Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

not charging when phone is off?

when i first got my phone i was able to charge my phone when it was off and itll show the battery icon....a few days later, this morning (way to early) i notice when i plug my phone in to charge (Phone off) it wasnt doing any thing at all.no battery icon when charging when its off..i turn it on and then it started to charge so i turn it off again and the thing still aint charging , only time it charges it is when its on

what the hell is going on?

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    That is not how it is supposed to work. If you plug the charger in when the iPhone is off, that action turns on the iPhone. You have to manually turn the telephone off while charging, if that is what you want. While the telephone is off, nothing shows on the screen. Only the power button will work in that state. The low power setting turns off some of some of the screen displays until the telephone is fully charged. Under normal conditions, if the battery percentage is very low, it may take several minutes before the display will come on the charger is plugged in.

How do you know that the telephone is not charging while off, since the screen remains blank?
    Last edited by efparri; 12-18-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i just try the power buttun and it does nothing when the phone is off and on a charger...i used to be able to press the home button and itll show a battery icon and thats it charging...when phone is off and on the charger it doesnt do anything till i power the phone on...i got the phone on Thursday and it was working fine till this happen...

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    That is not how it is supposed to work. If you plug the charger in when the iPhone is off, that action turns on the iPhone. You have to manually turn the telephone off while charging, if that is what you want. While the telephone is off, nothing shows on the screen. Only the power button will work in that state. The low power setting turns off some off some of the screen displays until the telephone is fully charged. Under normal conditions, if the battery percentage is very low, it may take several minutes before the display will come on the charger is plugged in.

How do you know that the telephone is not charging while off, since the screen remains blank?
    yes!

before it showed a battery icon showing it was charging and showed a % as well for the battery.. now its just a blank screen

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If the iPhone is new, take it to the Apple Store for troubleshooting. You may have debris inside the port or a charger with an intermittent connection due to a broken wire.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The battery icon only shows up when the telephone is on. There is always a blank screen when the telephone is off. What is the state of the battery when you charge it? Is it in the red zone? Did you turn on low power mode?

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i was just at the apple store cuz i thought my speaker was busted but it turn out that i needed to pull off the plastic that came on the phone...i had them do a sound test since i was there just to make sure (its a hour drive)

soooo i found this on apples site https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7716700

looks like when the phone is off the screen is blank and u cant tell how much its charge untill u turn on ur phone....

soo why did my phone show a huge battery on the screen showing it being charge but now for some reason its just a blank screen and im not sure if the phone is charging ....

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i was just at the apple store cuz i thought my speaker was busted but it turn out that i needed to pull off the plastic that came on the phone...i had them do a sound test since i was there just to make sure (its a hour drive)

looks like when the phone is off the screen is blank and u cant tell how much its charge untill u turn on ur phone....

soo why did my phone show a huge battery on the screen showing it being charge but now for some reason its just a blank screen and im not sure if the phone is charging ....
    This link from Apple support may help you...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post

Plugging in the charger turns the telephone on if it is off. The exception occurs when the battery charge is very low. It may take up to ten minutes before the screen comes back on. Do you have Battery Percentage turned on in Settings?

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Plugging in the charger turns the telephone on if it is off. The exception occurs when the battery charge is very low. It may take up to ten minutes before the screen comes back on. Do you have Battery Percentage turned on in Settings?

yes...

well i guess that just how iphones work now? u cant charge them while the phone is off it has to be turn on?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Once the charger is plugged in, you can turn the iPhone back off. If you unplug the charger block to move to another location, the telephone will turn back on when the charger block is plugged into another power outlet.

Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Once the charger is plugged in, you can turn the iPhone back off. If you unplug the charger block to move to another location, the telephone will turn back on when the charger block is plugged into another power outlet.

so when the phone is plug in and charging , i turn the phone off and its blank doesnt show any signal that the phone is being charged while the phone is power off, no icons nothing is on the screen...so does the iphone not charge if its off?

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    It charges when the charger is plugged in regardless as to whether the telephone is turned on or not. This can be empirically determined without prolonging this thread anymore.