Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 150.00 budget phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    I would not recommend Huawei Honor 6X and definitely if we compare it with Moto G5 Plus, Moto is better.

The quality of Chinese phones is usually lower than non-Chinese phones (with same of similar specs of RAM and CPU). I am not talking about country of assembly or country where the company is located. I am talking about location where the phone was developed. Motorola Mobility R&D located in US and, despite slightly lower specs, Moto G5 Plus will actually be better (if we are talking about user experience) than Huawei Honor 6X (unless you want to use your phone for bitcoin mining).

But there is another very important reason which is stopper for me to buy Huawei Honor 6X: this phone is only partially compatible with European/African/Asian networks:

Huawei supported bands:

4G LTE Band 12, 2, 20, 4, 5 (no European LTE bands at all)
    GSM 3G Frequency 1700, 1900, 2100, 850 (no European Band 8 900 MHz)

So, you will rely only on UMTS Band 1 2100 MHz while roaming.

Moto G5 Plus supports all UMTS bands and all LTE bands except band 20 that make it excellent phone while in roaming.

Next, this Huawei does not support Wi-Fi calling. See http://phonedb.net/index.php?m=devic...uawei_brooklyn (unless pdadb does not have correct info) and https://club-us.hihonor.com/keyword....-support-.1633

Moto supports wi-fi calling.
    MM may be located in the U.S. but Huawei has proven itself to be a strong contender in the market, and Honor is doing fantastic in particular. They are the largest phone manufacturer in China with a lot more customers in Asia than there are people in the U.S. The idea of Chinese phones having lower quality may have been true in the past but this is no longer the case with certain brands. I have a Moto E4, G5 Plus, and Honor 6X. I absolutely love Moto phones. Near stock Android and all the mods are something to enjoy, but specs are a crucial part and the user experience can vary dependent on which person. Personally I enjoy EMUI and it's my second favorite skin after TouchWiz and that statement would have been unheard of just a couple of years ago. I enjoy the Honor much more than the Moto simply because it is faster, has amazing memory optimization, is very well built, and overall is an amazing phone at its price. The G5 Plus is great and the fact that the 6X lacks Wi-Fi calling is unfortunate. I and many users have contacted Huawei to let them know and I do believe they will take our complaints seriously. I'll admit if international use, especially where you have listed is important, then they may want to skip the 6X, but if you are in an area like the U.S. that supports these bands I would say go for the Honor. Either way you will be happy. They are both literally the best rates cost efficient phones of the year. And the E4 as well but it's not gonna compete with either performance wise. If you like gaming or fiddling with the device you will want more power.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia_Black View Post
    Well after a week using this Moto E4 I have been impressed and not.

So far i noticed the screen doesn't scroll as smooth as my Windows phone did. The screen will tend to flicker and stutter when scrolling fast. On the Windows phone it woul dnot, no matter how fast I scrolled. This Android already got infected with spam pop-ups....I think this is due to Android being the main phone OS and what every hacker is after to infect. Do I need virus protection?

O.S. is overly complex and not easy to navigate. On Windows Phone it was very simple. So many different options, windows and buttons. Camera is ok, but nothing like the Carl Zeiss optics camera on my old Lumia 640 and that was a budget smartphone as well.

So it comes down to....Android OS is just too much, to cluttered and immersive for my taste. I used to just like the simple function of my windows phone.
    I don't know you but please let me tell you that while Android can seem overwhelming when coming from a Windows Phone or iPhone and your not s power user, it is worth the experience. There is nothing more diversified and capable of teaching you things about how computers work than Linux. Android is essentially Linux, at least kernel wise and so there is no better option if you want real control and power over your device. That Windoes phone may seem simple but it gives you no real customization. Most of them are built with poor specs, Microsoft is the slimiest of the three when it comes to selling off all your info and personal information, and almost no developers support Windows mobile with their apps. Even popular apps are hard to find in the store. If these things really don't matter than I'd say go on back to a Lumia or what not, but just know, that Windows mobile only controls a tiny itty bit of the market in this world and there is a good reason why.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STester View Post
    I don't know you but please let me tell you that while Android can seem overwhelming when coming from a Windows Phone or iPhone and your not s power user, it is worth the experience. There is nothing more diversified and capable of teaching you things about how computers work than Linux. Android is essentially Linux, at least kernel wise and so there is no better option if you want real control and power over your device. That Windoes phone may seem simple but it gives you no real customization. Most of them are built with poor specs, Microsoft is the slimiest of the three when it comes to selling off all your info and personal information, and almost no developers support Windows mobile with their apps. Even popular apps are hard to find in the store. If these things really don't matter than I'd say go on back to a Lumia or what not, but just know, that Windows mobile only controls a tiny itty bit of the market in this world and there is a good reason why.
    There will be no new Windows Phones. They killed of the OS earlier this year. Not sure when the last handset even came out.

This guy sounds WAY out of his element. I am thinking he is pretty young and not tech savvy at all. He'll likely just have to bear it until he figures it out.

Feedback Score
    I'm way late on this discussion, but for anyone still looking for a sub $150 Android phone, the ZTE Blade V8 Pro is a lot of phone for the money. Around $140 at NewEgg at the moment. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16875705062

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    There will be no new Windows Phones. They killed of the OS earlier this year. Not sure when the last handset even came out.

This guy sounds WAY out of his element. I am thinking he is pretty young and not tech savvy at all. He'll likely just have to bear it until he figures it out.

Lol, just because Microsoft killed it off doesn't mean the devices are not still in circulation. Most people probably don't even know Windows Phone is dead. I'd say I'm right in my element but if you would like to enlighten everyone here with a better answer that'd be great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STester View Post
    Lol, just because Microsoft killed it off doesn't mean the devices are not still in circulation. Most people probably don't even know Windows Phone is dead. I'd say I'm right in my element but if you would like to enlighten everyone here with a better answer that'd be great.
    The thread starter... Your reading comprehension could use some work if you need me to enlightened you. In regards to Windows Phone. MS official stopped. The most recent seems a year old and the hottest handset the 950 XL will be 3 this year. I haven't used it in a while, but the store as garbage then, and assuredly won't get bettet. Anything bought Windows Phone is throwing good money after bad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia_Black View Post
    Yepp I had to do the same, restart and empty all the cache and all of that...browsing history....ect. Hasn't come back, but I'm now on fireFox for the browser.
    Note that if you are using the Verizon branded Moto E4 on T-Mo or MetroPCS, you will not get Band 12 or their new band 66. Band 12 really helps in rural areas and building signal penetration. The genuine unlocked version (XT176) can be used on all carriers (including Sprint and Verizon) and has all the bands. Btw, I've tested the Verizon E4 Moto and it does not get band 12 and doing the same test with my Moto G4 and new unlocked E4 (XT1768), both get signal in buildings where the Verizon version would not. Lesson learned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Note that if you are using the Verizon branded Moto E4 on T-Mo or MetroPCS, you will not get Band 12 or their new band 66. Band 12 really helps in rural areas and building signal penetration. The genuine unlocked version (XT176) can be used on all carriers (including Sprint and Verizon) and has all the bands. Btw, I've tested the Verizon E4 Moto and it does not get band 12 and doing the same test with my Moto G4 and new unlocked E4 (XT1768), both get signal in buildings where the Verizon version would not. Lesson learned.
    That's interesting to know. I gave 2 our as gifts. 1 to my 14 year old daughter, non biggy if she can't get internet somewhere. The other to my father in law. He's cripple so he'll never be without someone else with a cell. For the price they're dandy.

Edit.
    Should've read better. I don't care anything about crappy *** t-mobile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 454 View Post
    I'm way late on this discussion, but for anyone still looking for a sub $150 Android phone, the ZTE Blade V8 Pro is a lot of phone for the money. Around $140 at NewEgg at the moment. https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16875705062

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
    This is also an excellent phone. $140 is a steal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3