Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Not true. Only in EXT-enabled / agreed upon locations. EXT in the majority (all?) of Southern Ontario is not possible. See example I gave above in north GTA.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    This is a good thing, as the network seemed to stagnate a bit under Laurence, even though he did have some consumer friendly (by big 3 standards) innovations (eg Roam Like Home).

In terms of signal in those really hard to reach places, it's really pure luck of the draw in terms of tower proximity, I carry both providers and they both have their strong and weak spots. Bellus has some embarrassingly deficient spots, as does Rogers, I really don't think one has a magic bullet for great fringe coverage compared to the other. EXT covers the rural places that it makes little sense for Rogers to invest in. As Natale noted, the day to day experience with Rogers is of a good enough quality (evidently lower churn than Bell and leading with new subs) that most are quite content, but Rogers does struggle in crowded areas where they don't plan for capacity (outside festivals, Canada Day in Ottawa this year, outside concerts). Time for more of an aggressive refarm here in the GTA on CLR and PCS frequencies as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    And in Vancouver Rogers/Fido are the only ones who work at most skytrins. Expo line, Granville
    Most skytrain stations? Canada line TELUS owns/maintains the infrastructure where Rogers and freedom lease it from TELUS for service on that line. Expo line has one stop where it doesn’t work. Get the facts straight

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    It’s 3 stops. From waterfront to stadium. Only Rogers 2G works. But at least I’ve never dropped a call there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    It’s 3 stops. From waterfront to stadium. Only Rogers 2G works. But at least I’ve never dropped a call there.

Exactly why 2gb still exists for Rogers, belus customers get no signal

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    Most skytrain stations? Canada line TELUS owns/maintains the infrastructure where Rogers and freedom lease it from TELUS for service on that line. Expo line has one stop where it doesn’t work. Get the facts straight
    Did i say Canad line, my point is rogers still dominates translink. http://vancouversun.com/business/loc...kytrain-tunnel "Consumers travelling though SkyTrain’s Dunsmuir tunnel in Downtown Vancouver will no long suffer from lost cellphone signals — but, for now, only if they are a Rogers or Fido customer."

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...638120393.html

https://twitter.com/translink/status/756498940967739394

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/02/c...eless-service/
    As before, wireless service in the tunnels is limited to Rogers and Fido, though everyone, including Telus and Koodo customers, can use the network to call 911, should the need arise.

SO my point is rogers had way more coverage at skytrainstatiosn in bc than telus and its a fact. Who cares if they rent form telus at canada line, they still have coverage do they not

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I can't wait for Rogers to start the upgrade. I'm hoping they catch up and surpass Bellus in terms of network quality.

Feedback Score
    I don't get why people become fan boys of any cell phone company. I understand location is everything so fan boys need to realize that. In General Bellus has a more robust bigger coverage then Rogers. You heard this from Rogers CEO himself, if he knew Rogers network is not as Robust why would he do what he is about to do. Fan boys get over it it's the Fact N you heard it from the Main (ceo) Person at Rogers himself

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-SE View Post
    I can't wait for Rogers to start the upgrade. I'm hoping they catch up and surpass Bellus in terms of network quality.
    They won’t be able to surpass imo. However if they keep adding a little rural coverage and massively improve in major cities they will be great since they already have ext deal so it’s a waste to invest in rural areas. They are growing a lot in subscribes and lead the big 3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    Did i say Canad line, my point is rogers still dominates translink. http://vancouversun.com/business/loc...kytrain-tunnel "Consumers travelling though SkyTrain’s Dunsmuir tunnel in Downtown Vancouver will no long suffer from lost cellphone signals — but, for now, only if they are a Rogers or Fido customer."

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...638120393.html

https://twitter.com/translink/status/756498940967739394

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/02/c...eless-service/
    As before, wireless service in the tunnels is limited to Rogers and Fido, though everyone, including Telus and Koodo customers, can use the network to call 911, should the need arise.

SO my point is rogers had way more coverage at skytrainstatiosn in bc than telus and its a fact. Who cares if they rent form telus at canada line, they still have coverage do they not

Clearly we have a Rogers fanboy here. I’m not claiming to be a fanboy of any network they both have strengths and weaknesses. You sound like you don’t even live in Vancouver or have ever used the skytrain (Canada line, expo, millennial etc). Anyone who takes the skytrain can attest to Belus works flawlessly at all stations besides one. How can Telus own and maintain the infrastructure in Canada line but how you quote (who cares if Rogers rent have the best coverage they dominated coverage.... that’s a very ambiguous statement) your argument is weak because your facts are wrong.
    Last edited by Cayaguy; 12-06-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post

Are you a Telus user? It’s one stop. Waterfront, Granville works fine. Burrard will work sometimes depending on how close you are to the exit stairs.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    Clearly we have a Rogers fanboy here. I’m not claiming to be a fanboy of any network they both have strengths and weaknesses. You sound like you don’t even live in Vancouver or have ever used the skytrain (Canada line, expo, millennial etc). Anyone who takes the skytrain can attest to Belus works flawlessly at all stations besides one. How can Telus own and maintain the infrastructure in Canada line but how you quote (who cares if Rogers rent have the best coverage they dominated coverage.... that’s a very ambiguous statement) your argument is weak because your facts are wrong.
    Not a Rogers fanboy at all. Belus I way more robust than Rogers since they have double the spending. Rogers also has **** coverage in rural be if it was not for ext. You have to be an idiot to say Telus ha a better coverage Han Rogers in Vancouver sky trains. What about the durmandsisur tunnel, my friend has Telus and it does not work there. I never said Telus does not have Canada line coverage, they do. However they don't at Granville which if your a Telus user you can go there and even check. You have to be really messed up to say belus has better reception than Rogers at translink Syrian stations.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    In fact you can event tweet at translink if you don't believe me.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Ok so I will bite. I don't like this plan at all because it means our rates will increase. Someone has to pay for all this. The LTE network is plenty fast - we need cheaper rates rather than 1 Gbps LTE with 500 mb limits. In that respect Guy Lawrence did a phenomenal job.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Ok so I will bite. I don't like this plan at all because it means our rates will increase. Someone has to pay for all this. The LTE network is plenty fast - we need cheaper rates rather than 1 Gbps LTE with 500 mb limits. In that respect Guy Lawrence did a phenomenal job.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    Very possible they do increase rates. I highly doubt it since the big 3 all have the same rates. The ceo said they will be cutting spendings on other departments so hopefully it won’t effect the customers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast