Thread: Factory Unlocked vs. T-Mobile branded Galaxy S7/Edge?

Feedback Score

Factory Unlocked vs. T-Mobile branded Galaxy S7/Edge?

I'm looking to purchase either an S7 or S7 Edge used on Swappa or possibly eBay. The carrier I would be using it with is Tracfone with a T-Mobile compatible SIM card. From everything I've read, features such as WiFi Calling and Band 12 should work with either, but the branded one would have more bloat, and I'm not sure how Android updates would work if it's running on Tracfone.

The Factory Unlocked models that I've seen listed are more rare and people are asking more for them than the branded ones. Getting a Factory Unlocked model sounds like it would be nicer, but getting a branded one for cheaper also sounds pretty good. Any real reason not to get a branded one here? I'm guessing I would have a folder with T-Mobile apps sitting somewhere, but is there anything to be aware of other than that? The only things I'm worried about are Android updates, battery life, and performance. I've seen some reports of the carrier branded models have worse battery life, lag, etc.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    For updates, install Samsung Switch software on a pc (you won't need it on the phone), connect phone to pc via USB cable, and you can backup your phone and do the updates.

Sent from my SM-T713 using HoFo mobile app