Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Rewards Ending Soon....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    AT&T doesn't need to have both AT&T prepaid and Cricket. Cricket will go away over time as I expected. I will be fine with it as long as AT&T grandfathering my 5 lines for $100 plan and I can use my existing account credit to pay for the services. I bought so many discounted refill cards that I don't have to worry about paying Cricket bills for the next 18 months.
    Well, by this thinking TMobile doesn't need TMobile prepaid and metro pcs, so they will be shutting down metro pcs soon, Sprint doesn't need Sprint prepaid and boost Mobile, so they will be shutting down boost soon as well. Wow, there will be a lot less competition in the prepaid market with all these carriers closing their prepaid brands.

Feedback Score
    I also got the email. It was nice while it lasted, but the rewards app was slow and frequently crashed, so I didn't use it much.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    AT&T doesn't need to have both AT&T prepaid and Cricket. Cricket will go away over time as I expected. I will be fine with it as long as AT&T grandfathering my 5 lines for $100 plan and I can use my existing account credit to pay for the services. I bought so many discounted refill cards that I don't have to worry about paying Cricket bills for the next 18 months.
    Yes, ATT purchased Leap Wireless only to run Cricket into the ground and get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    Yes, ATT purchased Leap Wireless only to run Cricket into the ground and get rid of it.
    Nothing but stupid speculation, 99% of Cricket customers don't notice a thing and are happy with their $35 plans, you" I must get cricket for $2 a month" are the tiny minority.

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    Won't be the first or last time a big company did something like that. HP is famous for it.

Rewards app has not meant much to me. All the big points activities like "setup auto pay" and "pay your bill" and "stick with us" or some such never worked for me at all. Thus playing with it was just a little amusement. I only worry about what else they might do. Remember Telcos are lying liars, all of them.

I still consider the service to be good and an improvement from postpaid. I got to postpaid via a huge Free2Go balance, and I stayed too long. At the end I had unlimited data for "dumb" phones with lowest "minutes" and all messaging cut off and blocked, for a tab of under $40/mo given the wonderful FAN discount. If I stuck sim in a phone they thought was "smart" they would send a nasty gram and threaten to charge more for less data.

By comparison, Cricket is never a hassle and I do all the messaging I can stand. But if they want to make it less attractive I guess I will have to find something else.
    Prepaid Rocks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U (US Unlocked) Gold
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Disappointed but will be staying with Cricket b/c of grandfathered 5/$100 for a real family of 5. It is the least expensive for what we need - AT&T network. Don't need hotspot although I've been able to use it on my phone on the rare occasion.

I guess I'm one of the rare CR users that was able to use it to the fullest earning enough points to buy Cricket refill cards that covered our entire monthly bill until recently games were dropped from 3x/day to 2x/day & then all but $40 of our monthly bill was covered.

I was not doing this to be a cheapskate or my form of welfare as some other posters have assumed. Just using all opportunities available.

I don't know any other AT&T mvno that I can get 5/$100 with 5 GB data each line.

Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app
    Phones used - *Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989* *Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317* *Blu Studio 5.0 C HD* *Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870* *Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900* *Moto X Pure Edition* *Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910C* *Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U*

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Rewards or no rewards business as usual no change here, Cricket coverage takes care of everything no complaint. Excellent coverage.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Nothing but stupid speculation, 99% of Cricket customers don't notice a thing and are happy with their $35 plans, you" I must get cricket for $2 a month" are the tiny minority.
    They'll notice once Cricket/AT&T stops including the taxes and fees in the monthly rate. I see that one one coming around the bend. Current users will probably be grandfathered, but any change will break the grandfathering. Poo poo it, but time will tell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greatgoogly View Post
    They'll notice once Cricket/AT&T stops including the taxes and fees in the monthly rate. I see that one one coming around the bend. Current users will probably be grandfathered, but any change will break the grandfathering. Poo poo it, but time will tell.
    I doubt they'll end taxes included, culling back the freebies was a good call by Cricket.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    I did get a survey about why I cancelled my line with Cricket (even though I have others still active) and I figured I'd offer feedback, both positive and negative. I'd say maybe 25% was concerning wireless service with Cricket and asking about what I'm using now and the other 75% was focused on streaming, pay TV, and bundles. Seems like that's the only concern at AT&T these days...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    I did get a survey about why I cancelled my line with Cricket (even though I have others still active) and I figured I'd offer feedback, both positive and negative. I'd say maybe 25% was concerning wireless service with Cricket and asking about what I'm using now and the other 75% was focused on streaming, pay TV, and bundles. Seems like that's the only concern at AT&T these days...
    That's where the market is going, so that's what they'll cater to.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    That's where the market is going, so that's what they'll cater to.
    Yep - not to derail the thread too much, but I think AT&T is at odds with itself in that regard - DirecTV (and U-verse TV, too) is getting some losses with people cutting the cord. On the other hand, they also offer a cord-cutting product that has gotten pretty good (I can't get DTV at my current apartment, so I've been using DTV Now since launch and have seen a lot of progress). It's smart that they're hedging their bets, but it does feel like wireless is taking a back seat to even traditional TV services in terms of new features/plans, new technology outside the impending 5G. I certainly doing want to give the impression that I'm very negative about this, as AT&T has some decent plans across the board.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    i dumped Cricket and jumped to the TMobile 55+ plan a few months back
    and couldn't be happier. 2 lines with unlimited voice, texts, & data, includes hotspot,
    wifi calling and VoLTE all for $60 including taxes.

after over two years with Cricket i never got any survey asking why i left
    " The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of a low price has faded from memory" > Aldo Gucci

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Yep - not to derail the thread too much, but I think AT&T is at odds with itself in that regard - DirecTV (and U-verse TV, too) is getting some losses with people cutting the cord. On the other hand, they also offer a cord-cutting product that has gotten pretty good (I can't get DTV at my current apartment, so I've been using DTV Now since launch and have seen a lot of progress). It's smart that they're hedging their bets, but it does feel like wireless is taking a back seat to even traditional TV services in terms of new features/plans, new technology outside the impending 5G. I certainly doing want to give the impression that I'm very negative about this, as AT&T has some decent plans across the board.
    At&t always seems slow to change, Verizon not so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parishmc View Post
    i dumped Cricket and jumped to the TMobile 55+ plan a few months back
    and couldn't be happier. 2 lines with unlimited voice, texts, & data, includes hotspot,
    wifi calling and VoLTE all for $60 including taxes.

after over two years with Cricket i never got any survey asking why i left
    Wow, nice. How much tethering?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast