Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the thread about tethering warnings etc?

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

What happened to the thread about tethering warnings etc?

Above. Or was it inside another thread?

Feedback Score
    Looks like it's gone: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...llegal-hotspot

From looking at my email updates from the thread it got political/personal and must have been waxed.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Users began going at each other and bring up politics and trolling. Best to just leave it be, but please feel free to begin a new thread if you come up with further evidence at the actual subject at hand with the warnings.
    I don't like phones... I'm in it for the data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    That would explain it, I guess. I missed those replies , but was interested in the topic.

It's just odd to me in that we've all seen closed threads,etc, and I'm probably wrong, but at least in the past, the thread typically was still there, but marked closed. This one has been.totally obliterated.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    That would explain it, I guess. I missed those replies , but was interested in the topic.

It's just odd to me in that we've all seen closed threads,etc, and I'm probably wrong, but at least in the past, the thread typically was still there, but marked closed. This one has been.totally obliterated.
    I agree that is very strange, like you said, threads are usually just closed to additional responses but can still be viewed. Makes we wonder if Howardforums received a request to delete the thread.

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping it was all BS!!!!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Anyone aware of this type of deletion occurring before?

Feedback Score
    ummm yes, in the old days of Cooter and Chazz, it would occur on a daily basis. The mods were relentless

Feedback Score
    just recently there was a topic in the metropcs forum about the free year amazon prime promo, and it got completely deleted

Feedback Score
    Lazy moderation. Close the thread, clean it up and warn the users to cut it out or issue a temp ban. Just deleting a thread like that with good information isn't helpful to the community.

Feedback Score
    Totally agree and I used to say that. And then I think they gave me a week suspension for questioning author-i-tayy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    Users began going at each other and bring up politics and trolling. Best to just leave it be, but please feel free to begin a new thread if you come up with further evidence at the actual subject at hand with the warnings.
    To be more succinct, our local favorite troll b1geast and his alter ego sharp99 was clogging that thread with nonsense as usual. It's not just users going at each other. It was our local troll (with his many accounts) against other people.

I'm really amazed that b1geast / sharp99 gets away with this stuff...but it's just a prepaid forum after all, shouldn't have a need to worry about this stuff on a prepaid forum lol.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    To be more succinct, our local favorite troll b1geast and his alter ego sharp99 was clogging that thread with nonsense as usual. It's not just users going at each other. It was our local troll (with his many accounts) against other people.

I'm really amazed that b1geast / sharp99 gets away with this stuff...but it's just a prepaid forum after all, shouldn't have a need to worry about this stuff on a prepaid forum lol.
    Trolling aside, when “good” info is deleted, that sucks.

I’ve started taking screen shots of posts of interests. In case they disappear, I still have the info.

Feedback Score
    I've been tethering on the 40 for about two years every time I go up to my cabin. Headed up for a little late season bow hunting next week so I should find out for myself if there's any truth to this unauthorized tethering rumor. I use hotspot with a Verizon Prepaid Galaxy S4 and a Metro ZPro.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I've been tethering on the 40 for about two years every time I go up to my cabin. Headed up for a little late season bow hunting next week so I should find out for myself if there's any truth to this unauthorized tethering rumor. I use hotspot with a Verizon Prepaid Galaxy S4 and a Metro ZPro.
    We're you on cricket?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast