prepaid and Cricket. Cricket will go away over time as I expected. I will be fine with it as long as AT&T grandfathering my 5 lines for $100 plan and I can use my existing account credit to pay for the services. I bought so many discounted refill cards that I don't have to worry about paying Cricket bills for the next 18 months.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Oh no, we won't be seeing promotion pimping in poster's sigs any more? Looks like they're trying to get their last licks in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    AT&T doesn't need to have both AT&T prepaid and Cricket. Cricket will go away over time as I expected. I will be fine with it as long as AT&T grandfathering my 5 lines for $100 plan and I can use my existing account credit to pay for the services. I bought so many discounted refill cards that I don't have to worry about paying Cricket bills for the next 18 months.
    The world revolves around you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast