Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vaughan
    Posts
    1,158
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not true. Only in EXT-enabled / agreed upon locations. EXT in the majority (all?) of Southern Ontario is not possible. See example I gave above in north GTA.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    178
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is a good thing, as the network seemed to stagnate a bit under Laurence, even though he did have some consumer friendly (by big 3 standards) innovations (eg Roam Like Home).

    In terms of signal in those really hard to reach places, it's really pure luck of the draw in terms of tower proximity, I carry both providers and they both have their strong and weak spots. Bellus has some embarrassingly deficient spots, as does Rogers, I really don't think one has a magic bullet for great fringe coverage compared to the other. EXT covers the rural places that it makes little sense for Rogers to invest in. As Natale noted, the day to day experience with Rogers is of a good enough quality (evidently lower churn than Bell and leading with new subs) that most are quite content, but Rogers does struggle in crowded areas where they don't plan for capacity (outside festivals, Canada Day in Ottawa this year, outside concerts). Time for more of an aggressive refarm here in the GTA on CLR and PCS frequencies as well.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    147
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    And in Vancouver Rogers/Fido are the only ones who work at most skytrins. Expo line, Granville
    Most skytrain stations? Canada line TELUS owns/maintains the infrastructure where Rogers and freedom lease it from TELUS for service on that line. Expo line has one stop where it doesn’t work. Get the facts straight

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    224
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    It’s 3 stops. From waterfront to stadium. Only Rogers 2G works. But at least I’ve never dropped a call there.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    It’s 3 stops. From waterfront to stadium. Only Rogers 2G works. But at least I’ve never dropped a call there.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly why 2gb still exists for Rogers, belus customers get no signal

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    Most skytrain stations? Canada line TELUS owns/maintains the infrastructure where Rogers and freedom lease it from TELUS for service on that line. Expo line has one stop where it doesn’t work. Get the facts straight
    Did i say Canad line, my point is rogers still dominates translink. http://vancouversun.com/business/loc...kytrain-tunnel "Consumers travelling though SkyTrain’s Dunsmuir tunnel in Downtown Vancouver will no long suffer from lost cellphone signals — but, for now, only if they are a Rogers or Fido customer."

    http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...638120393.html

    https://twitter.com/translink/status/756498940967739394

    https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/02/c...eless-service/
    As before, wireless service in the tunnels is limited to Rogers and Fido, though everyone, including Telus and Koodo customers, can use the network to call 911, should the need arise.

    SO my point is rogers had way more coverage at skytrainstatiosn in bc than telus and its a fact. Who cares if they rent form telus at canada line, they still have coverage do they not

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    1,384
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can't wait for Rogers to start the upgrade. I'm hoping they catch up and surpass Bellus in terms of network quality.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,442
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't get why people become fan boys of any cell phone company. I understand location is everything so fan boys need to realize that. In General Bellus has a more robust bigger coverage then Rogers. You heard this from Rogers CEO himself, if he knew Rogers network is not as Robust why would he do what he is about to do. Fan boys get over it it's the Fact N you heard it from the Main (ceo) Person at Rogers himself

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-SE View Post
    I can't wait for Rogers to start the upgrade. I'm hoping they catch up and surpass Bellus in terms of network quality.
    They won’t be able to surpass imo. However if they keep adding a little rural coverage and massively improve in major cities they will be great since they already have ext deal so it’s a waste to invest in rural areas. They are growing a lot in subscribes and lead the big 3.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    147
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceclutch View Post
    Did i say Canad line, my point is rogers still dominates translink. http://vancouversun.com/business/loc...kytrain-tunnel "Consumers travelling though SkyTrain’s Dunsmuir tunnel in Downtown Vancouver will no long suffer from lost cellphone signals — but, for now, only if they are a Rogers or Fido customer."

    http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...638120393.html

    https://twitter.com/translink/status/756498940967739394

    https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/02/c...eless-service/
    As before, wireless service in the tunnels is limited to Rogers and Fido, though everyone, including Telus and Koodo customers, can use the network to call 911, should the need arise.

    SO my point is rogers had way more coverage at skytrainstatiosn in bc than telus and its a fact. Who cares if they rent form telus at canada line, they still have coverage do they not


    Clearly we have a Rogers fanboy here. I’m not claiming to be a fanboy of any network they both have strengths and weaknesses. You sound like you don’t even live in Vancouver or have ever used the skytrain (Canada line, expo, millennial etc). Anyone who takes the skytrain can attest to Belus works flawlessly at all stations besides one. How can Telus own and maintain the infrastructure in Canada line but how you quote (who cares if Rogers rent have the best coverage they dominated coverage.... that’s a very ambiguous statement) your argument is weak because your facts are wrong.
    Last edited by Cayaguy; 12-06-2017 at 10:44 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    147
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    It’s 3 stops. From waterfront to stadium. Only Rogers 2G works. But at least I’ve never dropped a call there.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Are you a Telus user? It’s one stop. Waterfront, Granville works fine. Burrard will work sometimes depending on how close you are to the exit stairs.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayaguy View Post
    Clearly we have a Rogers fanboy here. I’m not claiming to be a fanboy of any network they both have strengths and weaknesses. You sound like you don’t even live in Vancouver or have ever used the skytrain (Canada line, expo, millennial etc). Anyone who takes the skytrain can attest to Belus works flawlessly at all stations besides one. How can Telus own and maintain the infrastructure in Canada line but how you quote (who cares if Rogers rent have the best coverage they dominated coverage.... that’s a very ambiguous statement) your argument is weak because your facts are wrong.
    Not a Rogers fanboy at all. Belus I way more robust than Rogers since they have double the spending. Rogers also has **** coverage in rural be if it was not for ext. You have to be an idiot to say Telus ha a better coverage Han Rogers in Vancouver sky trains. What about the durmandsisur tunnel, my friend has Telus and it does not work there. I never said Telus does not have Canada line coverage, they do. However they don't at Granville which if your a Telus user you can go there and even check. You have to be really messed up to say belus has better reception than Rogers at translink Syrian stations.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    In fact you can event tweet at translink if you don't believe me.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,337
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok so I will bite. I don't like this plan at all because it means our rates will increase. Someone has to pay for all this. The LTE network is plenty fast - we need cheaper rates rather than 1 Gbps LTE with 500 mb limits. In that respect Guy Lawrence did a phenomenal job.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    127
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Ok so I will bite. I don't like this plan at all because it means our rates will increase. Someone has to pay for all this. The LTE network is plenty fast - we need cheaper rates rather than 1 Gbps LTE with 500 mb limits. In that respect Guy Lawrence did a phenomenal job.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app
    Very possible they do increase rates. I highly doubt it since the big 3 all have the same rates. The ceo said they will be cutting spendings on other departments so hopefully it won’t effect the customers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do you spend on wireless every month?
    By shinygirl in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 12:55 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
  3. i730: Can you get to the downloads on wireless web?
    By theqase in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 09:36 PM
  5. $0.02 to view the "Go To Site" page on Wireless Web
    By TELUSMobilityGuy in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-08-2002, 09:25 PM

Bookmarks