Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Wi-Fi calling is here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    I am not going to dig through and find it, but I recall multiple people saying this. I did come across something interesting though when checking to see if a SIM that came from Best Buy with 20% off was good. When I go to activate it it says:

Phone Number
    (XXX) XXX-XXX
    Plan Name
    Unlimited 2
    Add-On Features
    Voice over LTE

The IMEI I am using is for an Amp 2. This phone is not listed with VoLTE. It is close to dead and I have other things going on, but I am willing to burn the SIM card later and let you know my findings. Need to see if it is already working with my current and compare what happens. I took a screen grab too.
    I didn't end up activating another SIM. I called 611 and my signal never changed from LTE on the Galaxy Amp 2. I tested speeds while I was connected to the call and my upload speeds were still around 10Mb. I tried the same thing with my Note 8 and the icon went to H+ and the upload speeds were less than 2Mb. I guess I could swap the SIM and see if that changes anything, but the Note 8 is in a case that is a real **** pain to pull apart. It isn't something that really gets me excited one way or the other, so I am just going to leave it alone. Checking my account though here are my features. Does anyone with an officially supported phone have VoLTE as a feature?

Unlimited data in US, Canada, and Mexico
    Data speed limited to max of 3 Mbps
    Video streaming at SD quality (about 480p), max of 1.5 Mbps
    After 22 GB of data usage, Cricket may slow speeds temporarily during periods of network congestion
    Caller ID
    Unlimited MMS International to Mexico
    Unlimited Voice roaming in Mexico and Canada
    Enhanced Voicemail
    Call Forwarding
    Text Messaging
    Call Waiting
    Unlimited SMS International
    Unlimited Voice International to Mexico
    Unlimited Voice International to Canada
    Unlimited MMS International to Canada
    Three-Way Calling
    Unlimited SMS roaming in Mexico and Canada
    Picture Messaging
    Unlimited MMS roaming in Mexico and Canada

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    The u1 doesn't have wifi calling built in...you would need to try the at&t version
    Well it works natively for T-Mobile so the functionality exists, just not for Cricket/AT&T. I might give the AT&T firmware a try before I clean wipe my phone before the stable Oreo update.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7+ and Ipad Mini 4 + Iphone SE + Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked on Oreo
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile by Comcast-VZW, T-mobile :{ , Cricket :[ , Verizon Prepaid, Metro Pcs, US MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    iPhone 6 has the capability now on cricket
    "Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"
    Metro PCS $60
    Unlimited 4G LTE
    Unlimited T & Txt
    VOLTE
    Wifi Hotspot
    35 GB of LTE
    Wifi Calling

US MOBILE - SUPER LTE (VZW) $61Unlimited inet,t,txt, HS, wifi calling coming soon
    "Service has been amazing and easy to setup, it runs on native vzw"
    AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 - Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, X-Mobile 6/17 - 12/17 - US Mobile 12/17 & M.PCS 12/17 - Pres.

Feedback Score
    Is MMS supposed to work with WiFi calling?

With my iPhone se WiFi calling and sms work fine but MMS (not iMessages) fails to send when connected to WiFi calling only (No cell signal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me where I can get the cricket carrier file so I can install on my jail broken iPhone thank you

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawk941 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can get the cricket carrier file so I can install on my jail broken iPhone thank you
    If I remember correctly (and checked on a few areas on Reddit), you'll still get the appropriate carrier settings update, even if your phone is jailbroken. However, if you're an OS behind, you'll only get the latest carrier settings update that your OS supports. In other words, you can't take an iOS 11-era carrier settings update and apply it to an older version of iOS.

A search of "carrier settings for jailbroken iphone" on Google yields a lot of posts on the subject.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    Is MMS supposed to work with WiFi calling?

With my iPhone se WiFi calling and sms work fine but MMS (not iMessages) fails to send when connected to WiFi calling only (No cell signal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    in android devices if wifi calling is activated all services will route to wifi not on LTE unless wifi is out of range, that is due to battery saving mode in android if the phone will use both wifi cand LTE your phone constantly search for both signal and drains the battery fast.. I suppose iphones should have similar interconnections with wifi calling.. the reason maybe your mms will not route to wifi is because the APN itself is messed up try to change your APN settings.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11