Thread: Help unlock Sprint Zing hotspot (Netgear AC771s) was on RingPlus (out of business)

Feedback Score

Help unlock Sprint Zing hotspot (Netgear AC771s) was on RingPlus (out of business)

Help.. How do you unlock a pre-owned, deactivated, Sprint Zing (Netgear AC771s) mobile hotspot, last active on RingPlus ??

The last owner had this Sprint Zing hotspot activated on RingPlus (the famous Sprint MVNO that went out of business a few months ago), according to the press release, all the RingPlus customers were automatically eligible to open an account on Ting and get Sprint service there. From what I understand, the previous owner of this Sprint Zing hotspot didn't open a Ting account.

Anyway, this hotspot is made to work on something like 200 mobile network opeartors worldwide, it supports some LTE bands, CDMA, several 3G UMTS bands, and four 2G GSM. It needs a SIM for all but 3G CDMA. To get the most out of it, the best thing to do is to unlock this hotspot for use on other, non-Sprint, mobile networks.

I checked the MEID and this Sprint Zing is NOT blocked due to financial, lost, or stolen. It's paid off and is old enough that it has served its minimum time on Sprint to be now eligible for a domestic SIM unlock for use on other mobile networks.

I've heard about the DSU (domestic SIM unlock) and MSL (master subsidy lock).

I'm not a sprint customer. I'm a customer of FreedomPop, which as you probably know, is an MVNO which runs on the Sprint network, plus AT&T and T-Mobile. However, trying to activate this hotspot, on the FP online portal, failed. FP customer service is very slow at replying to support request messages on their forum.

How do I get my Sprint Zing Netgear AC771s to activate on Sprint (free or very cheap - FP has or had a 0.99 activation deal, some say it's still on, others say it's no longer available) and once activated, how do you unlock it, so that I can freely choose to use it with domestic SIM, international SIM ?!?

Feedback Score
    the hotspot device may need to be active on sprint network for so many months before it is eligible for unlocking. try contacting sprint themselves and see what they say.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    Help.. How do you unlock a pre-owned, deactivated, Sprint Zing (Netgear AC771s) mobile hotspot, last active on RingPlus ??

I've heard about the DSU (domestic SIM unlock) and MSL (master subsidy lock).

I'm not a sprint customer. I'm a customer of FreedomPop, which as you probably know, is an MVNO which runs on the Sprint network, plus AT&T and T-Mobile. However, trying to activate this hotspot, on the FP online portal, failed. FP customer service is very slow at replying to support request messages on their forum.

How do I get my Sprint Zing Netgear AC771s to activate on Sprint (free or very cheap - FP has or had a 0.99 activation deal, some say it's still on, others say it's no longer available) and once activated, how do you unlock it, so that I can freely choose to use it with domestic SIM, international SIM ?!?
    www.freedompop.com/byodpromo9

Activating on FreedomPop probably won't help you unlock it albeit you could get the MSL by having it activated on FreedomPop or Ting. If you just want free service on FreedomPop, then that works. Make sure that you are entering the MEID (HEX) and not the MEID (DEC) or IMEI. The IMEI is just the MEID (HEX) with an added checksum digit at the end. The BYOD Checker doesn't like the extra digit or MEID (DEC).