Thread: Reinstate Freedom Line

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score

Reinstate Freedom Line

Hi All,

I was tempted by the recent offers and moved to Fido three days ago for the $60/10gb plan. Now, I am having second thoughts, as I had a F&F code and the $50 everywhere plan with freedom. Is there any way I can reinstate the account to how it used to be including my 35% code and old plan from three days ago?

I called Customer Service, and asked to speak with loyalty; she refused to transfer me because she said the loyalty team is only for those customers who are wishing to cancelled but not already cancelled. I asked if there is a winback team that can look at reinstating my account, and she said no.

Does anyone know if there is any department at freedom that can help and get back my business? CS is currently advising to just visit a freedom store and do a new signup. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    umm you had a line you port it out to Fido now if you are trying to move back in that would be a new activation. I'm afraid you are out of luck in this case.
    WIND: Everywhere 50
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 8gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    umm you had a line you port it out to Fido now if you are trying to move back in that would be a new activation. I'm afraid you are out of luck in this case.
    Back in the "Wind" days they used to have a winback team that would help in reinstating a line, often on the Irresistable 35 plan...and they would be able to restore everything. I guess that doesn't exist in any form anymore?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch (barely works now - piece of junk)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    You had the $50 plan with F&F code, so basically paying $32.50 and you thought it was wise to double your monthly expense to $60???! No wonder loyalty won’t deal with you. Your the opposite of loyal.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krzyszton View Post
    You had the $50 plan with F&F code, so basically paying $32.50 and you thought it was wise to double your monthly expense to $60???! No wonder loyalty won’t deal with you. Your the opposite of loyal.
    Thanks for the judgement...

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hkalltheway View Post
    Back in the "Wind" days they used to have a winback team that would help in reinstating a line, often on the Irresistable 35 plan...and they would be able to restore everything. I guess that doesn't exist in any form anymore?
    As far as I know every brand has variously named winback teams

EG on Koodo you can restore a cancelled line within 90 days

Despite the odd replies you getting in this thread give customer service a call
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    As far as I know every brand has variously named winback teams

EG on Koodo you can restore a cancelled line within 90 days

Despite the odd replies you getting in this thread give customer service a call
    Yup, customer service are the ones who refused to transfer me to loyalty & retentions. At this stage, I think I may be better off getting a new F&F code from a friend and signing up for a new line and get the BYOD bonus of $10 per month, then call retention and try to switch to the $50 everywhere plan. I think that's the best bet for now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4, Desire 601
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yup, customer service are the ones who refused to transfer me to loyalty & retentions. At this stage, I think I may be better off getting a new F&F code from a friend and signing up for a new line and get the BYOD bonus of $10 per month, then call retention and try to switch to the $50 everywhere plan. I think that's the best bet for now.
    You are in a hard predicament, as some providers do this (reinstate plan and perks), but only if it benefits the company like they charge a transfer/activation fee.

But still having a good plan and an ever improving network. Why did you switch to Fido? As the person above said, you are paying Fido more than double you paid Freedom.

With Fido you have to BYOP, while with Freedom you can subsidize a device.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using HoFo mobile app
    I will never buy an HTC ever again! (two broke within 4 years, which were well taken care of)

Learn about price collusion, https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comm...n_of_canadian/ Canada has the highest utility rates in the G7 countries. Say no to price collusion, be informed of the CCTS, Industry Canada and the CRTC. The working class needs affordability in today's society.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile/Wind
    Feedback Score
    ^ agree Freedom is finally branching out and they’ve finally did some disruptions in BC AB and ON. Paying double for the same thing is a big mistake plus you’d get unlimited data where as Fido gives you 10+5gb per month if they still do the extra 5gb monthly thing.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by megamew View Post
    ^ agree Freedom is finally branching out and they’ve finally did some disruptions in BC AB and ON. Paying double for the same thing is a big mistake plus you’d get unlimited data where as Fido gives you 10+5gb per month if they still do the extra 5gb monthly thing.
    Is Freedom's data, especially while roaming in the US, at least "usable" after the 1gb? For example, would facetime calls work, or whatsapp calls? That was the reason I moved in the first place, which I am now regretting...because with Fido I had the choice of paying the $6 for the day and could use upto my full 10gb data when I need it. Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    BYOD cannot be added if you have F&F on the line. The only discount you can get is the BTS with F&F!

Sent from my LG G6

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Is Freedom's data, especially while roaming in the US, at least "usable" after the 1gb? For example, would facetime calls work, or whatsapp calls? That was the reason I moved in the first place, which I am now regretting...because with Fido I had the choice of paying the $6 for the day and could use upto my full 10gb data when I need it. Thanks!
    Unless you use more than 1 GB in the US every other month then this is a moot point. Yes freedoms data is usable after 1 GB. Do you need* 10 GB in the US? Do you *need* 10 GB at all I mean have you ever managed to use this much of data? If the answer is no then the plan isn't of much use to you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus (256GB version). iPhone 6S Plus (128GB version)
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Unless you use more than 1 GB in the US every other month then this is a moot point. Yes freedoms data is usable after 1 GB. Do you need* 10 GB in the US? Do you *need* 10 GB at all I mean have you ever managed to use this much of data? If the answer is no then the plan isn't of much use to you.

Should do both here. FaceTime calls should work, I mean even in a 3G area (I'm in a Band 7 LTE area) I was amazed at how this worked. Whatsapp calls will work as well. You could blow through 10GB if you're a power user domestically.

For US Roaming? Moot point.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    So, being OP, I owe everyone here an update on what happened:

1- Some kind members of Hofo PMd with ideas and numbers to reach
    2- Things were extremely busy yesterday with all departments and I was simply not able to get through
    3- I went to the freedom store last night, and they said I would have to get a new line
    4- I activated a new line with the $50 10gb big gig data/talk/text plan, which was expiring tomorrow
    5- I was eligible for the BYOD discount, so they tacked that on
    6- I was able to get a friends and family code from a friend of mine
    7- I called loyalty and retentions this morning and explained the whole situation very honestly about me moving to fido but wanting to come back
    8- He was willing to give me back my old plan, but said that the BYOD promo is not valid with it, so he applied a $10 credit for 6 months and put a note to renew it for another 6 months after it expires to make things better
    9- He transferred me to the porting department, and i ported my number back
    10- He said to apply the new F&F code after the port is complete

So, I am happily back with the Everywhere 50 8gb / 1gb Away (US/Canada) roaming and have a friends / family code, and he gave me $10 off per month in lieu of the BYOD not being compatible with this plan...so at $22.5/month for 6 months, to be extended, I can't complain, and am a very happy customer and happy to be back with Freedom. Thank you guys!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver8666 View Post
    Should do both here. FaceTime calls should work, I mean even in a 3G area (I'm in a Band 7 LTE area) I was amazed at how this worked. Whatsapp calls will work as well. You could blow through 10GB if you're a power user domestically.

For US Roaming? Moot point.
    I don't know ... I have managed to use less than 200 MB consistently for the past year or so. I tried hard one month and got to 3 GB. What do you do to get to 10 GB of usage ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast