Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 276

Thread: Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Just one point of order here: If you want the Premium Streaming add on, it's not one or the other...it's both. You have to pay $10/mo, *and* you have to keep the SIM in a phone with 1080p capabilities. If you put that SIM in a non-1080p device, people have seen the feature fall off and a bill credit get issued. They're serious. They don't want you sucking bits down that your phone can't view. I won't get into the ethics of it all, I just want you to know what you're getting into.
    And if you put the SIM in a hotspot, the feature falls off too.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    And if you put the SIM in a hotspot, the feature falls off too.
    Yeah, sorry, that should have been implied but it's good to spell it out explicitly. If the SIM ends up in any device except your 1080p phone, the feature falls off, and you have to call back and get it again. Total pain for marginally better video potential.

    Also, I am biased since I routinely stream 1080p without paying for it and without a VPN.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    If the SIM ends up in any device except your 1080p phone, the feature falls off, and you have to call back and get it again.
    If you put the SIM in a 1080p or higher tablet, since those aren't throttled, idk what would happen. I am guessing the feature code would fall off but since those aren't throttled, you wouldn't notice it until you put the SIM back in a 1080p phone.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Lurker coming out of the shadows. Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful information in this thread. I went through chat earlier this week and met an extremely helpful representative who switched me from gUDP to fUDP. Then she went the extra mile: she asked whether I wanted to to a single line or planned to have multiple; I explained that my wife and I are on separate gUDPs but had been planning to consolidate; representative said it'd be better if we consolidated under fUDP (which I knew) and then made sure she took care of the plan switch and walked me through the service transfer/consolidation. Now I have a four-line fUDP (in-laws were on my wife's account with 2GB/mo plans) and a much lighter monthly bill. I hope to get Jamie the next time I need assistance with something.

    Cheers to you all for making this community a good and helpful place.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dzl23 View Post
    Lurker coming out of the shadows. Just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful information in this thread. I went through chat earlier this week and met an extremely helpful representative who switched me from gUDP to fUDP. Then she went the extra mile: she asked whether I wanted to to a single line or planned to have multiple; I explained that my wife and I are on separate gUDPs but had been planning to consolidate; representative said it'd be better if we consolidated under fUDP (which I knew) and then made sure she took care of the plan switch and walked me through the service transfer/consolidation. Now I have a four-line fUDP (in-laws were on my wife's account with 2GB/mo plans) and a much lighter monthly bill. I hope to get Jamie the next time I need assistance with something.

    Cheers to you all for making this community a good and helpful place.
    It was Jamie that flipped me, too! He's a solid dude.

    Congrats on getting flipped over. Everyone in this thread contributed a lot to help other people save some money. I'm glad they're keeping the door open even to this day.

    Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    Great thread. I'm planning on joining my family's existing plan with 3-4 more lines and am hoping to be able to get converted to fUDP when I do -- probably within the next couple weeks. Any reason to believe the fUPD WON'T still be available then?

    Thanks!

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
    Great thread. I'm planning on joining my family's existing plan with 3-4 more lines and am hoping to be able to get converted to fUDP when I do -- probably within the next couple weeks. Any reason to believe the fUPD WON'T still be available then?

    Thanks!
    It could go away any moment. Or you could already not be able to get onto it. No one really knows. Just try it whenever you're ready.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    524
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
    Great thread. I'm planning on joining my family's existing plan with 3-4 more lines and am hoping to be able to get converted to fUDP when I do -- probably within the next couple weeks. Any reason to believe the fUPD WON'T still be available then?

    Thanks!
    Being that it was difficult to get it before, yes it is less likely the longer you wait.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    It could go away any moment. Or you could already not be able to get onto it. No one really knows. Just try it whenever you're ready.
    Yeah, I guess worst case I just go with the XL or XXL plan -- both cheaper than fUDP after corporate discount.

    I'll post in this thread if I am successful whenever I finish the port over of the lines.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    In a similar boat. Thinking about porting over from T-Mo, who I have a really good deal with, and getting on FUDP. But if I can’t get on that plan it would make my decision more difficult. I just can’t see paying Beyond pricing because right now I have 5 lines so it would be a BIG price difference whereas with FUDP it’s still sorta worth the additional cost for the additional coverage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
    Great thread. I'm planning on joining my family's existing plan with 3-4 more lines and am hoping to be able to get converted to fUDP when I do -- probably within the next couple weeks. Any reason to believe the fUPD WON'T still be available then?

    Thanks!
    Phone reps can no longer do it, only chat reps. They need to switch now as in TODAY and do it by chat, plan code is 98127, The New Verizon Plan Unlimited. No telling how much longer the chat reps can do it for.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for the heads up! I should probably try to switch my family's account now even if I'm not porting for another couple weeks.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    1,327
    Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I should probably try to switch my family's account now even if I'm not porting for another couple weeks.
    Yes, that would be the obvious solution. That way it will be ready for you when you get there. No reason not to just do it now, if you have any thought of doing it. You can always flip back to some other plan, if you decide not to come on board.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    38
    Feedback Score
    0
    So not sure if anyone knows the answer but if I wanted to do the BOGO todo and try to get on FUDP, could I start with just my line and add my wife’s line once I have her with me and still get the promo? Is there a 14 day rule?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0

    Is it still possible to get the old unlimited plan from February?

    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    Yes, that would be the obvious solution. That way it will be ready for you when you get there. No reason not to just do it now, if you have any thought of doing it. You can always flip back to some other plan, if you decide not to come on board.
    Absolutely makes sense.

    I know for fUDP there is no corporate discount. But is the necessary code for the discount still on the account so if it gets switched back to L or XL in the future the discount still automatically applies? Or will I have to go through the verification process for the discount again?

    Thanks!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. Is it still possible to get a NEW v60ci from Telus?
    By ggweci in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 11:56 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2002, 05:23 AM

Bookmarks