Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers to Hike Spending On Wireless Netowkr

That’s good to hear. I just wish they’d show some love in parts of Vaughan, King, and especially Schomberg where it’s horrible. We have friends there and every time we visit, my wife complains because her phone is essentially a paperweight there. They got approval from the city to install a tower near the Tristan Centre several years ago and I don’t recall them facing any backlash from any NIMBYs so I have no idea why it was never done.

Even at home she’s been complaining more than usual and she’s not one to care much. Maybe she’s getting closer to finally giving up on Rogers...I’ve been wanting to switch her to Telus for a while.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Its good to see that Rogers isn't going to effectively allow their business to be eaten up by Bellus. They should really build out and push for fixed wireless at the same time.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    An updated statement from Joe Natale can be found at the link below. I found the following interesting...Rogers is finally going to densify their network...

“We have signed key strategic agreements with more to come, and plans are underway to deploy thousands of small cells,” said Natale. “We’re working with Ericsson, the North American 5G partner of choice, to densify our network with small and macro cell sites.”

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/19/r...ployment-plan/

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Galaxy S9, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    @toolcube, that won't help your wife in the Schomberg, ON area -- densification won't help if there are no Rogers towers to begin with in your area.

I don't understand why she stays on Rogers. Is she getting a great discount or something?

Sent from my SM-G960W using HoFo mobile app
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
    chatr: $60 Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Trust me. I’ve been trying to get her to switch but she seems happy enough with Rogers. She’s reluctant to switch because she’s been with Rogers her entire life. She has unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited global text, preferred rate long distance (98% off regular LD rates globally), and 4GB data for $40.

By the way, we don’t live in Schomberg. We live in the Cityview Blvd and Teston Rd area in Woodbridge. Interestingly enough, Rogers confirmed that they’re seeking approval from the City of of Vaughan to mount new antennas on one of the buildings along Cityview...so she may get better service soon. Also, Rogers re-submitted an application to install a shrouded tri-pole next to the Trisan Centre in Schomberg, which was approved by the city this past January. So Schomberg residents are finally going to get much needed improved service too.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Trust me. I’ve been trying to get her to switch but she seems happy enough with Rogers. She’s reluctant to switch because she’s been with Rogers her entire life. She has unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited global text, preferred rate long distance (98% off regular LD rates globally), and 4GB data for $40.

By the way, we don’t live in Schomberg. We live in the Cityview Blvd and Teston Rd area in Woodbridge. Interestingly enough, Rogers confirmed that they’re seeking approval from the City of of Vaughan to mount new antennas on one of the buildings along Cityview...so she may get better service soon. Also, Rogers re-submitted an application to install a shrouded tri-pole next to the Trisan Centre in Schomberg, which was approved by the city this past January. So Schomberg residents are finally going to get much needed improved service too.
    Nice! Gotta love upgrades. Also that plan sounds like a crazy good deal. No wonder she won’t switch.

Feedback Score
    Interesting to note from a conference while back, the Shaw CEO said he wanted to work with Rogers and share backbone in the west and east for 5g. But nothing was in the work with Rogers according to him. If it does happen I’d imagine that being a big win for freedom/Shaw and a bad deal for Rogers. Unless Shaw pays Rogers good, since Rogers has the upper hand in terms of network.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers confirmed several weeks ago that they don’t currently have any intentions of signing a network sharing agreement with Shaw/Freedom at this time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4