Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 306

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

    Just curious to see is it possible to get the old unlimited plan from February? If so what was the plan code?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes, it is possible. I don't know the code. Call and ask. The plan's proper name is "The New Verizon Plan Unlimited".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,996
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Yes, it is possible. I don't know the code. Call and ask. The plan's proper name is "The New Verizon Plan Unlimited".
    That's a first. Has anybody ever gotten the old plan after the Beyond and Go plans came out?

    Sent from my VS996 using HoFo mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    That's a first. Has anybody ever gotten the old plan after the Beyond and Go plans came out?

    Sent from my VS996 using HoFo mobile app
    Yes. I did. One week ago.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    How were you able to get on that plan?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eprius View Post
    How were you able to get on that plan?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app
    Call them or even chat with them. Be specific about what you're looking for. Know the prices things should add up to ($110 base price for multiline plan with $20/line additional and $10 autopay discount). Be prepared to go through more than one rep if the first one isn't able to do it. Other tips I've learned:

    - It's available through their "plan switch" tool, but not their "what-if" tool. Asking the rep to check the appropriate tool may help.
    - As mentioned above, the proper name of the plan is "The New Verizon Plan Unlimited", asking for it by name may help them identify it.
    - Be patient. Especially on chat.

    Have fun!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'll give it a try soon

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    1 5 minute phone call and I was able to switch. Went from 6 lines of business unlimited for $270 to the New Verizon Plan Unlimited for $220. Saves me $50 a month. Any other advantages over the business unlimited?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eprius View Post
    1 5 minute phone call and I was able to switch. Went from 6 lines of business unlimited for $270 to the New Verizon Plan Unlimited for $220. Saves me $50 a month. Any other advantages over the business unlimited?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app
    Yep, four advantages I can think of:

    1) You get 720p video (3.8 mbps throttle), vs 480p video on Business Unlimited (1.8 mbps throttle).
    2) You can add a line for $20, vs $45 on Business Unlimited.
    3) I don't know whether this is true, for sure. But on Feb unlimited, we get 15GB of hotspot now. Business Unlimited still only claims 10GB.
    4) Canada/Mexico service is included, unlike Business Unlimited.

    Glad you were able to get it going so easily!
    Last edited by weskeene; 11-20-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: I keep adding advantages!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118
    Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the pointers.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eprius View Post
    Thanks for the pointers.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app
    Happy to help. I'm glad you're saving some cash and still getting great service.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Happy to help. I'm glad you're saving some cash and still getting great service.
    OT, but it's just luck the plan code/feature code is there right ?
    AKA, let's say you are on the new unlimited single plan (FUDP) and you decide in February 2018 to move up to the shared Unlimited plan. Is there a def. upgrade to the FUDP share plan level or per the VZ rep, the computer will force you to go to Go/Beyond and not allow you to ~massage~ the system and choose it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    OT, but it's just luck the plan code/feature code is there right ?
    AKA, let's say you are on the new unlimited single plan (FUDP) and you decide in February 2018 to move up to the shared Unlimited plan. Is there a def. upgrade to the FUDP share plan level or per the VZ rep, the computer will force you to go to Go/Beyond and not allow you to ~massage~ the system and choose it.
    I don't know, and I'm not sure anyone really knows at this point. Frankly, it's a mystery why the plan is still available at all. Single line FUDP isn't really all that valuable, since Beyond is barely any more expensive anyway. I assume most people that will care about FUDP will be on multi-line accounts, since that's where Beyond is so awful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    203
    Feedback Score
    0
    The wifey has the whole fam on a ATT account....

    Previously, I was on NW 1400 with GDUP and pops basic phone (which is still in contract as I did the smartphone upgrade on his line).
    Ontop, we were getting 20% both line as well as the data so it was the best plan for the $....

    The current move the personal for the FUDP was about $10 more when all said and done, but then now I gain hotspot, etc, etc...

    NO need to be on a shared UDP yet, but I am considering consolidating, etc at some point.
    The shared UDP is not a good move for me now immediate, as I'll be spending $50 more for nothing monthly.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    It seems like for you it might be cheaper to just jump on wifey's AT&T. It would only be $20, and if it's unlimited plus, it would be the same basic service you're used to.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Is it still possible to get a NEW v60ci from Telus?
    By ggweci in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 11:56 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks