Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

Feedback Score
    Idk what I did wrong haha, I tried a phone call and two chats and they would not budge in providing me with fUDP. I was polite, even informed where to look for the plan code, but got the old we don't offer the plan anymore. Should I keep plugging through or chalk it up as a loss?

We currently have an old 1400NW plan two gUDP lines and three 2GB lines. Was trying to get the best deal on the best plan. One rep even suggested going to the goUDP plan which I scoffed at in my head due to the wording that the data is "always" deprioritized.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterACola View Post
    Idk what I did wrong haha, I tried a phone call and two chats and they would not budge in providing me with fUDP. I was polite, even informed where to look for the plan code, but got the old we don't offer the plan anymore. Should I keep plugging through or chalk it up as a loss?

We currently have an old 1400NW plan two gUDP lines and three 2GB lines. Was trying to get the best deal on the best plan. One rep even suggested going to the goUDP plan which I scoffed at in my head due to the wording that the data is "always" deprioritized.
    1 guy here or over at Reddit said he had to try 15 times to finally get it.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Keep trying.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Suggest trying chat again. I opened a new VZ account just this Oct 1st with the L-8G plan. Decided late in Nov. That wanted UNL so called for the Feb plan and I was denied. But I got switched within moments on chat. I don't know if it matters but my very short history of data use indicated that I'm probably not a data hog.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I had to try half a dozen times or more before I finally got it via chat. Gave up for a week then tried the chat, voila.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djcue95 View Post
    I had to try half a dozen times or more before I finally got it via chat. Gave up for a week then tried the chat, voila.
    Yes, it's strange. It seems like reps will do one of 3 things:

- Have no clue what you're talking about
    - Know exactly what you're talking about, but fail to actually apply it
    - Know exactly what you're talking about, and are able to apply it within about 60 seconds

Once you get that right rep that knows to look in the plan-switch tool, rather than the what-if tool, it's pretty magic how fast you can get it.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My IPR succeeded! The sub-account went from the single-line fUDP back this spring, when it was still public, then to the family bUDP a few weeks ago, and now to the family fUDP.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    My IPR succeeded! The sub-account went from the single-line fUDP back this spring, when it was still public, then to the family bUDP a few weeks ago, and now to the family fUDP.
    Nice! Welcome to the fUDP club!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Yes, it's strange. It seems like reps will do one of 3 things:

- Have no clue what you're talking about
    - Know exactly what you're talking about, but fail to actually apply it
    - Know exactly what you're talking about, and are able to apply it within about 60 seconds

Once you get that right rep that knows to look in the plan-switch tool, rather than the what-if tool, it's pretty magic how fast you can get it.
    So I tried again yesterday. I got four chat reps that had no idea, one chat rep that did but they didn't apply it.

I called CS, got told there was a note but the lady couldn't find the plan code, mentioned it not being available. She put me on hold to get assistance and I got transferred to sales, who transferred me to someone else who told me the plan was phased out in July.

Needless to say, I got a babystep in the right direction. I'll try again today or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Was able to get this done today on the first try with an online chat.

Side note, does anyone know of the price impact for the go unl or beyond unl if you have a line under contract still? The New Unli (feb udp) has 20 dollars extra per line until the contract expires.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davedude44 View Post
    Was able to get this done today on the first try with an online chat.

Side note, does anyone know of the price impact for the go unl or beyond unl if you have a line under contract still? The New Unli (feb udp) has 20 dollars extra per line until the contract expires.
    Congrats!

The on-contract upcharge is the same for all plans you mentioned.

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Congrats!
    Welcome to the fUDP club.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What is the plan code for this? I'm finally going to change my gUDP to this fUDP.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    What is the plan code for this? I'm finally going to change my gUDP to this fUDP.
    I don't know. I don't think that's necessary, as long as you know what pricing to expect and can guide the rep to what you want. Proper name is "The New Verizon Plan Unlimited". Using web chat while logged in to My Verizon seems to have the best rate of success.

Device(s)
    LG Dare vx9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    I don't know. I don't think that's necessary, as long as you know what pricing to expect and can guide the rep to what you want. Proper name is "The New Verizon Plan Unlimited". Using web chat while logged in to My Verizon seems to have the best rate of success.
    Confirmed, I just chatted online and was able to switch to this plan. Only thing is, one of my lines was still under contract with udp for one year and they are stating the $20 hike will drop off when it ends. Is that true?

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast