Phone
    Rose Gold iPhone 6s 16GB
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Just upgrade to 6s - ios11 safari question

Hey Guys,*

Been years since I posted on this forum. I just acquired a 6S 16GB from the wife. She upgraded to a 7. I was using a super old iOS. I did upgrade to 11. Now I have 1.15GB of documents and data stored in safari and I cannot seem to figure out how to clear it. I've cleared the bookmarks and history. I even went to geberal, safari, advanced and cleared that data, yet safari keeps showing I have 1.15GB stored in documents and data.

Any advice would be great.

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    There is no General>Safari>Advanced pathway. Look in General>iPhone Storage. Wait for the storage statistics to populate and touch the Safari entry. Look what is showing for Offline Reading List. You can clear the cache but it does not remove any articles in your reading list. Since you are using your wife's old iPhone as yours, I suggest that you reset the iPhone so that only data and apps you want are on the iPhone. You should setup a separate Apple ID for email, FaceTime, iMessage and Find My iPhone. Sharing the same Apple ID for those purposes means that any messages or email will be marked as delivered and read as soon as you create them. You also would be sharing FaceTime calls if you use the same Apple ID. You can use a shared Apple ID for apps and media so that each of you will not have to pay for apps, etc. separately.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    iPhone 6S Plus 128GB Space Grey (SIM Free)
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    First you need to go to your forum profile settings and change "iPhone 4S" to "iPhone 6S"

You do not mention doing a full reset on the device. Curious why not. That would clear the device out and restore it to factory settings. Did you do a restore from iCloud? A quick search found a site I had visited one time that had these instructions:

1. Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Scroll down and tap on Safari.
    3. Now scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Advanced.
    4. Tap on Website Data. ...
    5. Scroll to the bottom again and tap on Remove All Website Data.
    6. Confirm one more time you'd like to delete all data.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Phone
    Rose Gold iPhone 6s 16GB
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    We did so that last night. Cause I had to unlock the phone. So we did wipe it fully and I restored from an old back up of one of my own that was the old 5s of mine .

I've done everything suggested except erase all data and settings which I may try tonight. I do not have anything on reading list.

Also I have my own Apple account in which in using. I'm nothing hers.

Did not do a restore from mcloud. Rather did one from iTunes backup.

Safari is my most storage right now in exception to photos.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    My total storage for Safari is 163.3 megabytes. Could you be using a web-based email client?

Phone
    Rose Gold iPhone 6s 16GB
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    See no body has the crazy storage like i do. The wife has 256mb in safari. And no I do not believe im using a web based client. I have a gmail account and that runs through mac mail.

I did upload photos from my photo into imgur through safari. But I don't see how that could have done it. And if so, I can't figure out how to delete it. The pictures were uploaded and then removed from photos.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I read in some forum that there was a storage reporting problem in one of the beta releases of iOS 11. It was reported that that problem has been resolved.

Phone
    Rose Gold iPhone 6s 16GB
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I am using iOS 11.2. Not sure if that makes a difference. But yes I did hear that as well regarding beta versions. But there is no further updates i can do.

I think I'll try the back up tonight. Then erase all settings and data. And then back up from the latest back up. Maybe that'll relieve the ghost storage.

Carrier
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    Just delete it unless it is important to you

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Phone
    Rose Gold iPhone 6s 16GB
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Matter has now been resolved. I went from 1.5GB in documents and data on Safari to 18.2MB. This is how I did it;

I did a back up of my phone to the PC. I then went to settings, general, erase all data and settings. I then proceeded to go through the motions of logging into WiFi and setting up the phone. I then went to iTunes and restored my phone from the backup I just did. And voila. All my stuff is on the phone and documents and data have been erased.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    That could have been leftovers from Over The Air iOS software updates. It may be what used to be called "Other."