Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I followed weskeene’s tips and was able to switch into this plan just now via chat. It will be effective next billing cycle as this was the only option the rep had on her end. She highlighted this is now a grandfathered plan and thus, was making an exception by switching me into the fUDP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was it Jesse??? She is a hard working, nice gal.... :-)
    Last edited by fm-mi; 11-25-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    Frank in Michigan

Toys, toys, toys -- I want more toys...

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I followed weskeene’s tips and was able to switch into this plan just now via chat. It will be effective next billing cycle as this was the only option the rep had on her end. She highlighted this is now a grandfathered plan and thus, was making an exception by switching me into the fUDP.

Yeah, they reminded me of that too. I think they want you to know you're getting a deal. Fine by me.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    What plan were you on before switching to the Fudp?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app
    Beyond Unlimited.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fm-mi View Post
    What is Jesse??? She is a hard working, nice gal.... :-)
    No, it was not. It was Riley.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Beyond Unlimited.

Did you ever have an old unlimited plan? The reason I ask is because my brother just switched from Sprint. I was wondering if there was any chance he could get this.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Did you ever have an old unlimited plan? The reason I ask is because my brother just switched from Sprint. I was wondering if there was any chance he could get this.
    No, never did but the rep did ask the same question. They figure they can look at the account history and pull it from there.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No, it was not. It was Riley.

Ha ha. Guess they have two chat people, not one... Glad you got the plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No, never did but the rep did ask the same question. They figure they can look at the account history and pull it from there.

Thanks so much for the info!!! I'll let my brother know to try it.

Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

So I came back to Verizon and wanted to get my plan back. Winback claimed they couldn’t do it because it was not an option. So I contacted retention’s which was utterly useless. They were trying to put an Inactive Pricing Request in. So out of all places, I use the chat app and they placed it on my account for my next billing cycle. Then I called to cancel my Inactive Price Request so it doesn’t mess anything on my account and the rep removes my plan even though she claimed it wouldn’t be touched. I contacted retention’s again thinking this would be a easy fix. Nope, after talking to 3 reps I was transferred to a supervisor who told me I wouldn’t be eligible for the plan and the reason it was taking off my account was because I wasn’t suppose to have it and not because the rep canceled my pending changes, obviously a lie. I hung up and after being on the phone for 4 hours. Afterwards a quick 5 minute chat, I was able to get it put back on for my next billing cycle. We’ll see how this saga goes on my next billing cycle.
    TheTechKing

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellDW View Post
    So I came back to Verizon and wanted to get my plan back. Winback claimed they couldn’t do it because it was not an option. So I contacted retention’s which was utterly useless. They were trying to put an Inactive Pricing Request in. So out of all places, I use the chat app and they placed it on my account for my next billing cycle. Then I called to cancel my Inactive Price Request so it doesn’t mess anything on my account and the rep removes my plan even though she claimed it wouldn’t be touched. I contacted retention’s again thinking this would be a easy fix. Nope, after talking to 3 reps I was transferred to a supervisor who told me I wouldn’t be eligible for the plan and the reason it was taking off my account was because I wasn’t suppose to have it and not because the rep canceled my pending changes, obviously a lie. I hung up and after being on the phone for 4 hours. Afterwards a quick 5 minute chat, I was able to get it put back on for my next billing cycle. We’ll see how this saga goes on my next billing cycle.
    I've seen lots of reports (including myself) of just using simple chat and getting it done. Sometimes simpler is better. If you see a pending change out there for your next cycle, it's yours my friend.

Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    I've seen lots of reports (including myself) of just using simple chat and getting it done. Sometimes simpler is better. If you see a pending change out there for your next cycle, it's yours my friend.
    Yeah I’m surprised chat was so easy. I seen a comment on reddit of somebody’s plan falling off before the billing cycle end and they had to get it added back on. Does this usually happen or should I be fine? I think the last rep I spoke to filled out a Inactive Pricing Request, I hope they don’t change anything on my account before now and then.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I’m surprised chat was so easy. I seen a comment on reddit of somebody’s plan falling off before the billing cycle end and they had to get it added back on. Does this usually happen or should I be fine? I think the last rep I spoke to filled out a Inactive Pricing Request, I hope they don’t change anything on my account before now and then.
    I don't have any statistics on that, but I wouldn't worry about it. Once the pending plan change is there, it seems to stick. For maximum safety, when I did mine, I just did a hard cut in the middle of the month. I know it's more expensive, but I decided not to chance it. Nevertheless, it works fine the other way, too. Enjoy the new plan. When do you roll over?

Device(s)
    iPhone6S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't have any statistics on that, but I wouldn't worry about it. Once the pending plan change is there, it seems to stick. For maximum safety, when I did mine, I just did a hard cut in the middle of the month. I know it's more expensive, but I decided not to chance it. Nevertheless, it works fine the other way, too. Enjoy the new plan. When do you roll over?
    Thanks I tired to get it to go effective today, but they were unable to do it. It goes into effect later in this month.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks I tired to get it to go effective today, but they were unable to do it. It goes into effect later in this month.
    They changed the policy at some point, that you can go down within a cycle, only up. But that wouldn't make sense in this case. At worst, you'd be making a lateral move. Oh well. It will get there eventually.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They changed the policy at some point, that you can go down within a cycle, only up. But that wouldn't make sense in this case. At worst, you'd be making a lateral move. Oh well. It will get there eventually.
    I changed from the Nationwide Family Plan (2 gUDP, 2 5Gb lines) to the fUDP about a week ago and they made it retro-effective the start of my last billing cycle without me even asking (Jesse/chat session person said she would do that to help save me some $$$ and the mess of prorating the bill), which was 11/16. I checked and so far that appears to be the case.

One think that did not happen was the $10 discount for autopay even though I was already set up. Called and found out it has to be debit or checking account, not credit card. She said once I make that change, I will be at the $100/month charge (right now showing $110).

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast