Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket replacing Rewards with new "Ad It Up" program?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score

Cricket replacing Rewards with new "Ad It Up" program?

Looks like Cricket is introducing a new points and rewards system.

Ad It Up is a new app from Cricket Wireless that lets you lower your phone bill or receive cool gifts by viewing targeted ads on your lock screen.

Indicate if you like an ad by swiping left or right on it, or tap to read more. Each time you unlock your phone and see an ad, you can earn points by swiping left or right on the ad. You can use these points for Cricket Bill Credits and other perks. View ads, earn points, save money. It’s that easy!
    View more details at the Google play store (states it will only be available for Android users with 4.0 or above - It is not available for iPhone, Blackberry OS, or Windows phones).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adfone.cricket

Also, Zendesk has a FAQ section
    https://cricket-aditup.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

The developer is listed as http://adfone.com/

Name:  cricket wireless Ad it Up.png
Views: 1702
Size:  109.9 KB
    Name:  cricket wireless Ad it Up2.png
Views: 1765
Size:  215.4 KB
    Name:  cricket wireless Ad it Up3.png
Views: 1690
Size:  107.7 KB
    Name:  cricket wireless Ad it Up4.png
Views: 1605
Size:  229.4 KB
    Name:  cricket wireless Ad it Up5.png
Views: 1592
Size:  149.8 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hmm
    Interesting. I doubt Apple will allow something like that on iPhones.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ads on the lock screen. Hell no!

Feedback Score
    If it's opt in that's ok.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, hypersensitive, crass, immoral psychopathic traitor, narcissist liar committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    Does this affect my current Cricket Rewards balance? I have around 100k I am cashing in as my bill can handle the credits.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Does this affect my current Cricket Rewards balance? I have around 100k I am cashing in as my bill can handle the credits.
    Yes cash in before the end date.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    Hmm
    Interesting. I doubt Apple will allow something like that on iPhones.
    Nope, never. For Android users only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Yes cash in before the end date.
    Im aware of that. I meant can I be enrolled in both or will it kill my current points? I get at least 1450 a day per line and plan on gaming that until the bitter end.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Im aware of that. I meant can I be enrolled in both or will it kill my current points? I get at least 1450 a day per line and plan on gaming that until the bitter end.
    You need to cash out or you will lose the points. This is a totally different rewards program and completely unrelated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    You need to cash out or you will lose the points. This is a totally different rewards program and completely unrelated.
    I'm cashing them out as I they can be applied to my account. Last time it didn't put me in negative and then I miss out on the extra points from autopay. I'm asking if I can have both or if signing up may jeopardize my currently balance or ability to earn more until the end. I don't like the whole lock screen advertisement notion, so I may not even do it unless I can score a lot of points.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm cashing them out as I they can be applied to my account. Last time it didn't put me in negative and then I miss out on the extra points from autopay. I'm asking if I can have both or if signing up may jeopardize my currently balance or ability to earn more until the end. I don't like the whole lock screen advertisement notion, so I may not even do it unless I can score a lot of points.
    I believe this Ad It Up app doesn't officially launch until Feb 26th 2018 -- after the closing of the old rewards program.

Feedback Score
    most of the ad reward programs like this are not worth the trouble.

this one seems to use your data so that alone is a big problem unless on an unlimited plan.

the kindle has one where you get a reduced price of the device for ads on the lock screen. the kindle this is on has free 3g so data use is not a problem. this is the only one i know that is worth it because the ads are not intrusive and you don't need to swipe any ads.

boost has one called boost dealz and it is not worth it from what i have read.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post

this one seems to use your data so that alone is a big problem unless on an unlimited plan.

the kindle has one where you get a reduced price of the device for ads on the lock screen. the kindle this is on has free 3g so data use is not a problem. this is the only one i know that is worth it because the ads are not intrusive and you don't need to swipe any ads.

Well it’s an optional app that installs ads on the home screen. To gain points by viewing you have to swipe the ads.

Seems silly and how many points will an add give? Would it be worth the time and effort is they question.

Feedback Score
    Anyone heard mention of what or if any Referral Bonus programs will continue? The main reason I have stuck with Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post

Amazon offers discounts on some phones like this too. E4 and $30 savings comes to mind. I don't know how intrusive or if it can be disabled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast