Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is At&t blocking text messages?

Feedback Score
    @Pomgup Thanks for the 40404 twitter help short code test. Simple & easy.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.22.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 04.01.18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    The "advanced tech" is wrong. The Twitter test I described in my last post above works successfully on my AT&T Prepaid account.
    Re my post copied above: I am using an Android phone. The OP said she is using an Apple phone. Could this possibly be an Apple issue?

Feedback Score
    Pompgup: he using an iPhone 6s Plus, so no Apple issue

I’m not receiving any answer when texting help to 40404.

Feedback Score
    And one important thing I have forgot to mention is: I do receive the at&t short code messages just fine (plan renewal, booked packages, etc), but nothing else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittaS View Post
    And one important thing I have forgot to mention is: I do receive the at&t short code messages just fine (plan renewal, booked packages, etc), but nothing else.
    Have you tried the twitter short code?

Feedback Score
    I have, I don’t get a response back. But I don’t get an error message sending it. So if it really gets sent or not, I don’t know, but I most definitely don’t receive an answer.

Feedback Score
    See if your texting app prepend a +1 to the 40404. My Android messages app does not and I got a prompt reply back. Using Google Hangout app via Google voice SMS, it prepends the +1 to 40404 and I don't get anything back though sending has no issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    @BrittaS: Try the Twitter test on your husband's phone. Is that test successful or unsuccessful on his phone?

Feedback Score
    @rubiconjp : yes, 100% no +1 added to the number.

@Pomgup : tried and worked just fine on his phone.

Feedback Score
    I have, I don’t get a response back. But I don’t get an error message sending it. So if it really gets sent or not, I don’t know, but I most definitely don’t receive an answer.
    Just tried Pomgup's excellent tip on an Android (Honor 6X) and got an immediate response back via text.

This issue has happened with other carriers as well, e.g. with Sprint people had to call in and have short codes enabled on their account. Have you tried getting AT&T to reset your profile - not your online account management profile, but your phone's settings in their system? Considering the short codes are definitely working on prepaid, it points to an issue with your phone or configuration - like the carrier profile installed on your iPhone.

Feedback Score
    I’m currently still waiting for a callback from the advanced tech that claimed short code messages might be disabled for all at&t prepaid.

Can I delete/update the carrier profile myself?

Feedback Score
    Have you asked CVS if other people have complained about not getting texts?? Probably not relevant but when me and my wife were on Cricket we never got texts from the Drs office. It was getting pretty ridiculous and the lady asked us, "Youre not on cricket are you? This isnt the first complaint we've had with that provider".

That was over a year ago probably but oddly similar.

Feedback Score
    Can I delete/update the carrier profile myself?
    The carrier/customer profile (which includes the customer's phone number) is on the SIM card and can not be edited by the customer. But the SIM card can be replaced -- which may or may not solve your problem.

(Certain other things on the SIM card can be edited by the customer in certain situations, but those situations are off-topic. For example, some people store their address book on the SIM card.)
    Last edited by Pomgup; 02-13-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Feedback Score

Is At&t blocking text messages?

MayorOfSexyTown : if it would just be CVS, but it is everything except the at&t short code messages.

Pompgup : at&t switched my SIM already, but I guess merely copied my “old” profile.

Feedback Score
    @BrittaS: Keep in mind that I was just answering your question ("Can I delete/update the carrier profile myself?"). I don't know if the profile is relevant to your problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast