Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Old Mobley Plan Caution

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    288
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
    What did you do to get it fixed? I'm in a similar situation. They changed my plan without getting my consent. Who did you talk to?
    How did your plan get changed? Did you add or alter something else?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    157
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had to put the sim back in a mobley and ask them to do the inactive request. The first one got denied so make sure it's in the mobley. Also it was from the connected car department supervisor not the main customer service. It took me a while to get it fixed.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Device(s)
    Mogul
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    How did your plan get changed? Did you add or alter something else?
    I made the mistake of going to the store. I hadn't read this thread before that so I was easy prey for them.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Device(s)
    Mogul
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by verizonil View Post
    I had to put the sim back in a mobley and ask them to do the inactive request. The first one got denied so make sure it's in the mobley. Also it was from the connected car department supervisor not the main customer service. It took me a while to get it fixed.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using HoFo mobile app
    Thanks for the information. The connected car supervisors claim they can't do anything and they have to send it to a 'back office'.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    181
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
    I made the mistake of going to the store. I hadn't read this thread before that so I was easy prey for them.
    Can you eloborate more please so that others can learn to avoid making the same mistake? Was it a SIM card change? Something else?

    Here’s my story https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...an)-experience

    In my case the back office was not able to help me, claming device incompatibility with the plan (they saw the entire history of which devices I used). However, the retention rep was able to do it in a few clicks once she saw the SIM was back in the Mobley so her her system was able to change my 5 gb plan back to CCU.

    Not gonna lie, I thought my chances were absolutely nil getting this holy grail plan back. But as you can see, a few people reporting back have been successful so as long as you get someone who knows what they're doing, you should be ok. good luck...
    Last edited by Archegos; 06-21-2018 at 06:09 AM. Reason: added more

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    192
    Feedback Score
    0
    As for me, back office was able to get me back on CCU plan which they had "mistakenly" cancelled when I asked for deunification of my billing. I had the SIM card back in the Mobley and it was no problem.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using HoFo mobile app

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    NYC / Shanghai
    Posts
    3,332
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X, Huawei Mate 10 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Project Fi, China Mobile, Inmarsat
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can call customer care if your plan gets messed up in the store. They submit a case and it gets fixed in the back end.
    ~ alphaod ~
    AT&T - Apple iPhone X
    China Mobile - Huawei Mate 10 Pro

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    65
    Device(s)
    Mogul
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Can you eloborate more please so that others can learn to avoid making the same mistake? Was it a SIM card change? Something else?

    Here’s my story https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...an)-experience

    In my case the back office was not able to help me, claming device incompatibility with the plan (they saw the entire history of which devices I used). However, the retention rep was able to do it in a few clicks once she saw the SIM was back in the Mobley so her her system was able to change my 5 gb plan back to CCU.

    Not gonna lie, I thought my chances were absolutely nil getting this holy grail plan back. But as you can see, a few people reporting back have been successful so as long as you get someone who knows what they're doing, you should be ok. good luck...
    Thanks for the replies everyone. It takes an act of congress to get this back. The only person that was able to do it for me was retentions. And not the oversees one. You have to call during normal business hours

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,847
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. It takes an act of congress to get this back. The only person that was able to do it for me was retentions. And not the oversees one. You have to call during normal business hours
    How did you lose it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    823
    Feedback Score
    0
    Moral of the story... don't change anything on a CCU plan, ever.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,847
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    Moral of the story... don't change anything on a CCU plan, ever.
    That’s why I’m not putting the Mobley in SIM in another other hotspot device.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    823
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    That’s why I’m not putting the Mobley in SIM in another other hotspot device.
    I meant don't change anything on the plan through Customer Service. As has been repeated countless times you can safely move the SIM, there is no problem in that.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    181
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by simon21 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. It takes an act of congress to get this back. The only person that was able to do it for me was retentions. And not the oversees one. You have to call during normal business hours
    Ok, so are you going to help us by sharing what went wrong? Did the store rep screw it up? Did the store rep call someone at ATT and they screwed it up?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 03:32 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 11:05 PM
  3. Old School Plan VS Family Plan
    By evilninja in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 05:43 PM
  4. Minute Tracker on old 30+ plan?...
    By fido8290 in forum Fido
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2002, 01:49 PM
  5. very old cellular plan
    By Paolo in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2001, 02:00 AM

Bookmarks