Feedback Score

Just moved from 5s to a 6s, had a good new backup, and can't use it.

My old 5s started having "no service" issues a couple of months ago. After having Apple do a reset, restored to backup, and a new SIM, the only thing left to do was get a new phone, so I bought a 6s. Went to Apple last night, they switched the SIM, activated, and told me to do the restore from iTunes (I don't use iCloud) when I got home. I plugged it in, and immediately got a "unable to restore from backup because software is too old" message. So I looked that up, and figured I needed to update the phone, and do a "set up as new phone". So I did that - let the latest IOS update install. Now iTunes is giving me a "The iPhone "xxxxx's iPhone could not be synced". So I closed iTunes on the pc, and reopened it and also went into phone and turned off iCloud (not sure why it was on) and it immediately did a backup (great) now I don't get the error. So now....is there any issue with restoring from my 5s backup (that I did last night) from last night to this new phone?? I clicked the restore option and it is telling me to turn off "Find my iphone". I haven't done that yet as I wanted to check here first. Will I get the option to select which backup to use? If not, can I just delete that backup it just did (yes I know where the backups are located). Is there any problem restoring to that backup just because it was a different generation? The dude at the Apple store gave me no clue as to any issues like this...so I'm slightly peeved. Honestly I just want my pictures and music back. Should not be this hard.

***edited
    I was able to choose the backup from last night, and it said that all it restores is contacts (which I already had from my gmail sync) pics texts and music, so I think I am good to go.
    Last edited by Chessie*; 12-12-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My sister sent me her old iPhone 6S when she upgrade to the X, first thing I did plug connect it with my computer, open itune and restore bsck up for my saved backup. But when you restore the iPhone, you need to turn off find my phone. I did that a few times, but it would come back on after the restore. all my pictures and music are on the 5S now.

Feedback Score
    I had a similar problem with the iOS versions for the same models. After updating to the same iOS version and turning off the find iPhone, the restore was completed successfully.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it's all good now.

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    That is not a bug but a feature.
    Earl F. Parrish