Thread: Roam Like Home vs Easy Roam

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score

Roam Like Home vs Easy Roam

Hi All,

I have been following Rogers Roam Like Home for a while now, and I noticed that the destinations aren't expanding much. Does anyone know how often Rogers expands destinations? As an example, both Bell and Telus' offerings include many destinations in the Middle East (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, etc.). Rogers Roam Like Home only includes Israel, and I remember seeing that for almost ever. Any ideas?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you'll really see an expansion at this point. Cuba was removed as a destination about a year and a half to two years ago
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    Hi All,

I have been following Rogers Roam Like Home for a while now, and I noticed that the destinations aren't expanding much. Does anyone know how often Rogers expands destinations? As an example, both Bell and Telus' offerings include many destinations in the Middle East (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, etc.). Rogers Roam Like Home only includes Israel, and I remember seeing that for almost ever. Any ideas?
    I made an online comment about this on the Fido website sometime in October/November, specifically comparing them with Koodo showing how they fell way behind. As an example, Africa has 3 countries on Koodo, Fido/Rogers has only 1. The middle east is also terrible. Interestingly, i got a call from a supervisor/manager and we chatted about this. I mentioned that i did not care about the US but if Koodo could serve the other countries then Fido/Rogers could also arrange that. He mentioned he would definitely have this discussed at next meeting, and hoped we would see something in the new year.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nzoka View Post
    I made an online comment about this on the Fido website sometime in October/November, specifically comparing them with Koodo showing how they fell way behind. As an example, Africa has 3 countries on Koodo, Fido/Rogers has only 1. The middle east is also terrible. Interestingly, i got a call from a supervisor/manager and we chatted about this. I mentioned that i did not care about the US but if Koodo could serve the other countries then Fido/Rogers could also arrange that. He mentioned he would definitely have this discussed at next meeting, and hoped we would see something in the new year.
    Wow thanks for sharing your experience. That would be exciting. Particularly, the Middle East is embarassing right now...just one country...and there are some real hot tourist spots (Dubai, for example), where lots of Canadians do go, and would love to enjoy Fido Roam. If you hear anything, please keep this thread in the loop. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    Wow thanks for sharing your experience. That would be exciting. Particularly, the Middle East is embarassing right now...just one country...and there are some real hot tourist spots (Dubai, for example), where lots of Canadians do go, and would love to enjoy Fido Roam. If you hear anything, please keep this thread in the loop. Thanks!
    Rogers finally adds more countries ( 41 ) . https://communityforums.rogers.com/t...me/ba-p/449089

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Moleman View Post
    I don't think you'll really see an expansion at this point. Cuba was removed as a destination about a year and a half to two years ago
    Why doesn't Rogers have roaming in Cuba? Bell and Telus both offer it

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander1 View Post
    Why doesn't Rogers have roaming in Cuba? Bell and Telus both offer it
    Cuba has recently been re-added as a Roam Like Home destination for Rogers

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)