Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Smartphone Suggestions

Feedback Score

New Smartphone Suggestions

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone with only 16GB of memory. I would like to upgrade but also don't want to spend a ton of money. I don't need (or really want) a $1,000 phone. What I am looking for is:

1. A phone with more memory. I have a external card in it but many of the apps won't save on it. Phone is always almost full.

2. Better camera. The phone does not take quality pictures so I would like something better.

3. I would like a bigger screen. This isn't a deal-breaker but I definitely don't want to go smaller then what I currently have (5.2").

4. Reliable

5. Good call quality/reception.

I'm not opposed to any brand and also not against buying refurbished.

Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pmsmith2032 View Post
    I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone with only 16GB of memory. I would like to upgrade but also don't want to spend a ton of money. I don't need (or really want) a $1,000 phone. What I am looking for is:

1. A phone with more memory. I have a external card in it but many of the apps won't save on it. Phone is always almost full.

2. Better camera. The phone does not take quality pictures so I would like something better.

3. I would like a bigger screen. This isn't a deal-breaker but I definitely don't want to go smaller then what I currently have (5.2").

4. Reliable

Thanks in advance!
    Go with a refurbished or like new S7 Edge. Still a flagship phone, still extremely competitive. You're already familiar with Samsung. Easy transition. Slightly larger screen than what you have.

Feedback Score
    Search the internet. I've seen this one for $180.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorol...?skuId=5762700

Feedback Score
    Thanks! How would the Motorola G5 Plus compare to the Samsung Galaxy S5 I currently have?

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

4. Reliable

Thanks in advance!
    I am using a gs5, also. Not seeing anything interesting right now. They discontinued the big zenfone. I would have probably gotten that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wonder why no one has mentioned the Google Pixel ?

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Also a great choice. I mentioned Samsung due to the OP's prior experience with the Galaxy.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thanks all. I would prefer to spend less then what I am seeing the Samsung S7 Edges are selling for ($449 was cheapest I found from a reputable source). How does the Motorola G5 Plus compare to the Samsung S5 I have now? Is the camera better? Will it be as fast (or faster)? As reliable?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    I bought the Pixel XL on Cyber Monday from Verizon for $5 a month. If you don't mind staying on Verizon for 2 years it's a great
    phone, the best Android in my opinion. No bloatware, and instant updates to the OS. As soon as I activated it and powered up I was upgraded to the latest Oreo 8.1 update. The camera is the best anywhere. Verizon is selling the Pixel 2 right now for $14.58 per month.
    Awesome phone.

Feedback Score
    Go with an iPhone 7+. You can get a good price on a new one and ios is much better than Android.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Go with an iPhone 7+. You can get a good price on a new one and ios is much better than Android.
    That's a matter of opinion. Android has surpassed iOS in popularity, and Microsoft is now cool again, Apple is no longer the "it" brand.

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

4. Reliable

Thanks in advance!
    You are in the Verizon forum so I presume you are a Verizon customer.
    Right now you can get $300 off the Pixel 2 ($349) and the Pixel 2 XL ($549).
    The LG G6 can be had for $528 on Verizon.
    You might also check Swappa and they have the Essential PH-1 (new) for about $400.

I own the LG G6 (Unlocked) and an Essential PH-1.

The Pixel 2 is a good deal at $349.
    You better act fast.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    My son is one of those Apple disciples. Every time he gets a new iPhone and starts bragging about all it's features, I tell him that my Androids have been doing that for the past five years and are not near as restrictive either. Keep drinking the iPhone Kool-Aid.

Feedback Score
    I was looking around and found g6's as low as high 300's on ebay.

If you did want to get it from Verizon to add to tec_head - the phone is 528 but you also get a $100 visa gift card it appears.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    That's a matter of opinion. Android has surpassed iOS in popularity, and Microsoft is now cool again, Apple is no longer the "it" brand.
    Apple is the “it” brand. The reason most folks buy Android phones is because the phone hardware costs less. In reality, most of the folks buying Android in China, India, and other countries that significantly outnumber the U.S. in population, do so because they can’t afford technically superior Apple products. If they could afford Apple, they would buy it because of the superiority of the iOS operating system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast