Thread: So how much of a kickback did hoof get?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score

So how much of a kickback did hoof get?

Pretty sure I’ll get perma banned now that corporate Canada owns hofo. But whatever I’ve only been a member since 2005 like my nick implies. Who am I to have an opinion.

This used to be a prominent place for cell enthusiasts to get together talk about new tech, service quality, troubleshoot, and yes use loopholes so the savvy can avoid obvious gouging.

I can only surmise hofo must have gotten one hell of a kickback. As to actually ban people for discussion that has taken place here for over a decade.

Really disappointed. I call on all the users of this forum to frequent it as little as your addiction will allow. Perhaps once they notice significant decrease in site hits. They will begin to remember their roots. And that attacking their user base makes them no better than Electronic Arts lol.

I just want to thank the people that shared their insight and hard work. Saved my friends and family tons over the years.

Hofo you’ll be missed. Please come back to us.

Edit: dang autocorrect changed hofo in topic to hoof lol

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't be ridiculous. How many more topics do we need on this? Personally I am tired of answering the same questions over and over. People are too f... lazy to search and read the information or they are too scared and need their hands held through the process. Not to mention people going off topic and people with reading comprehension issues.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. How many more topics do we need on this? Personally I am tired of answering the same questions over and over. People are too f... lazy to search and read the information or they are too scared and need their hands held through the process. Not to mention people going off topic and people with reading comprehension issues.
    People aren't lazy to search...they simply dont read....if one actually read the first post, one would not have to ask any questions but most of the people "can never just be sure if the info complied from years of "research" is correct" lol

Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    Pretty sure I’ll get perma banned now that corporate Canada owns hofo. But whatever I’ve only been a member since 2005 like my nick implies. Who am I to have an opinion.

This used to be a prominent place for cell enthusiasts to get together talk about new tech, service quality, troubleshoot, and yes use loopholes so the savvy can avoid obvious gouging.

I can only surmise hofo must have gotten one hell of a kickback. As to actually ban people for discussion that has taken place here for over a decade.

Really disappointed. I call on all the users of this forum to frequent it as little as your addiction will allow. Perhaps once they notice significant decrease in site hits. They will begin to remember their roots. And that attacking their user base makes them no better than Electronic Arts lol.

I just want to thank the people that shared their insight and hard work. Saved my friends and family tons over the years.

Hofo you’ll be missed. Please come back to us.

There's a saying "third time's a charm" but for people even 4 threads weren't enough as they still asked the same question.

One of the reasons why I stopped participating in the Koodo plans forum

HoFo is very much still the place for people to discuss, but one topic and same questions, how many hundreds of time need to be asked?
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $60/15GB+1GB Bonus Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    While reddit grows more and more vibrant.

Small wonder when free discussion and helpfulness seem to be discouraged.

Freudian slip?

hoof verb
    1 : to walk especially with haste
    2 : kick, trample
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hoof

moribund adjective
    1 : being in the state of dying : approaching death
    - in the moribund patient deepening stupor and coma are the usual preludes to death —Norman Cameron
    2 : being in a state of inactivity or obsolescence
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/moribund

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    There's a saying "third time's a charm" but for people even 4 threads weren't enough as they still asked the same question.

One of the reasons why I stopped participating in the Koodo plans forum

HoFo is very much still the place for people to discuss, but one topic and same questions, how many hundreds of time need to be asked?

You make some valid points. However when all future discussion is banned when some amazing loophole might occur in the future... just seams anti consumer. Pro corporate greed.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I'm closing this thread as it has nothing to do with HOFO.
    I'll make it clear that we did not receive a kickback from the big three. This was closed solely based on the moderator's decision given the comments and posts that were made in numerous threads towards forum members. If you wish to discuss please inbox myself and i will be more than happy to deal with you.
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator