Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: 2 questions re: tracfone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0

    2 questions re: tracfone

    I bought a tracfone LG 306G a couple of months ago. If anyone is familiar with this model:

    1. Last night, for no apparent reason, the screen lit up blue with logo, flickered, then turned itself off and back on.
    Would this be a serious problem or just a minor glitch?
    I contacted LG support and was told they have no way of knowing what could have caused it. I'm hoping the phone isn't getting ready to blow out.

    2. The only difficulty I've had is I can't figure out how to delete images- I've taken pictures that I don't need to keep permanently, but don't see any delete option. No info on this in the user's manual either.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    p.s. they said I should do a factory reset, which would wipe out everything. The follow-up email said I'd need to use the Google info that I used to sign up- but I didn't use any. I have the feeling if I try factory reset I'd be locked out of the phone.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,443
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist1 View Post
    I bought a tracfone LG 306G a couple of months ago. If anyone is familiar with this model:

    1. Last night, for no apparent reason, the screen lit up blue with logo, flickered, then turned itself off and back on.
    Would this be a serious problem or just a minor glitch?
    I contacted LG support and was told they have no way of knowing what could have caused it. I'm hoping the phone isn't getting ready to blow out.

    2. The only difficulty I've had is I can't figure out how to delete images- I've taken pictures that I don't need to keep permanently, but don't see any delete option. No info on this in the user's manual either.
    1. It could be either.
    2. Below was the FIRST result when I did a Google search for your question. Does it work?
    http://tracfone.devicebits.com/tracf...20306G&ttype=I
    LG 306G
    Delete-Pictures Tutorial
    1 From the main screen, tap the "Applications" icon.
    2 Slide your finger from right to left, then tap the "File Manager" icon.
    Note: If the file you want to delete is not in phone memory, tap the "SD Card" icon.
    3 Tap "Pictures."
    4 Select the album with the picture you want to delete.
    5 Tap the picture you want to delete.
    6 Tap "Delete," then tap "Yes" to confirm.
    7 To return to the main screen, press the HOME key.
    8 Congratulations, you've finished this tutorial.
    Vzw-$9.99/mo+$0.25/min 1999-2001
    PagePlus-2001-2015
    LycaMobile-v1 2013-2016
    Selectel-2013-2015
    Puppy-2014
    Tracfone-2015-2016
    TruPhone-2015-
    Red Pocket-2016-2017
    Piranha-2016-
    FreedomPop-GSM 2016-
    T-Mo-Data 2017-

    Ericsson AF738 Jul01-Dec03
    Qualcomm QCP 2760 Dec03-Feb08
    LG VX-8600 Feb08-Apr10
    Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 Apr10-Nov11
    HTC Droid Inc ADR6300 (CM7.2) Nov11-Jun13
    HTC Droid Inc 2 ADR6350 (CM7.2) Jun13-May15
    LG G2 VS980 (Rooted) May15-Apr17
    LG Phoenix 2 Mar17-

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,443
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist1 View Post
    p.s. they said I should do a factory reset, which would wipe out everything. The follow-up email said I'd need to use the Google info that I used to sign up- but I didn't use any. I have the feeling if I try factory reset I'd be locked out of the phone.
    I don't think a LG 306G would be tied to Google at all. Also, I don't think a factory reset would cause you to be locked out of the phone. But I wouldn't recommend a factory reset yet.

    There is also a chat link at the bottom of the page I linked above. That looks like a TF-owned website, so you might try chatting with them about 1.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't think a LG 306G would be tied to Google at all. Also, I don't think a factory reset would cause you to be locked out of the phone. But I wouldn't recommend a factory reset yet.

    There is also a chat link at the bottom of the page I linked above. That looks like a TF-owned website, so you might try chatting with them about 1.
    Thank you for this advice. The person on the chat said this does occur occasionally, and doesn't mean there's a problem with the phone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    1. It could be either.
    2. Below was the FIRST result when I did a Google search for your question. Does it work?
    http://tracfone.devicebits.com/tracf...20306G&ttype=I
    LG 306G
    Delete-Pictures Tutorial
    1 From the main screen, tap the "Applications" icon.
    2 Slide your finger from right to left, then tap the "File Manager" icon.
    Note: If the file you want to delete is not in phone memory, tap the "SD Card" icon.
    3 Tap "Pictures."
    4 Select the album with the picture you want to delete.
    5 Tap the picture you want to delete.
    6 Tap "Delete," then tap "Yes" to confirm.
    7 To return to the main screen, press the HOME key.
    8 Congratulations, you've finished this tutorial.
    It's not a huge problem but this doesn't work because the main screen doesn't even have an applications icon.
    I checked settings, but nothing relevant there either.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,443
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist1 View Post
    It's not a huge problem but this doesn't work because the main screen doesn't even have an applications icon.
    I checked settings, but nothing relevant there either.
    Maybe you could go back to chat on the site I linked above to see if the chat rep would have any suggestions? It's strange, because that page is specifically set up for your TF LG 306G. At least that's the way that page is labeled. Does the picture on that page look like your phone? Are you sure there is no icon that looks like the Apps icon pictured there?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Maybe you could go back to chat on the site I linked above to see if the chat rep would have any suggestions? It's strange, because that page is specifically set up for your TF LG 306G. At least that's the way that page is labeled. Does the picture on that page look like your phone? Are you sure there is no icon that looks like the Apps icon pictured there?
    OK, I'll check with chat when I have free time.
    The phone in the picture is like mine, but the icon on main screen is 'settings.' Nothing relevant there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist1 View Post
    It's not a huge problem but this doesn't work because the main screen doesn't even have an applications icon.
    I checked settings, but nothing relevant there either.
    Hi Sunkist1,
    My name is AlecTrac. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your inbox. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    4,562
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist1 View Post
    OK, I'll check with chat when I have free time.
    The phone in the picture is like mine, but the icon on main screen is 'settings.' Nothing relevant there.
    Makes no sense there would not be an Applications icon below the screen. Those can't be edited like the screen icons can. My 306G is the same as in the tutorial picture. Phone-Contacts-Messages-Applications.

    Is there a Pictures icon on one of the home screens? You can also add a File Manager icon. Pictures can be deleted from either app.

    CSRs have never been helpful for phone specific details.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    297
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have the stock Android gallery app, open it up.

    Browse the gallery until you find the pic you wish to delete.

    Tap on the pic and a delete (trash can) icon should appear.

    Tap the trash can icon to delete the pic.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,443
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Makes no sense there would not be an Applications icon below the screen. Those can't be edited like the screen icons can. My 306G is the same as in the tutorial picture. Phone-Contacts-Messages-Applications.

    Is there a Pictures icon on one of the home screens? You can also add a File Manager icon. Pictures can be deleted from either app.

    CSRs have never been helpful for phone specific details.
    Yes, it is confusing how Sunkist1 isn't seeing what's in the tutorial. thanks for verifying that your LG 306G operates as described in the tutorial.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,443
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    If you have the stock Android gallery app, open it up.

    Browse the gallery until you find the pic you wish to delete.

    Tap on the pic and a delete (trash can) icon should appear.

    Tap the trash can icon to delete the pic.
    How would a LG 306G have an Android gallery app? I didn't think the LG 306G was an Android phone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,130
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Based on his many informative posts about the 306G in the past, no one knows the 306G better than Loboheeler.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,443
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Based on his many informative posts about the 306G in the past, no one knows the 306G better than Loboheeler.
    Well, there you go! Sunkist1 should probably double or triple check what they are seeing on their LG 306G...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question re: Nokia 8390 on Rogers
    By nickpowers101 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-11-2002, 04:49 PM
  2. upgrade question re plan...
    By nickpowers101 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 09:47 PM
  3. CSD/GPRS Questions re: WAP
    By MitzEclipse in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 06:58 PM
  4. question re: Mike $30 offer
    By Calvin in forum TELUS Mobility
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2002, 10:59 PM
  5. Question re: v.66
    By FP^.^ in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2001, 06:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks