Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Safelink Service Transfer problems

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0

    Safelink Service Transfer problems

    So I went ahead and tried the website's automated service transfer, that process was fairly easy and it reported my minutes correctly at the end.

    It said to wait till the old sim was deactivated which took about an hour.
    I then popped in the new BYOP sim into the phone and was able to get it to display 4G LTE.
    I tried to make a call at which point it sent me a automated welcome message.

    I could not make or recieve calls though incoming calls are just dead air on callers end, and out going calls just get busy tone.

    SMS is not working either except to 611611

    I tried setting up apn manually using the settings 611611 provided but get zero bars if I do.

    Does anyone know if you can text chat with tracfone for safelink service? I see the chat option for tracfone but the contact us page for safelink has a different number and no chat option..

    I think the network settings are ok LTE Discovery say's im on band 2, unless I try to make a call then we drop to 3g (H+) of course.

    I decided to go with the ATT sim, after looking at coverage maps the networks are pretty much equal in my state (almost wall to wall coverage) but I noticed in the neighboring state where we sometimes visit family ATT had much better coverage than Tmo.

    EDIT: The transfer was from a Safelink provided LG 440g flip phone, to a Verizon (Prepaid) Moto E2 (XT1528) (Android).. Although running in GSM/LTE mode. (NON Verizon service)
    Last edited by CellularDecay; 12-14-2017 at 08:03 PM. Reason: fixed a ugly typo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    Update:
    Since it was getting late decided to call them tomorrow morning and hope to get good support.. I figured earlier in the day the better.

    I put the phone on charge and sat it on the desk, after a few hours the phone rang.. which was a shocker.. I picked it up was safelink/tracfone.

    A ticket was generated to complete the transfer, Apparently I did everything right on my end but the minutes were not auto transferred.
    And since it's coming from the flip phone has no data assigned to it (I was hoping they would auto allocate a month or do some sort of minute/mb swap, but not unexpected)

    We went thru a few things.. and rebooted the phone it had a provision profile update which I installed, but still no joy.
    She told me to wait 24hours and call back and hopefully the system will have transferred over the minutes.

    It's unclear but I think I have to wait till next month for the data to kick in.
    It's also not clear what happens to these minutes that are saved.. I suspect they'll go poof.. I'd prefer to keep them for an emergency / heavy use month but not the end of the world if not, I almost never used more than 200 mins/mo usually around 150 anyway.

    I don't think English was her first language by the way she spoke but her accent was minimal and the English was rather good if she wasn't a natural speaker so I guess I got lucky on the CS.

    I'll update tomorrow on how it goes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    Apparently I did everything right on my end but the minutes were not auto transferred.
    And since it's coming from the flip phone has no data assigned to it (I was hoping they would auto allocate a month or do some sort of minute/mb swap, but not unexpected)

    She told me to wait 24hours and call back and hopefully the system will have transferred over the minutes.
    Was your flip-phone on (Safelink) AT&T or another carrier? Sometimes when you change carrier the balance takes some time to be "pushed" from TF system to the carrier's system.

    I don't know how it works with Safelink, but in a transfer with Tracfone service all buckets of the receiving smartphone get the same number of units that the flip-phone had. Example: 127 minutes on the flip phone will become 127 talk minutes, 127 texts, and 127 MB on the smartphone.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,684
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    We went thru a few things.. and rebooted the phone it had a provision profile update which I installed, but still no joy.
    She told me to wait 24hours and call back and hopefully the system will have transferred over the minutes.
    Usually the kiss of death with TF C/S which in turn requires extra effort on your part to retrieve all your units and/or days back.
    With TF I don't let them go until my device is fully functional.

    SafeLink being a different service provider under the TF umbrella, I hope it all works out with no hassles.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,814
    Feedback Score
    0
    You've never had them tell you it's going to take 24-48 hours for the transfer or whatever to complete? What would you do in that case?

    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Usually the kiss of death with TF C/S which in turn requires extra effort on your part to retrieve all your units and/or days back.
    With TF I don't let them go until my device is fully functional.

    SafeLink being a different service provider under the TF umbrella, I hope it all works out with no hassles.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    Im not sure, I think it used AT&T, It's a LG 440g
    Sim card was part#: TF64SIMC4_v2

    Do you know if the minutes "bank" on the upgrade? or are they transferred over and removed next cycle?

    I just got a call on it so incoming is working, and called out.. so in+out voice is ok now, text is still dead.
    Not sure how to check minutes, I tried the website but it can't seem to find the balance atm.

    Rep told me they're working on getting the tracfone "my account" app to work with safelink phones, but in the mean time?
    From what I understand BYOP has been on the table for about a year you'd think they'd have that basic/critical kink worked out.

    I tried checking via 611611 but it said my balance should be displayed on screen if not goto pre-paid menu.. ya but there isn't one on my phone lol.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,814
    Feedback Score
    0
    The linkibelow works for balance checking TracFone smartphones/BYOPs. Give it a try. I don't know if it will work with Safelink though.

    "https://www.fastactportal.com/static/balanceReq?numberSubmit=Submit&min=<your 10-digit mobile number>"

    Replace <your 10-digit mobile number> with 10-digit TracFone phone number and drop both quotes (") from above.

    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    Im not sure, I think it used AT&T, It's a LG 440g
    Sim card was part#: TF64SIMC4_v2

    Do you know if the minutes "bank" on the upgrade? or are they transferred over and removed next cycle?

    I just got a call on it so incoming is working, and called out.. so in+out voice is ok now, text is still dead.
    Not sure how to check minutes, I tried the website but it can't seem to find the balance atm.

    Rep told me they're working on getting the tracfone "my account" app to work with safelink phones, but in the mean time?
    From what I understand BYOP has been on the table for about a year you'd think they'd have that basic/critical kink worked out.

    I tried checking via 611611 but it said my balance should be displayed on screen if not goto pre-paid menu.. ya but there isn't one on my phone lol.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    mmm Handy link that, Somewhat worrisome that you can lookup someones serivice with just their number though.

    It's been saying "just a moment" for like 5 mins, However it did fill in the minutes and texts, the minutes are correct minus about 10, so I think it's tracking minutes correctly now.

    Text reads "0".. data and service date never filled in.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,814
    Feedback Score
    0
    What good would it do someone to know your balances? TracFone does not advertise this link, so most people outside of the forum don't know it - if that helps .

    Glad to hear it worked for you. Sounds like they have not populated your text and data buckets yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    mmm Handy link that, Somewhat worrisome that you can lookup someones serivice with just their number though.

    It's been saying "just a moment" for like 5 mins, However it did fill in the minutes and texts, the minutes are correct minus about 10, so I think it's tracking minutes correctly now.

    Text reads "0".. data and service date never filled in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    229
    Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    So I went ahead and tried the website's automated service transfer, that process was fairly easy and it reported my minutes correctly at the end.

    It said to wait till the old sim was deactivated which took about an hour.
    I then popped in the new BYOP sim into the phone and was able to get it to display 4G LTE.
    I tried to make a call at which point it sent me a automated welcome message.

    I could not make or recieve calls though incoming calls are just dead air on callers end, and out going calls just get busy tone.

    SMS is not working either except to 611611

    I tried setting up apn manually using the settings 611611 provided but get zero bars if I do.

    Does anyone know if you can text chat with tracfone for safelink service? I see the chat option for tracfone but the contact us page for safelink has a different number and no chat option..

    I think the network settings are ok LTE Discovery say's im on band 2, unless I try to make a call then we drop to 3g (H+) of course.

    I decided to go with the ATT sim, after looking at coverage maps the networks are pretty much equal in my state (almost wall to wall coverage) but I noticed in the neighboring state where we sometimes visit family ATT had much better coverage than Tmo.

    EDIT: The transfer was from a Safelink provided LG 440g flip phone, to a Verizon (Prepaid) Moto E2 (XT1528) (Android).. Although running in GSM/LTE mode. (NON Verizon service)
    I did this last week...Transferred from a GSM phone to a Verizon phone. I did mine thru TracFone chat and the number was transferred within a couple minutes, the minutes, data and texts were not. I had to call Safelink customer service and the first rep I talked to only wanted to give me 267 minutes out of the 3900 I had so I asked if I could talk to someone else cause I wasn't settling for that. I was transferred to a higher up rep and I finally got 3000 of my minutes plus the data I had back with same expiration date as before. I had to go somewhere and didn't think to check my text while I was on the phone with the rep, but learned after I had gotten in the car that I didn't have any text. My ticket number was at home and I didn't have time to go back to get it and I needed my text available so I gave in and paid $5 for 1000 texts. I will wait till the 1st of the month and see if I get the unlimited text when I get my monthly minutes. If I do not I will be calling customer service again to get it straightened out.

    Anytime you do a transfer use either Safelink chat or TracFone's, especially if you have a high amount of minutes. Just glad I'm able to swap the SIM to another Verizon phone when I decide to and not have to go thru this again. Hope you get it all straightened out soon.
    ~~Teresa ~~

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    I seen tracfone chat but did not see the option to chat with safelink.. where is that? all I could fine was a phone number for voice support.
    It appears I have my full minutes.. whether or not they get wiped next month remains to be seen.. I can live without data till next month.. after all the flip phone had none anyway.. but having no texts at all really sucks, and you don't even get an indication that anything went wrong.. both in and out going sms act's like it's going thru.

    So far no change since last night, Im gonna call support later tonight.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    229
    Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    I seen tracfone chat but did not see the option to chat with safelink.. where is that? all I could fine was a phone number for voice support.
    It appears I have my full minutes.. whether or not they get wiped next month remains to be seen.. I can live without data till next month.. after all the flip phone had none anyway.. but having no texts at all really sucks, and you don't even get an indication that anything went wrong.. both in and out going sms act's like it's going thru.

    So far no change since last night, Im gonna call support later tonight.
    You have to sign in to your Safelink account to use chat. I wouldn't wait to long to get in touch with them. The sooner you get it resolved after the transfer the better chance you will have getting it straightened out.

    The amount of minutes you had on the flip phone should be the same amount transferred to the smartphone. Say you had 200 minutes, you should also have 200mb of data and unlimited text on the new phone.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,724
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    but having no texts at all really sucks, and you don't even get an indication that anything went wrong.. both in and out going sms act's like it's going thru.
    Maybe with unlimited text they don't show an amount for text? When you said "like it's going through", is your phone receiving any incoming text, or able to send out text?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    50
    Feedback Score
    0
    Im using the google messenger app, sending text it does not seem to have any errors.. act's like it sent.

    same thing if you try to text the phone.. the sender does not get any errors it's as if it was successful.

    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    You have to sign in to your Safelink account to use chat.
    Can you give me a hint as to where to go after you sign in?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,814
    Feedback Score
    0
    Try texting to your own cell number. If you get the text and reply and get the response, you'll know it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by CellularDecay View Post
    Im using the google messenger app, sending text it does not seem to have any errors.. act's like it sent.

    same thing if you try to text the phone.. the sender does not get any errors it's as if it was successful.


    Can you give me a hint as to where to go after you sign in?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Transferring Safelink service to another Tracfone
    By alliwu in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 09:29 AM
  2. Tracfone Service Transfer Problem
    By tfusr19 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 04:57 PM
  3. Service Transfer PROBLEM!
    By wplanck in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 05:49 PM
  4. weird TMO service logo problem???
    By micjay22 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2003, 05:13 PM
  5. Data Transfer Problems?
    By lynch in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 11:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks