Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Cricket announced 4 lines for $100 unlimited data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    That and the name. I’ve ran into co-workers and friends that have AT&T and would not even think about trying out cricket cause it doesn’t say “AT&T” on their phones upper left corner.

Some people will only use “AT&T” or one of the big names. Not sure if it’s pride or that they rather waste money. *Shrugs*

Cause I’m sure half, if not most, wouldn’t notice the difference between cricket and post paid AT$T so long as they were in the same native coverage. Exceptions would be posts paid roaming of course.

In fact, I ran into someone that has the $60 unlimited 3mbps deal. After I told him about cricket, he was more than happy to say that it isn’t att lol. It’s like he felt betrayed or something. This deal would be awesome for someone like him... and not like he could leave anyhow with us “loaner” phone that he pays for.
    Sure name plays some into it. It's like this. Say you were a restaurant owner. You owned 2 different locations. Your main location was Al's fine dining. Al's specialty was top tier gourmet food at top tier gourmet food pricing for top their gourmet food customers. Al's would never run a 4.99 all you can eat burrito Thursday special. That's not the market Al's is looking for. There is nothing wrong with the 4.99 burrito market, there is a lot of money even in the 4.99 burrito market, but it's not the market Al's wants for their location. So, you cater that market with your other location, Steve's 4.99 all you can eat burrito shack. A customer can get full at either place, but there are differences, at als you have a jazz band playing, at Steve's it's jazz music played through a radio, at als you get table side service, at Steve's it's take out only. Al's burritos are stuffed with cheese, Steve's have cheese in them, Al's come on a plate with sides, Steve's come wrapped in paper in a bag. Both have burritos though, both use the same beef cheese and tortillas to make, So what experience youre looking for is up to you. Al's offers more, but costs more, Steve's will fill you up, but you don't get the extra perks Al's offers. Either way as the owner of both establishments, whatever one they choose you have them covered.
    Last edited by ksych1; 11-30-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    I totally understand the need to differentiate the brands... and that's probably what's going on here. I was just curious if there could be a network capacity issue as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    TFW you can't decide if 3mbit or 8mbit qualifies as high-speed internet. This race to the bottom is just sad when other competitors are removing limitations. Poor ol' Cricket is doing its best!
    An interesting read today regarding b1geast:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/internet-trolls-are-usually-men-who-are-psychopaths-sadists-study-says-2621547

Feedback Score
    Something that concerns me in the fine print: "For existing customers who change plans, discount may not start until next billing cycle."

Does this mean 5 lines at the full $55 for the remaining 29 days of the cycle if I change all my lines when the plan is available tomorrow? Anyone have experience with this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    I've bandwidth limited my phone via my home router to 1500kbps and confirmed with a speedtest that it's in effect. So far I've streamed Youtube, watchESPN, go90 and Fox Sports Go with no issues... totally watchable, some almost at 720p level. Unless you are casting to an HDTV on LTE regularly, I don't see how this is not usable. Even web browsing and Facebook are smooth and quick... at 1.5Mbps, not to mention those would be 3Mbps. I wonder how DTVNow and others are so much different that people find it unusable? If my testing holds up, we're going from 4x5GB + 1x8GB=$110/mo to 5x unlimited for only $125/mo.
    What does it play at 480p?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phroberts View Post
    That actually does bring up a legitimate question... Is AT&T experiencing significant network capacity issues? It seems that there's a lot of moves to reduce Cricket's usage of it... Maybe to free up limited space for "real" AT&T users?
    I for one would say so more often usually now I have to call customer service because they're throttling my service.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Something that concerns me in the fine print: "For existing customers who change plans, discount may not start until next billing cycle."

Does this mean 5 lines at the full $55 for the remaining 29 days of the cycle if I change all my lines when the plan is available tomorrow? Anyone have experience with this?
    No. The earlier 5 line plan promo cost $155 for unlimited 2 plan @ 3 mb/s. This is a new promo. So if you avail this from the old promo or the unlimited @ 8 mb/s plan, you are essentially downgrading (in terms of dollars) and it won't go into effect till your next billing cycle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    What does it play at 480p?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Pretty much everything. Youtube drops to 360p if there's background data like email syncing, but that shouldn't be a problem with the real service since you have another 1.5Mb in free bandwidth remaining.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    No. The earlier 5 line plan promo cost $155 for unlimited 2 plan @ 3 mb/s. This is a new promo. So if you avail this from the old promo or the unlimited @ 8 mb/s plan, you are essentially downgrading (in terms of dollars) and it won't go into effect till your next billing cycle.
    So going from 4x5GB and 1x8GB should take effect immediately and all pricing applies ($125 total for 5 lines)? I read it as it will change your plan, but discounts don't kick in until next cycle.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    But how would they change someone on 5 lines for $155 to 5 lines for $125?
    Get $25 Cricket referral credit! Same AT&T signal for a lot less! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    But how would they change someone on 5 lines for $155 to 5 lines for $125?
    Give them $30 credit? I don't know! Cricket is a mess right now!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    An interesting read today regarding b1geast:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/internet-trol...y-says-2621547
    I don't think B1 is that bad yet but definitely headed down that dark road. I'm guessing 13-14 years old with unlimited computer access.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I don't think B1 is that bad yet but definitely headed down that dark road. I'm guessing 13-14 years old with unlimited computer access.
    What's that song about glad houses and stones?

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm that Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video work just fine on unlimited 2 when displayed on a 5.5 inch screen.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I can confirm that Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video work just fine on unlimited 2 when displayed on a 5.5 inch screen.
    What's the screen size have to do with it?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast